Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking Mary Jane.

Hi everyone.

This past weekend I was really anxious, bored not feeling in the mood of doing anything (but drinking).

I landed up smoking some weed with my brother in law and that's pretty much what I did for the rest of the weekend.

What is your opinion on smoking weed? Am I heading for another disaster by replacing my non drinking with this habit? (I should mention that I am not a regular smoker but that was the first time really since my teen years).

Is it presumably fine to have a joint once in a while or am I really just looking for another way to get wasted?

I know these are really questions that only I could answer but I am just interested in your opinions in general.

luv,

Johnny
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Smoking Mary Jane.

Hi Johnny,
    I hate to tell people what to do, all I can advise is my own experience. I have spent most of my life addicted to alcohol, drugs and then alcohol again. I started taking drugs when I was 17, I progressed to heroin. To get off this I turned to drink. I have been drinking heavily for many many years. In my experience any mind altering drug is a way to change how you feel. To me, that is feeding the addictive part of our brains. I think the fact you are an alcoholic/problem drinker shows that part of your mind is always looking for a way out. In my humble opinion I would stay away from the weed. I really hope you think about this very carefully my friend. I dont think its a good path for you to take
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

Johnnyh......they still call it Mary Jane, have'nt heard that term since the late 60's early 70's...Ha! Does'nt matter, smoking grass destroys brain cells., makes you paranoid and impaires your judgment. Trading one high for another.......what good does that do. Your still depending on something to try to deal with reality. You've come to the right place, listen to the pro's here, they can help. Good luck. IAD
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

I've tried and even had friends suggest I use weed/other "less destructive" drugs to relax, instead of AL.

I have to say that from experience any mind altering or psychoactive drug always leads me back to drink. I know if I am to recover I cannot risk or use anything else to get off on!

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

NO stinkie POO here.

Disgusting.. i am sorry. Weed to me is toxic mind-altering stinko cockaa..
          It makes me frozen in time, my mouth all dryed up like i sucked on on wad of hay!!!
          Puff damages the brain no different than alcohol ... ever see a burnt brain from pot?
          I believe Pot permanetly causes personality defects just as booze does.. i know people who use it, and they think they are normal ... they are not. ..
          Smoke your Jane, don't pass the pipe to me.. I'll dip it in water..

Ripped ..

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

You ARE kidding...right?

Johnny--I have to believe you are just pulling our leg and having some fun with us. You can't REALLY be serious about switching from one addictive to another one (is it legal there?) Addictive behaviour is addictive behavior, no matter if your crutch is alcohol, pot, gambling, shopping, sex or pills.

Pot is going to make you just as loopy as booze. It will cause or continue any other issues you have. Don't go there, sweets.

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

Just say NO!!
              :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

I guess I have no problem with non-addictive people smoking pot. But for those of us who are addicted to something be it booze or whatever, you can put booze and pot in the same category. They go to our brains and all we want is more. Beware, as others have implied -- people like us are just substituting one poison for another. Good luck and God bless.
                Matt

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

Hi Johnny

I thought that would be a good idea about 6 years ago- I thought if I smoked a joint or two around witching hour it would stop me craving alcohol.

Wrong- I soon added alcohol back into the mix and then became re-addicted to the nicotine in the tobacco I was mixing the MJ with- I ended up rolling a joint every half hour to go with my beer when really all I wanted by then was the nicotine- I hadn't had a cig for about 6 years at that point.

Luckily I was soon able to drop the nicotine and MJ again, and just stuck with my original alcohol- it did not work for me.

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

People can smoke pot .. i cannot. Never could, never have, it makes me sick. ..

I always knew i was different.. :H

Like the name Mary-Jane though..

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

when i had stopped (drinking) previously for those 8 months i smoked pot here and there and was fine. i just enjoyed the buzz but never felt the need like i did with al. so imo it just depends on the person. i would smoke this time around except i have no way to get any but no biggie.
                      I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
                      sober since 2/4/12

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

I am with you Rippie! I cannot smoke the stuff. It makes me so bloody paranoid! I never enjoyed it the few times I tried it.

My mother went from Pot to AL back to Pot along with AL. Not good.

Try getting high on life. It is free and it is healthy!

I must confess tho. I do love the smell of the green stuff!

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

am I out of touch?

Okay--my younger days are long gone, and I must be out of the loop, but correct me if I am wrong.

Pot is still illegal, right?

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

i was in detroit with my old band and a homeless man walked up to me and offered me a joint proclaiming that pot had saved him from alcohol 5 years before...i wonder what his life was like with al?

this is in no way a judgement about homeless folks, i have been there in life as well.

Comment

Smoking Mary Jane.

I'm sorry but you are just going from one addiction to another. Don't smoke weed. It seems like you're just trying block out life and emotions... is there any reason why you're doing this? Has or is something happening? Maybe if you confront your feelings this might help.
                              It's not normal to need to be wasted all the time.
                              STOP SMOKING!! or in a while you'll be on a drug help site as well. It's not worth it. You just need to deal with how you are feeling, all the cravings and the hell like the rest of us. You CAN do this but not by smoking weed.

Comment

Working...
                              X