Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the first 30 days, did you...

Hi fellow Abbers,
    Did you get sort of wigged out around or shortly after your first 30 days AF? I hit 30 a week ago, and several days ago I started getting bitchy, emotional, reactive, and anxiety returned. By this afternoon I felt nearly completely wigged out - restless, can't focus, just weird feeling. I don't have any cravings though, and am not at risk of drinking.

My therapist, whom I just talked to, said this is normal after 30 days, as the addiction is truly leaving the body is being torn out at the roots. I also think I may have some hormonal stuff going on (middle age female hormones, and adrenal issues).

So just wondering if any of you have felt this. I felt so good for a month and am rather pissed to be feeling anxious and restless again.
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

yes very normal .. just be careful and dont hurt anyone .. and try to control yourself body and mind are going thur still alot ..
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I didn't. Not that I remember anyway. It just went on as usual. I knew I wasn't going to mod so I didn't wrestle with those kinds of thoughts. Just the everyday business of staying on the wagon.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

man, i feel ya mow!

i had a rough day, only i was craving and generally off all day...it is day 31 for me.

i posted a few times reaching out for support and got tons of it.
        i'm glad you aren't craving, at least!

come here and bitch, let it all hang out...it's part of the process of getting well.

peace!

Comment

MOW--sounds like you are doing great! I had more problems around 90 days, and like you think I have some hormone issues. I recommended to sausage the other day to check out an old thread--"30 days and beyond". I totally read that one from start to finish.
          Keep up the great work!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hey LV - where is that thread? I can't find it, even tried the search function.
            thanks!

Comment

Thank goodness I'm not alone. Day 36 today and I'm going nuts. I even bought a bottle of wine yesterday. DIDN'T drink it, but I thought it would get easier, not harder. I don't like these kinds of rollercosters. I'm sure I won't drink, but I'm frustrated. Let's hope it's just a little phase.

Comment

My therapist says it begins at about 30 days, and lasts about a week or two. He recommended juices that help with detox, like pomegranate or cranberry. We'll make it!!

Comment

I so caved in on Saturday after 31 days. Bottle of whiskey, Packet of fags, Ladle of guilt and a Pinch of hubris.
                  Ah well. It's day 3.

Comment

Hi All
                    Congratulations to all who are who are being successful with their plan.Be careful in your goal setting.By this I mean have long term goals to strive for so their isn't a let down mentally when you have met a certain goal.I know 30 days was big for me but viewed it as reaching the first base camp in a climb up Mt. Everest.It was to be enjoyed but was no were near were I wanted to be.Their are some tough patches between 60 - 100 days.Then for some reason their is a break through and yes it is much easier.I have stooped celebrating monthly anniversaries because I always associated celebration with drinking.I have from the beginning viewed 1 year as the start to a sober life.It is in the back of my mind as I live one day at a time. No one or thing is going to stop me from enjoying my life free from the chains of alcohol.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                    AF 5-16-08
                    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                    AF 5-16-08

Comment

MOW: I too just passed the 30 day mark. For me, the initial euphoria of sobriety (the pink cloud as it is known by the AA members) has passed. The daily struggle of having to turn my thoughts away from AL has passed, because I don't think about it every minute. I think I experience a sort of "What's next?" feeling. I've read that it takes 28 repititions to change &/or form a habit. We've passed over the worst of the changing phase. I think the next part of our recovery will reveal itself to us as long as we stay sober & are open to it.

I had a long period of sobriety at the end of 2007 & into March of 2008. I broke it, because I didn't do anything about replacing the drinking w/new behaviors. This time around I've added exercise, meditation, & serious discussion of issues w/my family members (as the issues come up). Just simply white-knuckling it didn't work for me.

I hope this is helpful.

Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Be careful in your goal setting.By this I mean have long term goals to strive for so their isn't a let down mentally when you have met a certain goal

For me this is very good advice and what I am trying to do. I've read where there are cycles. 30 days, 60 days & 9 mnths. That doesn't mean everyone will go through these cycles but I just want to be aware of what might be happening. I don't count days any more but instead I'm trying to change and add things to my life to.

Thank you MOW for this tread. This is the kind of help and support that makes this site so great.
                        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ker-18639.html

I keep forgetting it is: "Day 31 and Beyond" easier to search if you have the right name!!
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Caysea, good advice, thank you.
                            Mary - yes, it's that 'what's next' feeling. Or like, 'Is this all there is'? I definitely had the euphoria for a few weeks - I didn't know it was so common that AAers had a name for it! But coming off that high to find that I still have plenty of "issues" in my life is a wet blanket. I do remind myself that although I do still have many of the same issues, I am much more capable of dealing with them now than ever before.

I hadn't really thought about setting a long-term goal. 30 was a goal and now I'm just going along day by day. I see the value in longer goals and will do that.

Thanks for the link LV.

Have a fantastic day everyone!!!
                            xoxoxoxox

Comment

i know exactly how you feel..... i just posted about this a couple of days ago. I was so excited to meet that 30 days. I knew I wasn't going to be able to drink after the 30 days was up but i just thought something would be different or eaiser or something ya know. now i am at 40 something days. i am going to try not to count them so intesely. i want to take the advice people on here have given. i want to live my life as a non-drinker not an ex-drinker. i am just so sick of it sucking my every breath and giving me total tunnel vision. good luck to you and i know this sounds stupid but for some reason camomille tea with honey has really been hitting the spot for me lately.
                              I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
                              sober since 2/4/12

Comment

Working...
                              X