Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Tues, February 3rd 09

Marking and running!!!!

Morning everyone - a bit more snow overnight and school is closed again today - fortunately I don't work today so don't have childcare problems. Swimming lessons however are not cancelled so i'll try and brave it out there later!!

Have a good AF day everyone

Morning Sausage and all to come!! Yep, school closed again today so no work for me again ....it was meant to open at 10am but after an inspection at 8 o'clock they decided to stay closed, the paths/drives were too dangerous. The sun is now shining so it should soon melt. Yesterday we had a 2 hour long walk and it was gorgeous!! I agree with you Sausage about the south not being able to cope with a bit of snow.......I'm a north-east girl and have many memories of digging ourselves out of much deeper snow to get to school come what may!!

Day 17 here and have no pull to drink - have had the odd little thought here and there but its soon passed. Going to to catch up on the jobs in the house then have a walk out into town in this lovely sunshine.

love to all.....

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

hey everyone.

Reads like total chaos in UK with the snow?! personally not seen any snow in about a decade. Mayb I should come your side for a holiday!

HAve a great day everyone.
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Hi Everyone: I saw on U.S. television that you folks in the UK have gotten your first real big snowstorm in 2 decades. It must paralyze your country if you're not accustomed to it. We (in New England) have gotten a total of 43 inches so far this winter. That's a lot even for us.

I'm doing well on the sobriety front. I did have that difficult discussion w/my husb, & it went well. I felt emotional while speaking to him, but I said what I needed to say. I guess that's what I avoided w/drink. But, nothing ever got settled, because when I finally recovered from a binge, the issue had passed or I felt too guilty about drinking to bring it up. My husb & I don't disagree on very much, but it's unrealistic to expect to agree on everything, & I can't avoid conflict or emotion through AL. So, I've kept to my new year's resolution to clear up any & all conflicts as they arise...instead of drinking them out of my mind.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Good day to all in AB-Land and thank you Sausage for getting us started today! It is something how a small amount of snow or ice can paralyze an area that is not used to it. I remember years ago being in Dallas on business when they had a snow / ice storm. Everything came to a giant stop! Sausage, enjoy the day with your kids! Janice, congrats on 17 Days Sober and have fun on your snow day off too!

Mary I'm glad your talk with Mr. went well. I can relate to the guilt feelings after drinking - and not wanting to bring up *problems* on top of THAT problem. Not a good way to maintain a healthy relationship, that's for sure. I hope he gave you a big hug when you were done talking. :h

Just the usual Tuesday stuff here today. Leads group, errands, Curves, back to the office. I need to find out how my Dad is REALLY doing as apparently he has some problems that he has not told me about. That's just how he is keeping that sort of thing to himself. But of course now I'm worried. I haven't spent much time with him since the holidays and it's time to get back to it.

Have a great sober day everyone!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Morning abbers
            Just a quick check before work...No news which I guess can be a good thing...Sausage thanks for starting us off, Janice, Johnny, Mary and DG good to hear from you...sounds like everyone is doing well except in the weather department!!!.....We too are expecting another round of snow here in the Northeast..
            Hoping everyone has a great day...
            sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Good Morning everyone,
              Had a bit of a tuff weekend. Stopped at the store to get some last minute super bowl snacks and ended up walking out with a bottle of wine. It was crazy....picture this: me in the alcohol section having an internal battle of "should I get it? No I shouldn't, but I want to...ect ect." I was almost in tears. Well I bought a pretty bottle of yellow tail....got home..more internal battling...and right down the sink it went. I just couldn't do it. Phew! I woke up yesterday SOOOO happy I stuck to my guns. I grabbed the computer and headed right to MWO..seeing all of you doing so well was the clincher. NO DRINKING for me. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Wow stargirl, that is absolutely amazine. Very well done for you. I know these internal battles just too well and have lost them most of the time. Buy to beat the beast even though you'd already bought the bottle.... well done!!!!
                AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

SGirl: I can't believe it! I KNOW I couldn't have done that. I've thrown dregs of bottles down the drain after guests have left but never a whole bottle I purposely bought. I think that will be a lasting lesson for you. I know it would be for me. Mary
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Morning Abber's,

Wow! Stargirl-good for you. The last day I drank, I made sure I didn't leave any behind so none would be wasted. lol. I just realized how lucky i am they only sell wine and beer in the grocery stores here. I would actually have to make a special trip to the liquor store to get vodka. So at sort of safe going to the grocery store.

Sausage,Johnyh,retteach,doggie,charllee-in fine fiddle today. I get all different kinds of weather where I live. The standard joke is 'if you don't like the weather stick around 5 mins. it will change!"

Janice-17 days AF here too. I'm feeling pretty optimistic right now.

Well, I'm trying to add some execise to my day so guess I'd better get off here and get on the dreaded treadmill.
                    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Kudos go to star today!!:goodjob:

I read a really interesting article last night about all of the things that are bad for us/good for us and how bullshitted we have been by the media, etc since 1950. It's hard to know what to believe! Anyway, I guess it's time for me to work on my next addiction: Sugar. AND not only sugar--but sugar substitutes! I love my diet pop because it really helps to keep me off the beer, but I guess it is a poison as well. AND then I will cut down on caffeine as well.
                      Shit. I don't think anyone will want to be around me I'll be so damn pure. Well, except for the cussing, which I should quit too.

I have bookmarked some of the sites DG and others have posted with SF recipes. Part of the problem in my area is availability and cost. I also believe some of the organic products are just another way to get more of our money. At least I can grow my own veggies and meat.

Sorry to get off the subject! Honestly this scares me almost as much as quitting smoking and drinking did!

Lilmea--you have got to live in the same state as me--that is what we always say about our weather and it's pretty much true.

Ok, I'm outa here. Have a great day all! :h
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Morning!

Way to go stargirl! I am sure you feel ooodles of happiness for being so strong!

It is amazing when I think back how many bottles of alcohol I have dumped and ciggies I have thrown away because I was fed up at the time. I, did, however end up running out for more of the same. I am glad those days are done! What a waste of time and money.

I woke up late again today. I was in the middle of a nice dream and the alarm went off. Damn! So I hit snooze for an hour. I had a hard time getting to sleep last night. I think I am getting a bit of bronchitis...... damn smoking! It is seriously time to give those up. I have tried twice in the last year - but I didn't try hard enough.

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the snow in Britain. We get worse over here in the colonies, but we are used to it.

Nicely done Stargirl.

Lilmea, that's our saying about the weather.

Hi Mary. Glad to see we are still partners.

We were up a bit in the night with the new puppy. He's still getting used to his new home. I would post a picture for Doggygirl, but I do not know how. He sure is cute.

Have a good day everyone. :goodjob:

Mo.

Comment

Morning,
                            Good for you Stargirl !
                            DG - I hope you dad is OK !
                            I'm just getting ready for a day full of errands, hang over free, Yeah ! I hope everyone has a good day!
                            Mo - Enjoy that puppy!

kit
                            AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
                            Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Mo, I'm so enjoying having you as a partner. I'd love to know a little more about you (if you want to share). If you PM me, I'll PM you. Also, I'd love to see photos of your puppy. I love dogs. What breed is he? We adopted a dog from a shelter 2 years ago. He's been absolutely wonderful, though something happened to him in his previous 2 homes that has made him kind of scared of many things. We're working on building up his confidence. Mary
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X