Hangover without the hangover???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey! That's just not right! I had hangover symptoms and wasn't even hung over! Apparently my body didn't get the news yet. Sunday I was nauseous after lunch. Monday I was unbelievably irritable. Today inflated feelings of guilt; and haven't had a drink in days. I was trying to STOP living like the Wicked Witch of the West.

I know...I know. It will all pass. I'll be fine. Just thought it was funny (well, my family didn't think it was too funny)

Just one more reason to quit going through this, huh?

:notes:I'll get by with a little help from my friends :notes: yeah, I'll get...
    well, now that's not working either

H'mmmm...Still Fighting On!
    "If it is to be, it is up to me" -R Stayer
    "You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -Christopher Robin

LOL, stay in the fight, Still Fighting. Thanks for the post.

Be
    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

SF, I felt vaguely "hung over" for a few days, maybe even a week, sometime during my first few weeks AF, this time around... It went away... But that, and certainly the emotional swings you are describing, will definitely happen while your body/mind/brain are adjusting to the lack of alcohol...

Hang in there!

Comment

The phantom hangover. I have suffered many, especially on Saturday mornings, when the household seems extra stressed. When I first started to go AL I would have days when I woke up thinking that I was hungover, it lasted about a minute until my brain fully kicked in.

Comment

are you withdrawing a bit?

pregnant?

Comment

Sounds pretty much like me. It's in all likelyhood withdrawel symptoms and should go within the week!! Thereafter you will probably start feeling a lot better and healthier!! Good luck with it!! You are doing great!
            AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

The better days will start to outnumber the bad ones, give your body a chance to heal.
              DLW
              Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
              And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                Today is a Mystery
                Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Same here! I feel hungover without drinking (not counting last night). What's up with that?

Comment

I agree with the others -- takes a while for the body to feel better after stopping AL. I also find the pace of the "mental recovery" interesting. It is an ongoing process. We take time to develop coping skills that never matured while we were drinking. Even in dealing with our own emotions. Step by step we learn to do the "right" thing when stressed -- instead of dousing ourselves with booze. Happy journey -- it is worth the effort -- but not always easy.
                  Matt

Comment

Working...
                  X