Same lyrics...different music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just finished reading thru the my story's of today...and I am so compelled to toss mine into the pot.

I am sitting here with two slashed wrists from last Sunday's binge and flight into destitution again. I have NEVER been unable to handle my life, as I now am. I went on a huge binge and ended up in the hospital, suicide attempt, and subsequently lost my job. My "friend" co-worker felt it necessary to blab all over town what had happened, so unlikely I will ever work here again, as this is such a small town. I am a paralegal, and had a great paying job that I will NEVER be able to replace. Although, I have to admit, the stress of that place was awful, and it has been a relief knowing I won't be going back there.

However, now I am faced with a whole new set of worries, no job, no insurance, no money.....when will it end. This past year my dad died, both my daughters moved away (in very good circumstances...one married...one college) and I miss them more than I EVER thought. I had to give up my house and moved down the road from my mom since she needed me after my dad died. It has been so hard and ....well...just bleak. On top of that, I have been stalked by this freak ex boyfriend for over a year and am very afraid of him. Of course, I went the restraining order and all that, but as we all know, it's only as good as the paper it's written on...now I live way out in the country and am very nervous all the time.

I have watched this site for some time, and only wish had as much hope and good will as the rest of you do. I did read the book, and am waiting to get some sort of state medical so I can get some medication, which I am sure I need. When I do, I am going to BEG to get the topa and am praying that it will help quit or moderate this freakish life I have now invented for myself. I know I sound sooo pathetic, but thanks for offering me this opportunity to spill it all. It is somewhat validating to know...I am not the only one with huge issues, huge drinking problems, and not a lot of lite at the end of the tunnel.

Please hang in there!

Elfie:

I have read many stories but yours touched me. Three and a half years ago I lost my husband to liver failure. He was a raging alcoholic who wouldn't (couldn't?) quit - he finally had to go to a hospice house when I couldn't take care of him anymore at home - he would only go if he could take his beloved vodka with him. He died within the week - he was only 54. Ten months later my wonderful mother died after two long years of a chronic illness. I had worked for an a**hole of a boss for five years after my former company merged with his - went from two fabulous bosses to this one giant JERK! Got sloshed one night about 6 weeks after my hubby died called up the jerky boss, we got into it, I resigned and he very gratefully accepted. (I will write more of this pathetic story later in "My
    Story"). The point I wanted to make is this - that was a VERY good job. I was making more money than I thought I would ever make. I wandered around for about a year...lost - then pulled myself together called my old boss looking for some simple thing I could do to make some income. As it happens, he had moved on to a competitor's company and they had an opening in that company doing the same thing I did in my previous company! It's less money but I'm working for my old boss and I've never been happier! And -- a few years ago I met a great guy on match.com. He was a widower and a retired Lutheran pastor (also a recovering alcoholic of over 15 years) and we were married last September. I am 56 soon to be 57 so life does go on! I am using supplements, CDs and Topa I feel good and life is good Yours will also be good again if you give it time and try this program. Please send me an e-mail if I can help or if you need a Buddie. We're all here to support you! :l :l

Trish
    trishinomaha@gmail.com
    Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
    Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
    : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
    "

Comment

Working...
    X