am still drinking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am still drinking...

I am separated from my husband of 22 yrs my alcoholic mum fell off the wagon onto me??!!! I have a fatally addictive personality. I just wanted to be a good mum and I'm blowing it and I hate myself!!! I want to stop but just dont know how, I have an eating disorder which feeds my drink problem and makes it harder to get through the day without alcohol sorry to be a selfish whinger!!! :thanks:

am still drinking...

you're not a whinger. I am trying to stop but i am nowhere where i want to be, trying to moderate but it is'nt working, still on 2 bottles a night, but i will get there.
    life is simple its just not easy

Comment

am still drinking...

hang in there Claudia.You are not a selfish whinger, even though I don't know what a whinger is
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

am still drinking...

Hey, Claudia, there are a lot of things you can do to begin turning things around. Determination is a key to success, and so is making a good plan. I hope you will read the MWO book and the "tool box" thread, and begin to make some changes. The feelings of hopelessness will begin to fade, as you get some distance from the drinking... You say that it is "hard" to get through the day without alcohol, and I believe you... but I know that it is NOT impossible!

Comment

am still drinking...

i know its hard but just know you can do this.. give it your best.. put the drink down and throw the rest out .. just coming here and posting mean something .. so take more baby step and do what you know in the back of your mind ..is right for you... stay strong and think positive
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

am still drinking...

Hi Claudia, I'm sorry your in so much pain. :upset: There are people here who have been where you are and back again, they are here for you. I am a little messed up myself but I am here for you too your alive, your here, well done.

xx Summer09

Comment

am still drinking...

Hey Claudia, you've come to the right place. You will get a lot of good advice here. Just read through teh threads, read the book... There are a lot of different suppliments that might help you with your recovery as well. Believe me there is light at the end of the tunnel. To quit drinking might not be the solution to all of your problems but it will help you to effectively deal with them.
              personally I feel like I am a diffrent person now that I have been sober for a while. It was not easy but it was absolutely worth it. So hang in there. Find a way for you to beat this thing and let's do it together. Hugs, Johnny
              AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

am still drinking...

Claudia, you can do this my friend. Read the book, make a plan and like WIP says be determined to succeed. When I first gave up drinking, I made the decision to stop (not easy) and then dealt with the feelings as they came (again not easy) but over time it did get easier...You are not selfish, dont think that...its hard, but its do-able. Use all the resources that you can muster.
                Take care
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

am still drinking...

Hi Claudia
                  I can only echo what the others have said: read the book, make a plan, and stay close by. We are here for you.
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

am still drinking...

Seacailin;538518 wrote: Hi Claudia
                    I can only echo what the others have said: read the book, make a plan, and stay close by. We are here for you.
                    DITTO!!
                    RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

am still drinking...

Hey Claudia u are not a whinger just saying it like it is, u will get all the help u need here. Follow the advice that everyone has given and in time u too will see changes.:l

Alcohol Free since Jan 1st 09

Comment

am still drinking...

Dear Claudia -- alcohol is our enemy and it is powerful. But there is hope. Many of us continue to struggle with it, piecing together sober days one by one. The people on this site are wonderful and want to help. Come post every day no matter what is your situation and we will support you. It can help a lot. God bless.
                        Matt

Comment

am still drinking...

Welcome Claudia,
                          You've already been given great advice -- just wanted to say HI and I'm looking forward to more posts from you.
                          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

am still drinking...

Hey Claudia,

If winging helps, then winge away. I have lived with an eating dissorder for most of my life. Many of us here, live with cross addictions.
                            Booze always made it worse. Eating dissorders are all about control. Alcohol takes that control away from me. It's early on for me, being AF, but already I feel a little more like the 'decision maker', than the other way around.
                            Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Comment

am still drinking...

Claudia, we are related, i know we are! If i drank like i did before, i would go back to a rehab facility! YES, i do drink some, not daily. God Lord, i could never do that. ... when your totally fed up and cannot do it alone you go on vacation!

you get evaluated. *
                              you get A room.*
                              You get A Buddy.*
                              You Instructions.*
                              You get A Schedule.*
                              You get Medication.*
                              You attend Classes.*
                              You stay.*
                              You CRY.*
                              You Bitch.*
                              You Moan.*
                              You learn how to become SOBER.*