A Piece of Cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Piece of Cake

This is a memoir about the life of a gal named "Cupcake Brown". The story begins when she lost her mother and enterered into the Foster System. Afterthat was a life of alcohol, drugs, crime, etc. She finally got her act together, found her Higher Power and begin a 12-step program of Recovery. She's now sober and practices Law in San Francisco. Great read....could not put the book down!

A Piece of Cake

I bought this book on the recommendation of your post - I can't put it down either - what a life that woman had.

Comment

A Piece of Cake

Cup cake Brown

Fantastic brilliant, what a struggle. cant help thinkin how lucky she was tho to have such support. My bosses would just put me on disciplinary. fab book never the less
      Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

A Piece of Cake

Just got the book today, and thought i go through to see if anyone here as read it,,,,, cant wait to read it......I have been reading her website she is one amazing woman !

catch22 x
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

A Piece of Cake

Thanks for recommending this, Cosmo, this is one of the most amazing stories I've read in a while. That and Sarah's Key have been the best books I've read this year.

Comment

A Piece of Cake

I just ordered it, too. It is now on my Kindle. I love stories of triumph.

Thanks!!
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

A Piece of Cake

I just finished this book...I could NOT put it down for the last 3 days. I LOVED IT! I've read a lot of memoirs, but this is by far my favorite. I felt like I learned a lot from her recovery that will help me in mine. I have so much respect for this woman!!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

A Piece of Cake

K9,

I am in the midst of reading this book on my Kindle. Hard to put down, I agree.

I read a review on Amazon where someone complained it was hard to get past the horrible things Cupcake did and I can't believe someone would say that. The life she led as a small girl in the Foster Care system would make anyone have issues, be it alcohol/drugs or mental issues such as PTSD, etc.

I look forward to finishing it and posting here about it.

Cindi

ps I forgot I had downloaded it with some other books and ran across it on my Kindle when I was archiving already read books. Glad I didn't archive it by accident without reading it!!
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

A Piece of Cake

These recommendations are costing me a fortune. Having an e-reader is great but all to easy to download and download as the Visa charges rack up!

Thanks for all the suggestions though. I just downloaded the Cupcake book and plan to read it cover to cover today.

Keep them coming!

Comment

A Piece of Cake

I just finished this book. I loved it. A very honest, exceptional account of her life and her climb out of the hole of addiction.

This book made me rethink some things and has given me inspiration.

I would actually like to meet this author. I can't say that about many.

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

A Piece of Cake

Cinders,

I felt the same way and found her on youtube and also an interview with her on the Barnes & Noble site.
                      If she can do it, anyone can!

Comment

A Piece of Cake

Cinders;1240330 wrote: I just finished this book. I loved it. A very honest, exceptional account of her life and her climb out of the hole of addiction.

This book made me rethink some things and has given me inspiration.

I would actually like to meet this author. I can't say that about many.

Cindi
                        Got to say Cinders she would be one person i would love to meet as well.
                        Also K9 her recovery has help me 2. x
                        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

A Piece of Cake

I agree completely Cinders and Catch...when I finished this book I thought "I would love to meet this woman"....and I've never thought that about any author. I wonder if she ever speaks anywhere? Guess I'll check out her website. She'd never come to my little 2 horse town though. LOL
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

A Piece of Cake

I read this almost a year ago, I think, and it was great! Gave it to somebody in my AA group. She is on FB and posts off and on. She is writing another book.
                            "One day at a time."

Comment

Working...
                            X