Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - February 5, 2009

Marking and running!

Guess I will have to find a spring version soon. I have a picture somewhere of my "mommy's boy" beagle "marking" one of my own flower beds. I should dig that up as a reminder of why I don't go hog wild planting a lot of flowers!

Deter, you made a good point yesterday about ads for AL being a lot like political ads. I can sure relate to that! Especially being from Illinois and all. :soapbox:

Gyco if you pop in today, is that your picture in your new avatar? If so it's very nice to *meet* you!

WIP - welcome home! I bet you are exhausted. Hopefully you are still excited! So tell us more about the FL house project. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to move to Hawaii with Hula, or move to Florida with you. But my bags are packed either way. :lol:

MARSHY - I hope you survived the ParentParty(tm) last night. I've got to find that Cherryade - it sounds so good. Check in soon OK?

Mary - I love your post about AL and the stages of grief. So very true! Been through all of those more than once. You are right that we can move back and forth between the stages too.

LVT - good idea to remember the hangover when you see people drinking! Always the hangover. Why is it so easy to remember a buzz with more fondness than is appropriate (it wasn't THAT good and whatever might have felt good didn't last THAT long...) and we tend to forget just how craptacular those hangovers really are? LOL Mr. Doggy has one beer and feels it the next day. I love being hangover free! Now there is a good topic - the wonderful feeling of being hangover free after years and years of daily hangovers!

AFM and skootie good for you and your volunteer rescue shelter work. Hope you both had good days!

Janice - LOL you are backwards of me! I walk less when it snows and more when it doesn't! But hey - whatever works to get in that abbercise!

Well, have a good day all. My blood calcium turned up a little high on a test a few weeks ago, and I'm getting a new blood test done on that this morning. Won't know the results until next week sometime, but please send me a good vibe that the previous test was a fluke, and it's really normal. OK, it COULD happen that way, right???

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

now this has got to be the shortest post i have ever seen you post dg .. wow lmao love ya have an awesome day marking and running from what may i ask..
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

tlrgs;538499 wrote: now this has got to be the shortest post i have ever seen you post dg .. wow lmao love ya have an awesome day marking and running from what may i ask..
      hee hee. Running from two threads getting started for the same day because I'm so long winded! :H Good to see you T!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi DG

Was just about to "mark and run" myself but you beat me to it!

Hi everyone - no time to post yesterday but did do a quick read of the thread this am. Weather here milder and dull and wet - school back open. Lots of housework to do today - have a friend coming up for the weekend who will drink when she's here as it's normal for us to offer her wine pre meal and with meal etc (interestingly her brother and father in law are both alcoholics although f.i.l. hasn't had a drink for over 20 yrs) but she seems to drink within normal levels - as far as I can see!?! Weekend may be tricky as unlike Mary i'm not used to entertaining in my own home and not drinking myself - anyway we'll see how I get on.

Will check back later

sausage xx

Comment

Hang in there this weekend Sausage, it's all worth it. NOT a chance I will slip, I have a lot on my plate this weekend, I need a clear head and bod. I think tomorrow is 90 days.
          DG, is high calcium and heart prob indicator? However, I hope it is normal now.

Have a great day, I'm outa here !
          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Morning all!

I'm checking in bright-eyed and bushy-tailed today having survived the big booze-up at my parents last night. Along with the cherryade I had some fizzy elderflower cordial and fizzy red grape juice with the meal. Didn't sleep too well with all that sugar sloshing about inside me, but a good result! I was tempted a few times but today it's soooo worth not having drunk last night and not wanting to carry on this morning - there are lots of unfinished bottles hanging about that I could easily have polished off before without really looking as though I was drinking by not having to open a new bottle.

I'm heading back to London this afternoon but it looks as though I've brought the snow with me and there are train delays getting back down south. A fun trip in store!

Have a great day everyone!
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

yes dog 1 , it is ,now most no the face ,behind the words ,im just another one struggling thnx gyco

Comment

Marshy! Way to go! You did it and you are getting away, clean! I always felt such a huge sense of relief when I left my mother's house without drinking... it ISN'T EASY.

DG, I do hope that calcium result is not anything serious, and can be easily addressed... And thanks, actually I am not feeling as excited about this project right now, probably because I am feeling so stretched by going back and forth, trying to keep so many balls in the air at once, and because it is costing SO MUCH MONEY. Jeez. I know that lots of people have cabins, and second homes, but I have never been one of them, and have never even really thought about it before, but good heavens, it is expensive. Of course my plans ultimately are to sell my house here in KC, and also Mother's house in KC. But Mother's house was also dilapidated and I am spending buckets making it livable and attractive... I don't know if it would have been smarter to just immediately try to unload it, and take whatever I could get for it, or not. Too late to second-guess myself.

Right now, my next-door neighbors here in KC are replacing the windows in their house, and it has been a huge lesson to me. The guys took ALL DAY to remove and replace one of the (large, multi-pane) kitchen windows, and it is just a wood frame house. Yesterday, they seemed to be taking all day working on a window in the living room. The house in Florida is not wood frame; it is cinder block, and the edges of all the window frames are set in CONCRETE. Just imagine what replacing them would be like... So I have crossed that upgrade idea off my list totally. It just isn't going to happen. I will do whatever I can with caulk and replacement panes, but there is no way I can replace those windows...

Overall, I am feeling kinda stressed and stretched, with a mountain of bills I just now got organized, next will sit down and pay them. Will visit Mother today, too. I suspect that with both those tasks finished, I'll be feeling much better, this afternoon.

Hi Gyco, Sausage, T, OMW... How's the poison ivy? 90 days coming up! Wonderful!

Comment

Hi Everyone: I'm doing well. Sausage, I've entertained in my home the last few times (maybe 6 or 7) wo/drinking. It's more difficult than being out, because the wine is available right in the kitchen where I'm cooking. I find that the first few minutes are the hardest. After that, I just concentrate on the food & guests. When everyone leaves, I usually give the bottles away or throw what's left down the sink. Having open bottles here isn't good for my program.

As far as feeling like I'm missing out: I keep asking myself what I'm missing out on.
                  -yes, that first initial buzzy warm feeling.
                  -after that: fatigue, slight headache, muddled thinking, etc.

We're an active couple w/friends & family who drink. I have to find a way to be at fun events wo/drinking. So far, so good. It's different...especially when everyone else is drinking & showing the effects thereof. I know I'll get used to it.

I'll check back later. Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Wow, I had wierd dreams last night. Not actually drinking, but the aftermath part. Bought stuff I didn't remember buying, couldn't find things or remember things and it was just like blackout but I didn't think I had been drinking but couldn't remember if I had or not and was scared to ask. Glad to wake up from that stuff! Phew!
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Morning everyone
                      Doing well here......

Marshy, you must feel so proud of yourself (and you should) for getting through yesterday..Way to go!

WIP, I am getting exhausted just reading your posts.....Once you get yourself all organized and under control some "me" time sounds warranted....Please find some time for you!!

Greenie, I still (once in a while) get nightmares..definately not dreams..I don't remember the drinking part, but I wonder when my eyes open and I throw my legs over the side of the bed if I am waking up sober or hungover...great relief when I realize I'm sober...

Well off to work.....everyone have a great Thursday
                      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Morning!

I was up at 4:30am this morning. I have a lot to do today. Why get up so early? I love my mornings and need that peace and quiet before the little one gets up LOL.

I haven't had a chance to read today's thread. I will get back to it later on.

I had a fun day yesterday at the animal shelter. I wanted to take all of them home with me. It is so hard and sad to see these beautiful creatures in cages. Breaks my heart!

Please, have your pets spayed or neutered!

Comment

Hi everyone!!

Green, I have similar weired dreams all the time. I dream almost on a nightly basis that I slip, that I drink besides the fact that I take Antabuse, and the drugs aren't working. I dream the same dream almost on a nightly basis though. Makes me wake up shaken almost every morning but thankfull that I am still AF. keeps me aware
                          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Hello friends!

Quick check in for me today. Great job Marshy--every time we "pass" one of these tests we get stronger and it gets easier--remember that sausage as you have another test coming up it sounds like.

AFM--you sound like Bob Barker!!! But I totally agree! The hardest part of my job (vet tech) was taking care of the strays (if you know what I mean). I don't work at the clinic anymore, but at Christmastime a client found 11 puppies by the side of the road!! They managed to find homes for all of them!! At least people are more compassionate that way--but the irresponsible ones should be punished!!! (maybe spay or neuter them!! :H:H)

Ok, off the soapbox and off to work!!:h
                            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Aloha! Just wanted to get in on the morning "party" but it is so far along that I don't have time. Will come back this eve. Thursdays are one of my extrememly complicted days with two hours of tutoring after school and two hours of teaching adult school in the evening. And, oh yes, I still pull something together for dinner (early!) for Mr. Hulagirl and myself. I've got to get him into the cooking thing. (He's good a cleaning up though on my "away" nights.) Any tips Det?!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X