Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feel like crying

hi everyone,

i'm so sorry for being a moaner but i dont know what else to do.. i'm reading everyones positive threads and i cant help but not feel positive, i feel so sad. ive been drunk the last two nights, its all gone wrong, i hate the way i look, i hate the way i feel, i just want to cry. nobody knows how bad i feel so i just need to let it out here a bit. i'm going out in a while to see a friend, i should be lloking forward to it, i'm going out for dinner with my boyfriend tonight, i should be looking forward to that too, but i'm not. i just want to stay in bed with the curtains closed, i dont want to leave my house.. i think i'm just having a bad day. i will make myself leave the house and hopefully will feel better.
    god i am so grateful for the opportunity to be able to let it out here. otherwise i think i'd crack up. thankyou xx

feel like crying

Hey Shelley, drinking will make you feel depressed, its a depressant in itself and when you over do it, well, it had horrible consequences...Once you have some af time under your belt you will begin to feel more positve...honestly you will! Take care
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

feel like crying

Shelly. Do you know that alcohol itself makes you feel depressed? Sure when you drink you get a buzz. But after it wears off, you are depriving your body of serotonin, gaba, dopamine and other key components required by your brain for good mood and calmness. This imbalance makes you depressed, sad, anxious and fearful. It's particularly strong for daily drinkers, because key portions of the mood-brain have become dependent on an artificial buzz, and the withdrawal period grows in length and strength compared to the buzz period.

So don't worry too much about it. Being depressed is as much a part of drinking as getting a buzz. And if/when you stop, you'll be depressed without the buzz, which is even worse, for a little bit.

Something to think about as you make your plans.

And you are wrong. I know a lot about how you feel. I've spent quite a few days hiding in my bed, which I often call my prison now. It took me a long time to find the key to let myself out of prison.

Comment

feel like crying

Shelley, i know that feeling "i just want to stay in bed with the curtains closed, i dont want to leave my house". When i am hangover i just want to stay in my room, i don't want anyone to see me.
        I want to be invincible. I just want to disappear completely. Thats the hangover from hell.
        Nothing is important except hiding.Well.. if i were you i would cancel all the appointments and just rest, but thats just me.
        We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

feel like crying

Yes, Shelley, it feels HORRIBLE when you're drinking every day... feeling out of control, feeling hopeless. I've certainly been there. Like StartingOver said: you WILL feel better, but in order to get there, you are going to have to stop the drinking. You can do that... that is what this place is all about, helping people to end the misery of alcohol. Do you have some ideas about how to set up a good plan to move forward into a better life?

Comment

feel like crying

thankyou for the responses, when i say nobody knows how i feel i mean in my life not on here, i know many on here have been to hell and back and know exactly how i feel as they have been there. I'm going to have to make some plans, starting with seeing my doctor i think, join a slimming club and give alcohol the boot somehow, one day at a time with long term goal.. get healthy and happy. i know i can do it i just need to start making more effort instead of wasting away in my bed, wasting my life just cos of alcohol, so many lost days i could have done things, gone places and enjoyed myself. i want a life not a prison anymore,

Comment

feel like crying

I feel for you shelley.
              Some days are worse than others. There are times when I just don't want to do a thing. I just want left alone. I don't want anyone to see me. With me though, it's the drinking voice making me feel that all I want to do is be my own with a bottle of whatever and carry on the cycle as if it's all that there is. It can be hard to get up and give myself a shake, but I usually do. I have to. Nobody else is going to get the things done that we all need to do, and once I'm up and moving, things get better.
              I'm sure that once you get out and meet your friend, it'll take you out of the malaise that some of us find ourselves in from time to time, and you can look foreward to a nice night with your boyfriend.

Comment

feel like crying

Hi Shelley.

I would quite often have days like you're describing, especially not wanting to go out of the house. I have to say though that since I came to MWO and have drastically reduced my AL consumption I feel so much better. I'm calmer, more accepting of my life as it is at the minute, and am getting out of the house a lot more. Do as you say, get out of the house, meet your friend and BF, and make a plan to move forward. Keep reading and keep posting. Take Care, B.
                Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

feel like crying

Shelley you have to talk to people and let others know your problem with the drinking. Talk theraphy is so helpful with some medication to curb the anxiety. Cry, its the best thing to do. I cried a-lot. Crying allows all emotions to flow out. Get into some form of routine: meetings, counselor, stay with someone who is sober, there is a way. Its a big deal at first, then everything falls into place. A happier place for you.

Take Care .. Ripple.

Comment

feel like crying

wow thanks guys/girls - you lot are fab, i'm now leaving the house, woo hoo!! its amazing how much better just getting dressed makes you feel. small steps...

Comment

feel like crying

Shelley .. do one cart-wheel a day also.. !!! its good for the entire body, in and out.. :H

Comment

feel like crying

Shelley
                        U are not alone and u have choices. Yes I know all about wanting to make the world go away and leave u alone but u know with effort from u and support from here u can turn ur life around. Hope u have a grat nite with boyfriend

Comment

Working...
                        X