I'm proud of myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm proud of myself

This time last week I was so drunk and basically found this site on the Saturday morning, and my journey began.

I went out for dinner with friends tonight and was able to offer them all a lift home. I had a really nice night and realised for the first time that I was actually able to enjoy myself and be myself without AL.

I would like to thank everyone for their support during the last week. It has been comforting to know that I have had you all on my side.

I'm going to win this battle.

Thanks everyone, and have a great weekend! :thanks:
    "You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." Mary Pickford:h

I'm proud of myself

Congratz on the fist week in your pocket!!! Keep fighting!!
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

I'm proud of myself

Way to go Blinder:goodjob:. Days just keep getting better. We can do this!!!!
      RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

I'm proud of myself

Great going Blinder!!
        I remember the first time I offered to drive the kids home after movies, what an awesome feeling!! I never did that before as I was always flat out pickled.
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I'm proud of myself

DeeBee;539676 wrote: Great going Blinder!!
          I remember the first time I offered to drive the kids home after movies, what an awesome feeling!! I never did that before as I was always flat out pickled.
          LOL Pickled!!!!!:giggle:
          RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

I'm proud of myself

Great job!!!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I'm proud of myself

Good for you. You should be proud. It is a great feeling, isn't it?
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I'm proud of myself

It must give you great feeling of accomplishment. You are winning the war one battle at a time!
                Last night out of control February 3, 2009. I'm not doing it again, I'm doing this for my daughter.

Comment

I'm proud of myself

nice!!!

Comment

I'm proud of myself

Good job blinder. Keep it up.
                    vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

I'm proud of myself

Great job, Blinder! Feels great, doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                      X