I'm so embarrassing when I drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep thinking about how embarrassing I am when I drink. I?m just hoping that my friends were drunk also at the time I ran my month off, or they just don?t remember what I have said. It is so shameful. Or I wonder if they just say ?That is Jamie, never knows her limit?

Fridays are not a trigger for me. I stay at home with my daughter so everyday is a challenge. My problem is 5pm. When 5pm hits I have the biggest craving for a rum and coke. Probably because my pervious night?s hangover is gone by 5 for me. So it must be time to start over, and the stress of the day builds until then.

I don?t want to live a life that is out of control anymore. The past 10 years have just been a big lie and coverup.
    Last night out of control February 3, 2009. I'm not doing it again, I'm doing this for my daughter.

my trigger time was 2-3 pm...i have to keep busy around then either walking dogs, planning dinner, riding bike, yoga, art, study anything but cave in! i also take kudzu (although i'm needing it less now days) around that time to help smooth out the rough patches.

you can do this, you will feel so much better!!!

Comment

Hi Jamie do you have some tools to help you get through your trigger hours? Do you need some help getting a plan together?
      vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Hi Cyclefan,

I do have a few things I do during 5pm to 7pm eachday....my witching hours. I find that if I can get past 7pm I'm in the clear, how odd is that....a 2 hour window can break me.

I just ordered the MWO book and I'm hoping it will give me help in the long run of this fight.

Thank you for your support....

Jamie
        Last night out of control February 3, 2009. I'm not doing it again, I'm doing this for my daughter.

Comment

i'm holding tight too

jamieaz...I know what its like to wake up and remember the ass that was out on the town the night before and the realize that ass was me. yuck. As for my trigger time..for me its also around 5pm. hubby gets home. dinner gets going. time to relax.
          Right now, i am thinking of all the things that i regret that never get done because i'm usually all done by the time dinner is over. my goal for today is to grasp things i love to do and also what i want to get done and have them ready for that bewitching hour. life could be so rewarding....image that?
          a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Jamie,

:welcome: Try the Kudzu from this site. Get the l-glute in bulk and have a teaspoon with whatever beverage you like. I use chocolate milk. It kills the craving.

Comment

Within- I feel the say way. I start dinner, and by the end I'm non fuctional. Then I wake up the next day with a hazy memory of the night before. So sad because there is so much more to life.

FloridaBoy - I just might try the Kudzu and I-glute. So I guess it really helps with cravings?

Comment

I guess If we didnt know there was more to life, we wouldnt be here. so that's a good thing!
                I think right now I will go walk the dog. The fresh air might do me good. :l
                a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Jamie,

They work for me. Give the Kudzu a few days. A heaping teaspoon of l-glute has an immediate effect. You can find bulk l-glute at Walmart, heath stores, or here Buy Discount Vitamins, Supplements, Low Carb and More at www.Vitacost.com

Get the Kudzu from this site because it is properly formulated for us drunks. The bulk l-glute is fine.

Comment

Hi Guys

Don't forget we have a great Toolbox thread on this site. It is in the Goals section in the Monthly Abstainers Section. It's a "sticky" so it is always the first thread in that section. There are some really good suggestions in the Toolbox to help you with your triggers. Best wishes.
                    vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

seriously?

I have been on Kudzu for almost 2 weeks and still craving. WTF? I want it bad....

Comment

Are you taking it on a regular basis? RJ once told me it is best to keep consistent serum levels in your blood and a bit extra before your witching time.
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Cyclefan,

I found the Toolbox thread. It is great, I will make sure to keep reading a little more of it each day.

Jamie

Comment

normal

just want to be normal...

Comment

Jamie,
                              in the toolbox on pg 1 is a post on craving. It's called Urge Surfing. and on the very last page is also another detailed post on cravings. Both post are full of great info on dealing with cravings
                              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Working...
                              X