Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any Moderators do Topa? Need your advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey there,
    I realized that reading about drinking (or not drinking) wasn't healthy for me, so I took a break from MWO and just kept on my program and am doing surprisingly good. Yay me!

I am still taking Topamax and Wellbutrin, not drinking much at all these days (went from a bottle of wine single night to drinking maybe once every two weeks!), I have lost a ton of weight (went from a sz 8 to a sz 4 in the last 6 months) and other then battling some hard days here and there due to some other issues in my life, overall would say am having pretty good success battling the bottle. I am achieving my goal of moderation, and even I never thought it would be possible. I admit I gave up on the vitamins though. That was just too much to manage for me...

Here's my dilemma...My big fear right now is that I am almost out of Topamax. I have only six days left and don't think I am going to get my next order for another 12 days. I don't know if this is a psychological crutch for me, but I really do feel that this has been a KEY part of my success and I am so scared to go off it, and then have to start over and go back on it. It was so hard in the beginning getting on that stuff...

Do any of you all do Topa? I don't know what to do...I am feeling waves of panic people. What should I do???

Hey Sassy:

I'm a moderator who does Topa. I too stopped the vitamins after a few months.

After six months I stopped Topa for a month, and found that I didn't like how fast I was drinking drinks again, and how hard it was to keep to moderation. I didn't go back to drinking a bottle of wine a night or anything, I could just see that it was going to REALLY hard to keep up the success I'd had. So I titrated back up to my 100mg / day dose.

So I'm a topo fan. There are other modders who do fine without it.

I wouldn't panic as I think the habit of drinking moderately is more than half the battle, but I do think the topa helps in the battle too. So hang in there. Feel free to PM me.

PS: I would titrate off and titrate back up again. Second time around I did not get the side effects when I started back on.

Ask

Comment

I am on 250 mg. I wonder if I should just cut back my dose and try to stretch it...maybe I could psych myself out a little more. Go down to 175 or something? Hmmm....

Comment

Hi Sassy

I posted up in the General Section. Good luck!
        vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

I don't ...

Sassy,
          I don't use Topa but didn't want you to think I was ignoring your thread, so I'm answering.
          I don't know who does what, as far as the Modders go, although the subject comes up now and then.
          It sounds like Ask is a good resource.
          ~Kid~
          Ask
          It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Running out of Topa

SassyGirl;540071 wrote: I am on 250 mg. I wonder if I should just cut back my dose and try to stretch it...maybe I could psych myself out a little more. Go down to 175 or something? Hmmm....
            Sassy: If you do think you're going to run out I would advise cutting back so that you don't stop cold turkey. You're advised to titrate up to start and titrate down to stop, so cutting back before you run out is definitely a good idea.

You might want to post on the Topa thread to get more responses
            Ask

Comment

Hi Sassy,

I was on Topa when I first joined. It worked the bomb for me!! The funny thing is that I too ran out (due to lack of funds) and didn't get another script filled -- I then went on to do 60 days AF without the Topa and I have been modding sucessfully since.
              I am a big believer in the supps, so I do still take those.

I think Ask's advice is spot on -- I too would start cutting back.
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I think string it out like you were thinking. I take topa too.
                Gabby :flower:

Comment

just curious how do you take the 250 during the day?
                  Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
                  X