Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August Mods - who's with me?

Hi all,

Here we are in August already - where does the time go?!

I am choosing mods again for August. I think we should all consider and write our plans down, it helps keep the focus on sobriety and health.

My plan consists of :

1) 0-2 drinks when I am drinking - AF days when I want them probably 2 times a week
    2) physical therapy appointments as scheduled (usually 2 a week)
    3) riding the bike 1- 20 minute session once a day, two if I feel well enough (Minimum of 4 times a week as my schedule the next couple months putting together a website and companion dvd that is more than 1600 pages a piece takes a lot of hours, even with help. that is not considering any of the other projects that pop through.)
    4) listen to the CD's when I feel I need them
    5) drink at least 10 glasses of 8 ounces of water a day, actually measure it out.
    6) watch for my trigger points - be aware of them so I dont fall because I have planned around them
    7) Do one thing that is super nice to me - every day!

Congratulations Trish!! I saw on general discussion where you said, your eyes are brighter, face not bloated, stomach not bloated I agree, whites are white except when these allergies kick in but the skin around my eyes looks great. I have lost inches mostly - only 5 pounds in 4 months, it was not really a goal of mine to lose weight but the inches are a nice side affect for sure. I can fit back into my size 4 pants which I have not been able to do in a year. The waist is nice on them now - that is that bloating thing!

All who join this month - I am happy to be here with you! We can do this, it is easier as time goes on than I thought it would be. I think I am finally coming to grips with the mental demon of it all - keeping track of my trigger points.

Hugs to all,
    Mary

question

I would love to be with you. I have a question: what shows up on your credit card when you order stuff from the store here? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hey unregistered - Welcome!! - what shows up is Capalo Press, Inc. (nothing says my way out on the cc or packages.)
      Please go get registered, it is free and it makes it easier to post without typing your info in everytime!

congratulations on choosing this site, there are many incredible people here!

Hugs,
      Mary

Comment

thanks

Thanks! I've been reading awhile and there are lovely people here.

Comment

I am IN IN IN!!! YAY!!!

My plan/rules (may still be tweaked etc.):

1) AF days 2 times a week minimum( 3 is goal)
          2) Exercise at LEAST 3 days a week (1 hour per session)
          3) No wine during week
          4) No sneaking/hiding drinks
          5) Have at least 8 8oz glasses of water per day -measure them
          6) Cut out white bread, sugar as much as possible.
          7) Do one thing that is super nice to me - every day! - yes I like that one!!
          8) Aim for no more than 10-12 drinks a week ever (aim for much less)

Hugs,
          Jen
          Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Hi! I'm here!

Have been having phone, computer, & "head" trouble! (migraine)... but it's almost gone ... .. still moving a bit slowly, but just about ready to go out & brave the daylight again... Kinda feel like an alien coming out of my pod!

Hope everyones doing well, & ready to start August in a new & refreshing way... I know I've got a lot to look forward to this month.:h :w to any new comers! Catch ya later!... Hugs, Judie
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

I'm in too...

Goals:
              1. AF 3-4 days per week. (aim for two days in a row)
              2. One glass of water in between each glass of wine.
              3. No drinking alone. (this will be the most challenging!)
              4. 20 minutes exercise 3 times a week & lots of water
              5. Continue supps/listen to CDs when i get them

Good luck to all!

Julie

Comment

I am in, as well. I'm new here, but already have all my supplies, so I'm ready to start the month out fresh and see if I start to feel better.

Goals:
                1. Restart the sups/CDs
                2. 20 minute walk most days of week
                3. Cut out pop, & drink lots of water
                4. No beer Mon - Thurs (That will be Hard)
                5. If I do drink, no more than 3

I've been reading the sight for a couple of weeks, and it's really neat to see the support and the friendship that comes from this program. Love it!

Good luck everyone!

Comment

August and Everything After

I'm in too :eek

The Rules for August:
                  No Sneaking
                  No Sharing
                  No more then 2 a day during the week
                  0 to 3 drinks on the weekends
                  No drinking before lunch on the weekends. (last month it was breakfast, yippee!)

The Goals
                  Spend more time playing with the kids (hubby included)
                  Lose a couple of pounds and forget where I put them.
                  Have at least 1 if not many days this month where I don't wake up and be afraid, this is the day I will fall back down the rabbit hole.

:l Laura
                  Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

I am with you.

Hi,

After thinking for a couple days about my awful, awful month of July, and trying to figure out what happened here, I have decided that I am at least much better off to keep trying and try a new plan.

So I answer the question : "I am with you".

Unlike Jenneh I can NOT make rules. I am too much of a rebel when it comes to "obeying" & "rules". I also "hate" accountability in areas where I am not sure that I can be successful. I welcome accountability in areas of my life, like work, where I know I can do it. But I hate failing and failing really sets me back psychologically. Need to work that out. Not reaching a goal does same thing. Need to think about goals and reality, etc.

So my plans (not even goals and definitely not rules) are:

-- Maybe a kick-start with low dose of topa for a week. Still thinking on that.
                    -- Try to work in some AF days.
                    -- Put BIG, HUGE emphasis on exercise.
                    -- Do more hypnosis. Wonder if I could hypnotize myself that I absolutely cannot have a hangover in any shape or form. At least I am going to get our 2 new CDs and maybe look around for some others to supplement.
                    --Drinking: NO vodka. NO rum. NO diet coke. NO caffeine. 2 qts of water per day with mineral salt. 3 glasses wine per day (non-AF days).

Talk to you all soon. Cannot promise I will make a "report" every day. Cannot even promise that I will post everyday. I am looking at a very busy August for my consulting work, which I am actually excited about.

But, "we" got through studying for the PA & NJ Bar; "we" got through last week, 4 days of taking the BAR; and, "we" got through the weekend + a few days, recovering from the BAR. Jenneh will know what I mean. My daughter is only 24, brilliant, but oh, so emotional. We are "very" close.

Later,

Comment

I am so excited!!! School for me starts Monday (I teach) so I am so ready for this MOD MONTH! Had a great month in July---started Topa on July 2nd! Goals:
                      1. Stay far, far away from sugar
                      2. Limit wine to 2 glasses per night max
                      3. No bringing wine upstairs to tuck kids in (Ugh--did I honestly admit that I do that?)
                      4. No going to soccer games, school, or church (ugh---admintting things again) hungover.
                      5. Water---lots of it----measure to keep track
                      6. Exercise 45 minutes 4 times a week
                      7. Order the CD's.
                      I am happy to be here with all of you too!!!
                      SM-mary

Comment

Gabby :flower:

Comment

Oh chrysa,
                          I do know what you mean about "rules" and than how very hard we are on ourselves when we end up not being successful. I think you and I were posting at the same time, because your post popped up right before mine and than I read yours and than re-read mine and thought, "well, my 2 glasses of wine rule---I didn't say what size---they might be two very big glasses of wine (depending on the night)...and that's still following my "rules""..........
                          I think the fact that I have Discovered you all out there, knowing that you are in the univervse, struggling, coping, laughing, crying, pouring out that half a glass of wine down the sink and feeling just absolutely amazing about yourself and than I'm doing the same thing 5 states away, just knowing, FINALLY, that I'm not alone, that I can log on and see how each of you are doing...maybe the day wasn't the greatest, maybe it was, but "we have a plan!" and we are "brighter eyed" and "less bloated!" and Hell---that's 100 times better than I was 6 months ago girls!!! Hugs to all of you and here's to a great August!
                          Sm-mary

Comment

I'm In --Again!!!

I'm in for August after a less than acceptable last two weeks of July. No hard and fast rulles for me, like Chrysa I find rules only make me rebel.
                            Goals are
                            2 wines a day
                            No more than 3/4 at a party or weekend
                            No sneaking or beginning drinking before 5pm, definitely not 9 am.
                            Move more
                            Listen to CD's - stoped weeks ago because of the awful voice but will persevere this time.
                            Well, I see how I go today.
                            Good Luck everyone.
                            Maires

Comment

Count Me in As Well

I've been reading off and on all day as I could at work. Felt bad that so many were doing AF days when I hadn't (wouldn't, couldn't) even think about it. Glad to see that there are still some that have a little every day. Like Crys and S.M. I am somewhat of a a rebel but here's what I'd like to achieve:

1. No more than 2 drinks per week night after work.
                              2. No more than 3-4 drinks on Friday and Saturday night.
                              3. More water.
                              4. Quit stuffing myself with pasta and bread and macaroni and cheese
                              5. Start walking if this heat wave ever goes away.

Love y'all to bits - you're my kinda' people!

Trish
                              Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
                              Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
                              Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
                              : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
                              "

Comment

Working...
                              X