Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm New. Who are you?

Hello all and sundry.

I am quite new to this site and still trying to find my MWO legs--there is so much good stuff here. I have been AF since 1-11-09, so I am coming up on almost a month. I have tried full on drinking, absolute abstinence, and everything in between. The only thing that works in my life is abstaining, so thanks for all the helpful posts everyone--they strengthen me in a way I have never before encountered.

I will try to post regularly, but right now I am playing "catch-up" just wandering around all the various threads.

BIG LOVE, kipper
    :choc: mmm...chawklit :choc:

Kipper.....Welcome ! Anyone that post on our music thread is ok with me ! Keep posting ! IAD.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Ite. thnx. will do. =]

Comment

Welcome I'm new here too!!!! Read and post....that is the advice I got and it's great advice.
        RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Thank you April.

Comment

I'm new too! I really like all the info and I don't feel so alone in this anymore.
            Last night out of control February 3, 2009. I'm not doing it again, I'm doing this for my daughter.

Comment

not sure what the program means. For starters i just want to take the first step.... some sort of decision/plan to change my life. hoping to be inspired by other people's success? I know the only one that can do it is me but...HELP

Comment

Jam--Agreed. This site is absolutely amazing, as are all the people who come here to share...

Onda--Maybe try looking through some of the thread titles under "Just Starting Out?" and see if it helps answer some of your questions. Also, if you need help right away there is an "ASAP" thread that I get the feeling a lot of "old timers" keep their eye on in case someone is in desperate need. Good luck--you can do this!!

Comment

ondafence;540352 wrote: not sure what the program means. For starters i just want to take the first step.... some sort of decision/plan to change my life. hoping to be inspired by other people's success? I know the only one that can do it is me but...HELP
                  Hi ondafence. I'd suggest you start your own thread, that way you can let us know what kind of help you need to get started.
                  vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Hi kipper, you have a pencil. Why not stop by subs some day and introduce yourself?

I'm cyclefan, not because I ride but because I follow the sport of professional cycling. The season is just about to start so I'll be boring people about how it's going it really soon. :H

Comment

cycle--what is this "subs" you speak of? Kelp!! glub...glub...glub... =]

Comment

Subscriber chat. When you join (i.e., pay the $9.95/month) you get certain benefits such as more private message storage, the ability to post polls, access to the games area, and entrance into subscriber chat among other things. So stop by and say howdy if you are so inclined.

Comment

Welcome to the new folks. It was suggested to my when I first started out, to read the book, and formulate a plan. The toolbox thread is very helpful as well. Great to have you all with us.
                          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Ya what Seacailin said !Lot's of good stuff on this site ! IAD.
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi there kipper-

I just found this site myself. I only have 4 days sober and its my first friday. I already feel like I have a place to go where people get it. It helps so much, welcome!
                              Liath

Comment

Working...
                              X