Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Saturday

Hi everyone

Sometimes I hate Saturdays, my biggest day for struggling. I would love a drink, have thought about having one, but keep telling myself it would never be just one. Trying to avoid the front of the house which faces the beer garden of the pub across the road. Full of lots of people enjoying a relaxing drink on a Saturday afternoon. Also bumped into a friend who likes a drink, always quiet open about it, maybe a problem in the making but makes me wonder sometimes if I really do have a problem. But I will resist because I know how bad I will feel if I get drunk tonight. It will linger for days.

Wishing everyone a great Satuday.

Ezz.

ODAT - Saturday

Gosh, Ezz - a beer garden across the street!! That seems a bit like adding insult to injury! Oh MY.

I feel like I've been losing my resolve, my focus lately. I "only" had a beer & half yesterday - and no desire for more... (Unusual)

I read some of good thread on Monthly Abstinence ("What I hate, loathe, etc. about drinking") - I will be going back there for inspiration! While it's great to read about how wonderful it is to be sober, I think I also need to be reminded frequently of the Negative things about drinking!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-22609.html

But does this happen to anyone else? Sometimes when I hang around MWO trying to get inspired, it seems it can make me obsess about alcohol!! I take the good about not drinking and the bad about drinking and it equals... BOOZE! Good grief.

Anyway, I'll be at my volunteer thing at SPCA for 3 hrs today. The animals are not only lovable, but they have amazing capacity to take away desire for AL!

Have a great day all you ODATers!
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Hi, Ezz and Savon, Saturday is long and unstructured, so it's a good idea to get some plans in place! I think I'll get to a craft store today and see if I can find some inpiration. If nothing else, I'll get a movie for tonight and plan to do some reading this afternoon. Ezz, I think if I lived across from a beer garden, I'd HAVE TO MOVE! Geesh, how do you do it?!!! Savon, I agree with you about needing to be reminded about the negatives. I't pretty powerful.

I'm going to be AF today. Good luck to you and all to come on meeting your goals today!
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Good Morning Ezz, Savon and Dill and all to come. So it is nice to wake up without a hangover -- no guilt, no depression, no queasy stomach, no headache. Nice day here. Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!
        Matt

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

ODATERS!!!!

It's going to be a beautiful balmy weekend! I hope to get some yard work done and take little doggie to the doggie park. Unfortunately it's time to cough up the membership money. But it's worth it.

Ezzie, relative to wondering if you have a problem..... it's not about comparing yourself to others. That sounds like AL whispering to you. A beer garden across the street.....God bless you! Can you go over there and not drink? Would you want to?

Savon, that would drive me crazy to have a beer & a half. All the fretting I'd do over it before, during and after. It tires me to think about it! And I know what you mean about MWO and obsessing. Maybe take a break? Only read certain threads? What DOES strengthen your resolve?

Hi dill & matt!

It has been said that when you focus on what you DON'T want, you are still focusing on it. Just something to consider.

Have a lovely day. I think there is a little dafodill out back that needs to be in a vase in my window.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
          X