PDA

View Full Version : Mod Squad Weekly Thread 9th Feb

DeeBee
February 9th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Hey! Where's everyone??
It's Monday afternoon peeps, come and check in.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to catch up with the weekend news, just wanted to quickly pop in and say HELLOOOOO...:anyone:

DeeBee
February 9th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Right, all caught up... not much to catch up... I hope that's because everyone was too busy having FUN!!

Vladster, I'm thinking of you on holiday -- can't wait for you to come back.

Zed, (snif) what more can I say. Hamba Kahle (go well)

Ask, sneeky you.... do tell, what's the deal with "internet guy"???

Kid, where art thou?? You know how I plutz if people don't check in.

Eve and DM, I am sending you strength to get throught the week and find peace and joy at the end of it.

Vera, we haven't heard from you in a while -- what's news oh beautiful one!

Sun, Cycle, Lena, Jude and within, How are you?

Well my weekend was just awesome thanks.
We dusted off the ole boat and took it up to the dam for the day. A bunch of friends and family met us there and we cooked breakfast on the skottle and threw name on the wake-board.
It has been ages since I've been on the wake-board (I think I might be too old for it lol) and I am hurting EVERYWHERE today.

And the best thing about my day -- it was AF!! Might sound a little odd but last summer we spent every weekend at the dam and it involved copius amounts of wine, passing out and drinking again. TG those days are behind me.

within
February 9th, 2009, 10:31 AM
sounds wonderful

Hey Dee: Joy! You experienced joy without wine!
I remember when I could find joy in almost anything. Small steps for me but that's my goal. Joy without wine. For me its like relearning life.
My weekend was successful. Not awesome by any stretch but a step in the right direction.

cyclefan
February 9th, 2009, 01:00 PM
I'm here today, feeling really strong.

I am successfully titrating off the Topamax and am finding that those old alcohol cravings I had at 5:45 every evening are no longer there. I am so glad I followed the MWO program it was the perfect program for me. I'm also glad I went 60 days instead of the 30 I needed that extra time to contemplate on whether I wanted to allow alcohol to be in my life and if so, what kind of relationship it was going to take.

DeeBee sounds like you had some dam fun! within good that you can join us. Have you caught up on our stories by reading the old threads yet? Sunbeam has a good story in the My Story section.

I echo Deebs in asking about the others, hope everyone's weekend was good. I think this full moon must have made folks a little bit crazy! :nutso:

Delta Moon
February 9th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Monday and the start of a new beautiful week! The weekend was good-full of friends and family and a show on Sat. night that I hadn't planned on. I had two glasses of Chard. to get thru. I pacted for AF Sat.thru next Fri. and broke the pact. :bow Asking for forgiveness here. I am committed to the rest of the week and can't forsee any reason that I can't keep it.

Cyclefan- you sound great and I am thinking that a good length of time AF would be good for me too. The longest stint I've done is 22 days but I am going to go for a longer commitment especially with my hubby not drinking now and lent coming up. How do you feel the Topa helped you during this time? Have you attempted moderating yet?

Deebs- what a great weekend at the dam - and sober! I'm proud of you! :thumbs:

I am looking forward to more MWO time this week and miss you all.

cyclefan
February 9th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Delta Moon I came to MWO because I was drinking a bottle of bourbon a week (cocktails every night...wheeee!!!) and needed some help to stop. It was habit more than anything but I don't like doing things the hard way so I chose the easy way which was Topamax and the CD's, and of course using the resources here at the website. My intention was to learn to moderate my alcohol intake so I was very serious to follow the program as it was laid out in the My Way Out book, I figured why mess with success? After I abstained for 30 days I really didn't feel like I was ready to try to moderate yet, so I abstained for another 35 or so. I waited for a neutral day; no stressors, no real alcohol cravings, no anger, in other words nothing that would put a negative connotation to having a cocktail, made some nice snacks to go along with (wookiehole cheese and crackers and some hard salami) and poured a cocktail and sat to drink and enjoy it while visiting with my husband. After that I got up and cooked us a nice dinner.

Since then, that was a friday evening in mid January, I have had a couple more cocktails in the same type of setting, and a couple of times we had a glass of wine with dinner. I am happy, this is what I had in mind when I planned to have an adult relationship with alcohol...take it or leave it, but enjoy it when I had it.

I also meant to say that I am aware that I need to remain vigilant. This is early days yet for me.

Yes, the Topa helped me immensely but I am glad to be going off it. It did make me rather disinterested and I feel myself perking up now that I'm titrating down. I should be completely off by this time next week.

Delta Moon
February 9th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks, cyclefan for sharing your story. You sound very clear and focused. I pray someday I may feel that way too.
Blessings

Sunbeam
February 9th, 2009, 09:37 PM
My longest friend Deebs,
You sound great - so am I. I continue to feel like I have more time in my life to do the things I really enjoy, not drinking. I'm not thrilled that I had three glasses of wine last Friday night, but the world won't end. It was red wine, which gives me night sweats, even at that amount these days. A good reminder of why I don't drink much any more. I only had six glasses in the whole month of January!

I just ordered a cold frame to extend my gardening season. I've been hearing some stories about starting seeds at colder than traditional temperatures, and I want to play around with that. I had one a long time ago, used it for cooler season plants including broccoli, spinach, cabbage.

Eve, my belated condolences regarding your FIL. My prayers are with you and yours.

Cyclefan, you sound good. Vigilance will serve you well always.

Delta Moon,I was thrilled to read that not only you are working things out with your hubby, but he is not longer drinking??!! What a victory, a start on a new life!

Within, I definitely have the joy back in my life. Way better things to do than drink. My life is filled with many opportunities, but it is up to me to take advantage of them. I use Drink Tracker daily, and believe it has been key for the honesty I needed to get my drinking to and keep it at the current low level. One glass of wine = 5oz., 1 bottle = 5 glasses. I probably don't need it any more, but I still like filling it out.

Take good care, all of you.

within
February 9th, 2009, 10:03 PM
monday night

hello mods
hope all is well. I am doing ok. Biting my nails but hanging on!
Sun,you sound well. I am inspired. I want to thank everyone for the honesty in these posts. It really helps.
Sun, i have a questions about the night sweats. Is that common. I have been having severe night sweats for several....my doc said it might be hormonal but maybe it was all the wine?
Last night I was AF and still had sweats...
sorry to get all gross on you all ....I will stop talking about sweating!
cycle..i like your approach and thinking. Association is a strong influence. Drinking under the right conditions can make all the difference in the world.
Thanks again for all the support i find here. hope you all have a restful night...see you tuesday.

DeeBee
February 10th, 2009, 09:57 AM
HideHo Modders.

Well another day finished (TG)! I can't believe how extreemly exhausted I am... surely it can't only be from going NF?
I honestly am batteling to keep my eyes open during the day which doesn't help as I am on the road this week and travelling next week so I really do need to get this sorted out.
I was moaning to hubby last night that the last couple of days have really been tough with the cravings and he said to me, "if it's that bad, then just smoke again" WTF!!! :durn: I will not start smoking again, I'm sure I'm over the worst now.

Within, you just hang in there -- I will go AF with you this week -- PACT, K.

Sun, as always I just love your posts. Isin't it great that to you 3 glasses of wine is not acceptable or part of your goal whereas just over a year ago that would've been the norm. You really have come a long way.:yougo:

Hi Cycle, DM and all to come.

Where is Kid, has anyone heard from him lately? All the men in our lives are dissapearing:creepydude:

Well hubby is away tonight and that would normally send me into a state of anxiety and panic because he's not here to watch over me. Amazing what strength we find within us when we need to.... I am not anxious, nor worried anymore, the daughter and I have treated ourselved to a ready cooked meal from Woolworths. The bonus about hubby going away is we get to touch and hold the remote for the evening.:H

within
February 10th, 2009, 10:42 AM
morning everyone

Thanks for all the posts. How is everyone doing?
Deeb, I will go AF. I am nervous about sat. Val day. What are your thoughts about that holiday. When i think about it i think about a nice glass of red wine out at dinner.
Hope you all have nice days....:l

startingover
February 10th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Hi Guys,
Deebs it sounds like you are feeling EXACTLY like me, I am on day 5 NF, no patches and SO tired. Any ideas? I think it can be quite common to suffer from fatigue for up to 4 weeks. Its because Nic is a stimulant...
I hope everyone is OK? It seems a bit quiet in here this week?

Eve11
February 10th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Buddies,
I had a great idea for a new thread but was typing FIL's obituary at the same time (jumping back and forth) and accidentally posted the obit on the new thread! So, had to quickly delete that and now no time to start the thread. So, when we're back from the funeral I'd get around to posting it. Have little access to internet where I'm going so will *see* you all soon in about a week unless I can make my way to a computer in the cold forsaken place I'm going to and manage to lurk here or there.
Cycle Fan, enjoyed your post. Hi to others - no time to write more so hugs to you all.
Eve11

DeeBee
February 10th, 2009, 11:05 AM
startingover;543712 wrote: Hi Guys,
Deebs it sounds like you are feeling EXACTLY like me, I am on day 5 NF, no patches and SO tired. Any ideas? I think it can be quite common to suffer from fatigue for up to 4 weeks. Its because Nic is a stimulant...
I hope everyone is OK? It seems a bit quiet in here this week?
I know Starts, it's damn draining!! I'll draaaaagggggg ouuuuttt the Patrick Hodford book and see if there are any suggestions to perk us up.

BTW, :goodjob: hang in there Starts, we only have to do this once.

DeeBee
February 10th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Eve, I can't wait to see your new thread -- you have me intrigued now.
How are you holding up otherwise? All my love to you and your family.

Within, what is Val day?
Have you ever tried AF beer? I am a wine drinker through and through but I found a nice cold glass of AF beer when there is a special occassion and I am AF really hits the spot.

startingover
February 10th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks Deebers...I'm hanging :H

Delta Moon
February 10th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Start and Deebs- some of the fatigue you are experiencing is the removal of the toxins from your system. Drink lots of water and herbal tea to flush these out and you will feel so much better. Lots of exercise too will help. I know you are so tired but if you can give yourslf a push to get the heart rate up and then flood yourself with water you will clean your system up quicker and have more energy.
Blessings

Delta Moon
February 10th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Eve- I'm praying for you and your family.

Where are our boys? Kid and zed we miss you!

Kid Shelleen
February 10th, 2009, 11:55 AM
SAMe anyone??

I'm so sorry!!
I owe my girls a nice long post...
and you're going to get one...
soon;
I promise...
But not right this minute!;)
Is this why women think men keep making promises they can't keep..
BECAUSE IT'S TRUE???

I'm sitting here now with credit card in hand
and am deliberating buying the SAMe Supplement from the MWO Store.
Has anyone in Mods tried it?
If so, what do you think?

I've been intermittently using a brain food called "Choline Cocktail"
and I've let myself run out.
Now what can I feed my brain?
~Kid~

DeeBee
February 10th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Hey Kid, we missed you!!

Yes, I tried it when I first went AF -- I can't honestly say whether it was the SAMe, the kudzu or dozen of other pills I was on tho.

What about Omega Oils? Are you taking those?

Kid Shelleen
February 10th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Thanks DeeBee...

I missed you too.
Sometimes these days just get ahead of me!

I AM on a different brand of Omega Qil type supplement, thanks.
I believe in giving back to our poor wrung out bodies after all the abuse we've given them, so I do take a reasonable amout of supplements.
I'm even more vigilant now that I've cut back on my calorie intake and eating less.:dancingskel:(Skinny Man!)

The Choline Cocktail and SAMe would go beyond replacing depleted nutrients and actually tickle our brain cells, giving us a mental boost and a better attitude.
I think I'm going to buy both and do a comparison.
More later!
~Kid~

cyclefan
February 10th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Mi Mi Mi Mi

Good day modders, happy Tuesday

Just back from my three month checkup. Did I mention that I love my Doctor? For one thing he resembles Jermaine on Flight of the Conchords so for that reason alone he always makes me smile. Reason number 2 he took me seriously when I said I wanted Topamax and to follow the MWO program. He read the book! He prescribes Topamax now for problem drinkers! He is not stuck in the AA model (although that was his first suggestion to me when I first saw him, poor boy just didn't know any better.) Reason number three, although he's not a huge supplements guy, being traditionally schooled, he's not 100% against them like so many MD's, so he encourages and supports my supplement use and actually helps me with good information. Reason number 4 he didn't make me get a PAP smear today, said after menopause with no abnormal history every three years is sufficient. :thanks:

Since November I have lost 31 lbs., my last two blood pressure readings were slightly below normal and he suggested I go off the blood pressure medication, I sleep through the night now, he said to try Fish Oil instead of going back on cholesterol meds, so it looks like for now the only medication I'm on will be thyroid. I'm stoked people. STOKED!

Like Kid says, the Mod life is a good life. I can't remember the last time I was this happy.

Sorry I don't mention everyone by name, but I think of you all and hope you days are good and your nights are better. xo Beth

within
February 10th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Eve sorry for your loss.
way to go cycle.....that bike is taking you places!!!!! Great job.
Deeb, valentines day silly! I think I will try the afbeer...in a martini glass!
I love reading the posts and love all the advice, support, stories. Thank you.
Going AF for a stretch was not what i intended when i started this...but now, I think its the right way for me. I still want to be mod and i think i can but....first things first. AF for at least 30 days.
hope you are all having good days...:l

Kid Shelleen
February 10th, 2009, 06:33 PM
We have a GREAT bunch here!!

I LOVE you guys..
girls..
women..
whatever.
~KiD~
:heart::heart::heart:

Sunbeam
February 10th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Hi Within,
I'm in my mid-50's so night sweats are the menopausal norm. But it was much worse when I drank, now it is rarely a problem. I have probably finished that phase.

Good for you deciding to do that AF time. I think there are some who don't, but I'm not sure how much they are able to change their lives. I think you want your life back, and this I believe is an important step.

Everybody, I hope you are all well.

within
February 10th, 2009, 10:01 PM
good night

sleep tight everyone....
I'm off to bed. I did it. Another day and I feel good!
take good care:l

lenaleed
February 10th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Done Pouting

Hi friends. It wasn't my intent to go off in a snit. I felt responsible starting a thread that got some pm crap directed at my friends but no more mention of it and let's just get down to business . . . life . . .

Eve -- Why are we not surprised that you wrote the obituary for your father-in-law. You are the anchor. You've been in my prayers for strength for you and yours. I phoned ahead for a heat wave in South Dakota for you. Looks like He got that message and will flood you all with His warmth.

Deebs -- I quit smoking 25 yrs ago and remember feeling something no one told me to expect: I was lonely for my cigs. WTF! I found myself literally crying about it. Do as Delta Moon says and drink water. My craving never came back once I got them behind me. But it takes a vet to know how brave you are. Aye aye, Cap'n!

Cycle, Squirrel (you know who you are), Sunbeam. Lila, Sara . . .

Kid, Oh you!

I truly love you all

Lena

vera-b
February 10th, 2009, 10:37 PM
I'm sorry I've been so absent my dear modder friends - so much life to live, so little time . . . when you're not drinking your life away, there's so much more to do!! Spent the last weekend with daughter #1 on a "girls' weekend out" adventure to Charleston, SC and we had a ball. We went shopping, out to dinner, pampered with a couple of pedicures, saw a historic plantation, and went to church in a congregation that was established in 1690-something. That's my excuse for not checking in - that, and I've found I'm just not as needy. I hope you all have a great week - I'll be checking in from time to time, though probably only occasionally. Love to you all----

Vera-b

DeeBee
February 11th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Morning Squad,

It's great to s*see* everyone back again. Still a couple of regulars missing but I'm hoping they are lurking (Hi BB).

I shouldn't even be on-line... naughty naughty DB, I must hit the road now and go see clients but I really don't want to. It is miserable wet weather outside which does not beckon me to go travelling.
Oh well, (sigh) let me head out -- see you all a bit later.

Happy Hump Day:-)

DeeBee
February 11th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Well I spent a good part of my day stuck in a traffic jam, watching the dude in front of me smoke cigarrette after cigarette after cigarette.... I won't lie and tell you I was quite happy to sit there watching him because seriously I nearly climbed out the car and zicked one off him.... but I didn't. Instead I practiced my breathing and counting (Wip has been teaching us to meditate if anyone is intersted).

Kid, I was thinking this morning after reading your post that really I have this cupboard full of suppliments, vitamins and amino acids but half the time I can't remember what they are supposed to do. I am a big believer in the Omega oils and the L-Glut but I have to wonder about the GABA and 5HTP.... Is it not the same as me taking a "happy pill"??

Within, duh, I feel rather blonde -- of course Valentines!! What's everyones plans.... do you support it or not? Me personally, I love any opportunity to exchange gifts and celebrate life and love. I have bought hubby a chilli plant -- to tell him he's HOT! LOL
And good on you Within for planning before hand how you are going to approach you Valentines AF.

Vera, you are sounding fantastic!! I fully understand you not "needing" to check in so often -- just know that we are thinking of you:-)

WHooooHoooo Cycle on getting a great report from your Doc!!

Lena, thanks for the support!!

Hi Sun, Vladster (when are you back), Ask and St J (are you lurking?)

Kid Shelleen
February 11th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Going for a walk...

Modders,
It's a windy morning here, and greyish.
Though I'm far inland; it reminds me of some times in the Carolinas.
The kind of day, that when one is staying near the ocean,
there are whitecaps as far as the eye can see, and a gray swirling sky lowering to meet them.
The children would rather stay in,
and so a man can take a long thoughtful walk alone;
with his well known beach becoming an adventure.

Though I'm far inland, and I don't know what this weather is going to do;
I'm feeling a deep contentment today,
with that stirring of adventure in my veins,
and I KNOW it will be a day for my mind to go back and walk that beach
and think wild thoughts...
~Kid Shelleen~

keepwalking
February 11th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Hi gang and like vera apologies for not posting more often!! I have explained why before so I know you all understand this is what works for me. I was reading some posts over the weekend on here and my o my it doesnt half remind me of why I dont drink much at all these days!!! Some real crazee stuff. Anyway everyone sounds fine and dandy here in terms of A intake and ability to mod so well done, i love this squad. So nice to see some new faces, welcome welcome, great to have you. Lila where are you my friend? I have been doing great, lost another 3 pounds at ww so am at target weight now which is great as i fly off on holiday to some sun on saturday. I intend to mod on hol which will not be difficult as it is a girlie holiday and two of them dont drink at all, so moderation for me and the others is the key to a great time. I intend to do lots of walking( of course) and eat plenty of lovely healthy med food, yummy. Any news on sarah?? I know she wanted a break but its been a while?

I will check in again before I fly and as soon as I get back, I am aiming for an AF free lent???? will be looking for a pact to help? Love to all

Sarasmiles
February 11th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Hey Gang!

I just wanted to check in and say I'm alive and (almost) well. I have emerged from the darkest part of my depression, and although I keep looking over my shoulder for its return, I am okay. I'm on day 4 AF, and that seems to be helping. I want to do a long stretch, and let myself get feeling stronger.

Things are better with my husband. He has gotten out of his dark and chilly mood, and gone back to being his old affectionate, loving self...Although still not able to talk a whole lot about feelings...either his or mine. I know he'll have "relapses" into that kind of mood - he always has. This time around, it came along just as I was falling into a deep sadness myself, and it made for a bad combination. I'm still in the market for a good therapist for the two of us, and well as for myself. Tomorrow I meet with a psychiatric nurse. I lined up the appointment thinking I might need to go back on an anti-depressant, but I'm going to go in and tell her I'm hoping not to. Kid, did you decide to try SAMe? I've been taking 5htp, along with my MWO amino acid blend. I take fish oil, too. I honestly have no idea if these things are helping, or if other factors are at work. I intend to ask the nurse about these various supplements tomorrow. I hope she doesn't poo-poo them. I'll ask about SAMe.

You guys all sound good! I've missed you. Nice to see some new faces since I was last here, too. Best to all. Sara

Kid Shelleen
February 11th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Now I know what it's going to do...

The tornado alarms went off!
It's just a "watch", so I'm watchin';)

DeeBee: I don't think these things are like "happy pills". I think they are more like precursors to our own neurotransmitters and things. They help an alcohol damaged neurosystem behave more normally; making you...happy! :)
KW: Yeah, reading some folks adventures sure can remind one not to overdo it!
I frequently have patients in the ER who I laugh and tell them they are "sobriety's poster children"; all the reasons rolled into one person extolling the evils of alcohol...Everything we DON'T want to turn out to be.

They make it easier for me not to stop at the tavern on the way home.
"The Mod Life is the Good Life" but we can come and go here as we need.
Some us grow up and decide to go Abs; some of are so comfortable modding that alcohol is not an issue any more. That's the way to be!
Sara: Welcome back, friend!
:welcome:
You sound strong and I'm glad the tide is finally turning.
I think you are right; continued AF days are a good idea for you.
Just watch out for the "binge monster" if you slip a little.
Better to "sip than to slide"
I just made that up!!:H Modders are so witty..

Yes I ordered the SAMe.
I am using up MANY accumulated bottles of vitamins and supplements
and am going to revisit the plan when they are gone.
Sara, ABSOLUTELY tell your prescription writer what supps you are on, or might plan to be on.
You probably know, but I'm reminding you, that many antidepressants don't mix with some supps.
Some supps aren't right for some diagnoses. You can make things worse
That said; best of luck with your appointments.
We are rooting for you!

Well, we're supposed to go see a play.
I must get ready and/or hide in the basement.
(The weather situation is labile right now)
Later Modders,
~Kid~

Delta Moon
February 11th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Hi all! Jus a quick hello out to you all.
Sara so good to hear you are doing better. Thanks for stopping by.

Kid-your 'haiku' was beautiful this morning about walking on the beach. Some of my fondest memories are long walks on the beach. I hope to add to that memory list. What play were you off to see? My hubby doesn't enjoy live theatre so the girls and I go to alot of matinees so he doesn't feel too left out.

Keeps- have a fabulous girls retreat- I'm jealous!:shesjealous:I too am planning on going AF for lent and would love company. Maybe others will join in?????

Deebs- I had a hoot picturing your traffic jam watching the guy in front of you chaining and you almost jumping out the window for one! Good temptation slayer, you! Keep up the good going.

Eve- I'm praying for your family and for your continued strength.

vera and lena good to hear from you both

within- oh where art thou? Let us know how you are doing.:l

I'm off to pick up the karate girl and watch the beautiful sunset.

Blessings-

within
February 11th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Im right over here...

...I am the one in the corner feeling pretty healthy and happy that I am on day 4AF. It is not easy. I am trying to keep my head clear and positive.
sounds like the modders are doing swell....glad to hear it.
Delta...how was sunset...it clouded up on my walk and wasnt able to catch it.
kid...glad your out of the way of the storm. Enough of that!
sara..good job using your resources. Youre doing great.
deebs....i love the idea of a chili plant. very funny. I love to have the ablilty to celebrate love and life too! hopefully darling mr with and I can rekindle an old flame.
And to all the rest of the mod squad....Thanks for listening to this wannamodda. I truly am thankful for all the listeners out there. The role this place is playing in my life's transformation is amazing. THANK YOU ALL :h

DeeBee
February 12th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Keep, you are sounding focused and on track. A girls weekend away -- that sounds lovely.

Hi Sara!! I'm so happy to hear you are coming out of the darkness. Good on you for finding help and yes I agree, if you can stay away from the anti-D's.

Well done Within on 4 days AF!!! Keep going you are styling.

Hi Kid, Vera, Sun, Eve and anyone I've forgotten.

DeeBee
February 12th, 2009, 07:13 AM
I SLIPPED ON A BANANA SKIN!!!

I kid you not!!!

Came home just now and the monkeys have had a field day in my kitchen. Being true bratts they ate all my bananas and threw the peels onto the floor -- which I promptly slipped on :banana:

Kid Shelleen
February 12th, 2009, 07:28 AM
The winds have stopped...

What wakes me at night is not a noise
but a sudden stillness...
The winds have stopped
The mysterious cracks and crashes;
the garbage can sounds
rolling percussion on the pavement;
branches grating on the gutters.
The sun will be up soon and we will see

Good morning, Modders,
Delta, what is 'Haiku', exactly? I've heard the term; but nobody ever accused me of it!
I'll have to look it up.
Wouldn't it be fun to just walk the beach; go from Alaska to Mexico or something? There's a goal.

We went and saw "Travels of Angelica"; thanks for asking.
It was a little deep and heading in a tragic direction, many people left after the first act. I hate when people do that...
I can't believe Hubby wouln't like theater if you started with the right play.
Is he hard of hearing? That makes it much less enjoyable. Our place has hearing enhancers that are a Godsend.

Cat and I were running out of 'Mother's Day' and 'Father's Day' gift ideas many years ago.
We like theater, at least now and then,
we also knew the value of 'date night' for former lovers who were now 'married-with-children";
so we keep a subsription to the Playhouse.
It's part of the budget, tickets are paid, even charged if necessary, for the year. We don't have to remember to get tickets.
We don't have to motivate our lazy asses. Sometimes we are barely speaking when we go...
It gently forces us to clean up and go out together.
I recommend it.
Like the other few things Cat and I do together,
I say 'it's cheaper (and more fun)than therapy'!

Within; you are doing great. We're always here.
Well, DB has sent two messages while I typed my ONE!

The sun is coming up on what appears to be another grey day.
(Edit: it was the grey roof by my window! It's a cloudless, sunny day!)
Honey-haired-girl had her breakfast and is off to school.
I'd better get out soon and survey the damage.
"More coffee? May I please have more coffee, suh???"
Have a great one,gang!!
~Kid~

DeeBee
February 12th, 2009, 07:40 AM
HA HA Kid, you gotto be quick around here!

within
February 12th, 2009, 08:24 AM
the old banana peel trick...

It'll get ya everytime!!!!
Have a great day everyone! have fun out there:l

Delta Moon
February 12th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Deebs- Do you really have monkeys?
Kid- haiku is a form of poetry. You really are quite good.:)
I'm still AF and feeling good- Mr. grumpy is raising his old head again and I will have to give him a wake up call- maybe lavishing tons of love instead of the scripted verbal volleyball? It is valentines day soon...........:h
Blessings -I'm off to the gym and to practice:guitar1:

cyclefan
February 12th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Hello Modderoos, happy Thursday!

We have had gray skies for what seems like weeks now. It is odd weather for our little corner of the country, our average sunshine is 300+ days per year.

within I'm rooting for you. I think going AF for 30 is a really great decision on your part. Speaking from my own experience, it gave me the necessary breathing room to break that bad habit of cocktails every night (among other things, but don't want to get preachy here.) At first it was a little frightening but I know I could do it again without too much discomfort if I thought I should. Let us know how we can support and encourage you. Four days so far is great! :applaud: If you think the weekend might be tough stick around MWO, jump into chat or hang out in the just starting out threads. You can also PM one of us if you need some one on one support.

DeeBee please watch out for banana peels. We do not want you slip sliding away from us.

Sara it is good to see you posting. Before I was posting on this thread I read it every day and so I'm glad to see you. No pressure but please stay in touch.

Same for you Keepwalking. Glad to hear modding is working out good for you, have a great girl weekend.

DM glad the AF days are feeling good for you. It's great to feel in control, isn't it?

Sunbeam night sweats, ugh! I was never so happy to be rid of something in my life. My husband was truly grateful as well, he nearly froze the first winter! I used an over the counter black cohosh blend it really helped.

Lenaleed, good to see you back! I'm following you everywhere you go. Don't worry if you don't see me posting on your threads, I'm too much of a nosy parker not to keep up with what is going on.

Hey Kid, your posts are always bright sunshine in my day, even when the weather is gray, I should be working and making hay, but what can I say? I'm lazy that way. ;)

To the modders I didn't say hello to personally, please excuse me it is not intentional to miss anyone out. May your day be filled with blessings, peace and hope.

within
February 12th, 2009, 07:11 PM
thurs evening

Back home from work, a dog walk and grocery shopping. This is offiically "wine time". I am sipping on lemon water trying to shake the headache from the day.
You all sound well and thank you for all the encouragement and support it means so much.
I love to hear your words and even just the chatter. I love the poetry and even stories about monkeys up to nothing but monkey business.
Tonight is a challenge... i feel like i deserve a cocktail and i KNOW i could justify it. I will get through. Its funny that after a long day any thought that wine might be a problem for me seems so sillly and even egotistic. Like, why stop the world and the nice routine we have just because I think I have a problem. Everyone might be happier if i just put my issues aside and go right ahead and have a drink.
I really know that deep down my hubby is supportive. Everything in moderation he says...and I think he's right. but i must do it this way. Its the right way for me. I think perhaps it might bring up some questions for him and his relationship with beer. we shall see.
Well all you very cool and hip modders...keep on modding. I will be muddling through my modding and looking her now and again for focus.
now for another sip of my lemon water.....ahhhhh:lipstick:

Kid Shelleen
February 12th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Ongoing PACTs

Weekend PACTs
P.A.C.T (Promissary Alcohol Controlling Tool)

Cross my heart,and hope to die; Stick a needle in my eye.."
*Phrase uttered by children after making a promise to indicate the depth of their sincerity: the speaker is so committed to the action just agreed to that they offer self-inflicted pain and a death wish as proof of their seriousness.
(Must be accompanied by a gesture of drawing a imaginary "X" across the speaker's own heart, or else it doesn't count.)

Mod Pacts INVITATIONS:
*Eve: Promising TWO DRINKS come Hell or high water!!
* Delta Moon and KW: ALL of Lent??
*Kid : Wednesday through Saturday (longer if anyone joins me)
*Sara: ODAT? Let's commit! (no,ODAT is OK)
*Delta: needs a partner for "all weekend"

ANYONE ELSE??

Feel free to join in with any ongoing pact
(or start a new one)

Remember:you've :h "crossed your heart" :h

Sunbeam
February 12th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Hi Everybody!
A first grade girl today told me that when you write the following words, you need to use this! to make them exciting
I LOVE YOU!

Ain't that the highlight of my day?!!

Sara, I am thrilled to see you back, glad to know you are getting yourself back. Other than offering support, it is really hard here in cyberspace to know what to say about the ups and downs and imperfections of our relationships.

Within, it is great you are staying with the lemon water, another day of success. I like the Polar brand of seltzer. Lots of flavors that come through a little stronger than other brans of this kind of product. I keep three flavors on the shelf. At less than a buck a bottle with no calories (or alcohol), you can't beat it!

Cyclefan, my husband is part of my night sweats problem. He HAS to have a heavy blanket, the lighter fleece kind makes him uncomfortable. He is hypersensitive to light touch, only wears certain kinds of clothes, that kind of thing. Oh well, after 28 years, he is worth the trouble.

We are going to the Vegas desert next week, leaving Sunday and returning Thurs. It will be probably at least 30o warmer there than here.

Hmm, we have this great group of mostly girls here, and a couple of delightful guys who share poetry. What's with that? Thanks, Kid, you bring sun to my grey skies. Zed, we look forward to your return, whenever that may be.

Keeps, you sound great. Keep walking, keep succeeding at all you do.

Deebs, I'm dying for clarification of that monkey story.

I continue to read daily, but don't let myself post any more than every other day, or less. You guys rock, but you should see the papers I'm still drowning in. I REALLY gotta clean out this computer room - after vacation. I used to be well-organized, but as the drinking took over, the papers just piled up. I am gradually getting back on top of things, but it is a long climb of neglect.

take care, all.

within
February 12th, 2009, 09:28 PM
haiku

the days end is near
my thoughts are swimming so
sleep will slow the brain

the path is inside
direction comes from within
i need clarity

be honest with self
your truths will unlock the door
to the joy of life

Kid Shelleen
February 13th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Gesundheit!

Get it??
Haiku!
Gesundheit!
...:H:H:H...

No, I love it.
Now I know what "Haiku" is, I can appreciate it more.
Thanks, Within!
~Kid~

DeeBee
February 13th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Oh the monkeys are the bane of my life!! They cruise through my house like the own it, swiping my fruit and veggies as they go. Can you believe the little buggers have even pulled up my carrots and radishes!!!
They are a big problem in our country, particually coastal towns. We have infringed into their territory and they now have no where to go other than into our back yards.
There are some very sad stories about people painting the ring leader white in the hope of scaring him away -- this then poisons the monkey and they die a slow death.
Personally I have an air gun which I use as a noice to chase them, but really they just look at me and roll their eyes when I come out cause they know I'm not gonna hurt them.
I'll take some photos this weekend of the two troops in my garden and then you can see what I'm talking about.

Sooooo, tomorrows Valentines!! I love any reason to celebrate love and joy. I have bought my hubby and daughter a precious stone called Sugilite which is regarde the most important of love stones. I have printed out the meaning of the gem onto some beautiful paper and I'll wrap it up and sneak it onto their breakfast tray tomorrow.
It's the thought that counts.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!!

Kid Shelleen
February 13th, 2009, 12:29 PM
You sound full of joy, DB...

You are like a big kid with this Valentine's Day approaching, aren't you?
I love it..
Every family should have at least one member who is excited about these things.
Like artists and musicians; you enhance our existence.
~Kid~

I can't wait to see your monkey pics!

lenaleed
February 13th, 2009, 02:37 PM
After a few days of weirdly balmy weather, we are settling in for a pre-Spring blizzard. So cozy. We've been warned for days so I'm prepared to hunker down. I'm on the top floor in a loft in an historic building and can usually see the weather coming for miles. But this a.m. (pre-sunrise) daughter asked when it was supposed to start snowing and I told her, "Later." Minutes later she called out to look out the window and I sprang into action. In no time I was out on the roof garden searing the brisket on the grill in a white-out. It's now doing an eight-hour tour in a low oven. And a batch of chicken and noodles simmering all morning!

There are at least two food items I would not make from scratch, because I could never improve upon them: egg noodles (Reames brand is thick, dumpling-style comfort food) and stuffing (I defy anyone to improve on the seasoning or the texture of Pepperidge Farm).

My post-divorce home, while a real sanctuary, does not have limitless kitchen space, so I've had to prioritize appliances. Bye bye bread machine! How liberating! King Arthur's Artisan Flour makes sublime baguettes if you can get it. Making bread takes no time at all (except passive rising time) and the comfort-food factor is unequaled.

Kid, throw me a vibe. What started all these comfort-food thoughts flowing is the "calendar", If-you-know-what-I-mean. Once the first stray zit appears on daughter's face, I go into action. Morning: No speaking unless spoken to. Driving: smooth; no sudden braking or pushing yellow lights. Better yet: let her drive and refrain from any comment, including muffled gasps. Do not touch the volume in the car radio; heaven forbid I should have a say in what we listen to. If I am picking her up, five minutes early and no comment if she is late. If she is picking me up, reverse above. Meals: Sneak a little extra protein into breakfast (an extra egg in the waffle batter, extra milk in the coffee); sneak in extra vitamins (EmergenC has a new pink lemonade flavor that is a hit); favorite comfort foods (hers), steering away from simple carbs and always sneaking in the protein (e.g. dish up more chicken in her chicken and noodles). Etc. etc. etc. By the time my tongue is bitten clear through, this too has passed. Whew.

Kidding aside, I am just so filled with gratitude for how much she has grown in the past couple of years. She was an out-of-control little bundle of rage when our family was falling apart. She now is growing into a wonderful young woman whose company I enjoy thoroughly most of the time and even on her off days she really tries. I truly am blessed.

Now, about her older brother . . . . Another day.

Eve, I don't know if this midwest blizzard will hit you but either way, Godspeed to you and yours in your grief and in your travels.

Keep -- Update on the girl party, please.

Our "flower girls" Ask, Vera and Sun, you are inspiring.

Sara: Smiles?

Zed -- Kid needs you back in the worst way or he will go out for a pedi.

Others: I Love You! (I got it Sun)

Lena

within
February 13th, 2009, 03:54 PM
keep on keepin on....
sun is out today...that always gives me hope.. But so doesnt the icecream in the freezer!!!
I'll save that for sundown.

kid, i kid you not, havent haiku'd since 6th grade. it felt good. Wow, what a cool process. I do love to read your verses...i am feeling so cultured visiting this thread!!and thanks for the geshundeit....!
everyone here seems to take things in stride and to keep one foot in the positive lane. I like that. No sulkers here.....but...even if ther were we would love you anyway...thats just the kind of modderoos we are.

I can't wait to see pix of the monkeys. my dog acts like a monkey. sometimes she acts like a cat and sometimes a billy goat but mostly a silly goose.

looking forward to valentines day...i realize that i can go out do dinner and enjoy a beverage AF!!! I am SOo looking forward. I have come to realize that stemware is an accessory for me. However, just because its stemware does not mean it has to contain alc all the time. I am going to start ordering seltzer and gin and crans in wine, martini and champagne glasses. It will make me feel a little more dressed up and festive. la la la

anyway....today i didnt go into the office Had the day off to go the the gyn and also get a mamogram....ahh the joys.

Going to head out for a dog walk. Gotta breath in that fresh air.
see you later...
the dog must go pee
i walk for miles through the wood
the sun will soon set
I cant stop!!!!!
later gators;)

within
February 13th, 2009, 03:57 PM
did i say gin???

i my last post i meant to say "tonic"!!!!!! Focus focus :)

Kid Shelleen
February 13th, 2009, 05:45 PM
You did say "gin"

That's OK.
It just shows you how close it is to the surface.
Gin is one of my big problems
so I try to never touch it.
Like you, I also use the word "gin" to replace other words in my sentences all the time. ;)

Sometimes I'll allow myself a gin martini when my wife is with me so she can ask,
"Are you having ANOTHER one?",
and kill my buzz!!
She knows I'm a practical man and she knows I won't keep throwing away good money when my drinks are served up with comments like THAT!:H

Lena: Do those interventions really work? I'm going to try them;
thanks for the clue.
Speaking of a clue; which way is the blizzard headed?
And how will Zed's return keep me from wanting a "pedi"?
Maybe I just WANT one!!
I did tell my barber we need more going on during the haircut.
I mentioned pedicures and manicures. I also mentioned lap dances.;)

Well, dinner's not getting thawed out with all my hot air here.
I'll catch you ladies later.
~Kid~

Delta Moon
February 13th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Hey- quick check in to say I'll be AF for the weekend- anyone want to pact?. And yes, Kid I'm going the full monty for Lent. Thats 6 beautiful weeks to clean out the cobwebs and break the spell. I will plan a little Gras on Mardi before the big day but until then will be clean.
Have a great weekend, all!
Laissez les bon temps roulez!

Kid Shelleen
February 13th, 2009, 07:30 PM
PACT rats

*Phrase uttered by children after making a promise to indicate the depth of their sincerity: the speaker is so committed to the action just agreed to that they offer self-inflicted pain and a death wish as proof of their seriousness.
(Must be accompanied by a gesture of drawing a imaginary "X" across the speaker's own heart, or else it doesn't count.)

Mod Pacts INVITATIONS:
*Eve: Sunday 2/15 thru thursday 2/19
*Kid : Wednesday and Thursday then Saturday
(longer if anyone joins me)
*Sara: ODAT? Let's commit! (no,ODAT is OK);)

ANYONE ELSE??

(or start a new one)

cyclefan
February 13th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Steak Night

Well, this was the week from h e double hockey sticks, at work, oh gosh I miss Sherman Potter. And Radar too. I could cut loose with some pretty colorful words but out of respect to my fellow happy modders I'll stick with the Sherman Potter language. For Now.

It's Steak Night. I'm good every other night of the week, with my low fat, low cholesterol, healthy wise food but Friday night is Steak Night. Even in the most foul weather you'll find me on the patio, gas grill going, rib eye sizzling to perfection. A little baked potato on the side, sometimes I'll do potato latkes, sometimes I'll even stuff the darn potato; veggie could be green beans or brussels sprouts, summertime is salads but wintertime is a cooked green veg. Broccoli? Did someone mention broccoli? No thanks, you can stuff your broccoli in a sack, mister.

Now it's time for me to relax, get my head out of the factory (I invented a new product today, and solved a long standing problem so it was a productive week but time to be done.) BBC America will serve up Little Britain and Catherine Tate after old Monty Python reruns. Cocktail? Don't mind if I do. One please, one will be enough.

Kid you can put me on the list for Sunday thru Thursday without fail. Most Saturdays too, but that will be on a week by week basis.

Hi to all. I'd say hi to each one of you but hey, it's Friday. :) Happy Friday 13. Happy Valentines. Happy Full Moon. Happy.....

Ask For Help
February 13th, 2009, 09:52 PM
HI all:

Everyone here is sounding so GOOD! Great job.
I've had a busy week, but have modded well. Looking forward to Florida travel next week to visit my folks. Last year @ this time it was a big deal, as I'd started modding in Jan and had no alcohol in the house, so vacationing w/ my folks last Feb was my first time modding w/ alcohol in the house. I OK, not great, and actually got tipsy one night and felt pretty bad about it, but in retrospect learned a lot about vacations and limits - which has served me well. It's just amazing how much difference a year makes. I now can manage having wine in the house and I control when and how much I drink. I have no anxiety about this vacation on the modding front. Realistically, I will probably have fewer AF days, because that is what I've found I do on vacations, but I won't worry about drinking to excess. God I love my new life!!!

My other news is a developing friendship with a new guy I've met. He's really smart, warm, attentive and makes me laugh. We had dinner tonight after talking everyday this week; I was so looking forward to it!!. He seemed a bit shyer than when we've been on the phone, but it's all a process. I like him and think he's a good soul with good values. Its definitely nice.

So my daughter is off for a week,and then I'm away, so I'm looking at 10 days childfree, so while I will check in, Mom is going to kick up her heels a bit.

Love to all,

Ask

within
February 13th, 2009, 10:54 PM
fri night

kid..you are so right. its all so close to the surface. I can just imagine a whole day of me mixing up all sorts of words with the likes of "gin" or "pinot nior" or "happy hour" Maybe I have and I just dont realize i am doing it.

At work i might possible be asking people if they would like some gin? or if we could pickup this project again at happy hour. or maybe i have told the boss that i have been putting in a little more time with the pinot nior innitiative.

cycle, steak night sounds like fun...i must say i read streak night at first...that sounds fun too!

Just go back from dinner out...had cran and TONIC in a martini glass. oh ya, and salmon.

I am going AF all weekend...cant believe i am doing it. i am so psyched. Again...thanks to you all!!

Ask, are you and mystery man talking dat #2? keep us posted. Glad you had fun!

have a nice weekend you modder peoples...
night night:huggy

lenaleed
February 13th, 2009, 11:13 PM
It's late for me to post but I couldn't resist a peek and wow! What do we have here!

Ask -- I guess it never changes from high school: If he's relaxed on the phone but shy in person, that means he Likes you.

Cyclefan: Latkes on the grill -- Now there's something! Did you wash it all down with a grape Nehi? Actually George Costanza wants us to stuff our sorries in a sack. Did he get that from Radar? They look & sound alike. An old friend of mine who is a stuffy Brit professor was back in town for a visit, having a very rough time in her life. I let her off at the hotel w/ advice to watch some sitcoms on the "telly", which after many years in the U.S. she never had done. She called ("rang me") in the middle of the night to say she had never laughed so much. Seinfeld, M.A.S.H., even Friends. Truly the best medicine!

For now, my tv is Friday Night Lights reruns on Hulu; daughter and I share an obsession right now.

Kid, if you do go for the pedi, OPI always has seasonal colors. Maybe coming soon is Irish Spring. Manly, yes, but I like it, too.

Lena

Kid Shelleen
February 13th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Whoaaa...

Ask!!!
10 days?
This sounds like FUN! :h:h:h
A new love interest just in time for Valentine's Day!!

Lena:
Do I have to get polish?
Can't she just play with my toes? ;)

lenaleed
February 13th, 2009, 11:24 PM
From urbandictionary.com

This phrase is usually used as "You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister!", meaning that however much a person apologizes, their apology will not be accepted. Made popular by George in the Seinfeld "India" episode.
Jerry: George, I'm sorry I slept with Nina.

George: You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister!

Jerry: I wish you'd quit saying that!

G'night, all

within
February 14th, 2009, 09:02 AM
good morning mawd

happy valentines day....wont you be mine.:lilheart:

Off to run some errands and get the day going....how bout you all?

Each day i feel stronger...thanks you guys!

Poetry from Kid...French from Delta...I'm glad we have some quality tv quotes as well. Thanks Lena!!!! :)Culture must be broad and diverse.

have a nice day my friends...until we meet again -
:l

within
February 14th, 2009, 09:04 AM
:naughtfeet: why do i keep getting the urge to get my toes done????

lenaleed
February 14th, 2009, 10:11 AM
That ain't yer toes gettin' done, Within!

Kid -- You mean you want a Manny? I see guys in the salon getting hands and feet done all the time. They call it an "executive" mani/pedi. Actually, in a way it's doing us women a favor on both counts. A little extra grooming ups the odds of (see within's last post).

Have a great weekend, all. -- Lena

Kid Shelleen
February 14th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Maybe they're drying the toe polish faster!

Before we go any further;
I HAVE NO INTEREST IN GETTING A "MANNY".
Really, I just wanted some attention!
Fingers, toes, whatever! ;)
-Kid-

within
February 14th, 2009, 01:21 PM
i guess my last post didnt stick

anyway...
I think I will give myself a pedi and meet mr hubby later.

Lena..I agree....the manny really does score points with the ladies.

have fun you guys,
day 7af!!!!!:)

Kid Shelleen
February 14th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Come on day...

Let's get a move on...

Doing duty with ED here.
Haven't seen one patient IMO
that couldn't have stayed home and watched TV.
What's left in here?
*A heroin addict in withdrawal
*A psych patient who keeps finding telephones to call the police and report his nursing home
*A kidney infection with 103 fever
* A lady who just got a Wii machine, now has a sore arm that we are working up as a cardiac event..

If it get more interesting, I'll tell you a story.
-Kid-

startingover
February 14th, 2009, 03:46 PM
LMAO Kid! The lady with the Wii machine :-)

Sunbeam
February 14th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Hi Everybody,
I try to be a thread booster, but I'm down at the moment: I have a 100o fever and plane tickets to Vegas tomorrow. Doesn't look good. Same thing happened last year, with plans for Florida.

Also, the plane down in Buffalo was a couple of hours away - very sombering.

Kid, I thought you might be more of a limerick poetry guy, they're bawdy. We have a book of them somewhere, I was going to post one. Maybe it would balance out that Manny.

Within, you sound great!

Ask, how fun! Could you ever fall in love again? It is the most fun thing!

I love You!

vlad
February 14th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Vlad is back from -20?C temperatures! How's everyone doing... well I suppose I could read the posts, but I'm tired and can't be bothered.

vlad
February 14th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Kid Shelleen;547477 wrote: Do I have to get polish?
LOL! Read that as 'polish' as in 'I am polish.' or 'I speak polish.' Was thinking you were asking if you had to become 'polish'.

Ha! ha! Dobry wiecz?r!

vlad
February 14th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Obviously the cold has gone to my head...

Eve11
February 14th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Hi friends,
Back from the VERY cold midwest. Had to give the eulogy so that was stressful as well. MIL was sick with flu and a cold so she missed the wake and wasn't in much condition to do the fine tuning that goes into these events so I was busy getting pix put together for a memory board among many other things.
Glad to be back home. On a positive note was great to see relatives and spend time that allowed me to develop a better bond with many of them.
Did have one night of questionable drinking as quite a few of us sat in the kitchen and shared stories and consumed wine. I didn't get drunk but I definitely had more than 2. Makes me wonder why I am able to do that sometimes - ability to keep up with the others that are drinking more than 2-3 - and not get too drunk and other times I'm on my butt. Did have the glut and kudzu so I don't know if there's a correlation with not getting as drunk when on these? I usually find I take them with the thought that they'll help me to quit at 2.
Because I didn't make a fool of myself I felt ok about it but still a little bugged that I didn't just switch to water or non - al.
Have been with hubby for 20+ years so many of the relatives have noticed my drinking problem. None were there that night but the other days we got together I was proud that I was able to keep it to 1 or 2 at the most and say no thanks to the 3rd when others were still imbibing.
The mod things always has me wondering. I'm still open to the fact that I may have to say one day "You know I just have to be AF because I can't guarantee I can stop at my 2-3 limit". This is something I'm still wondering about.
Are any of you finding you're modding pretty well but then having a night of a lot more drinking than you intended? This question is posed to lurkers/visitors as well - not just our mod squad regulars.
Eve11

vlad
February 14th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Is it colder than -20?C Eve?

Sunbeam
February 15th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Well, we are going to Vegas. I feel better than I did yesterday evening, I am less congested than I was thanks to the nasal irrigation I've mentio0ned previously. Viva Las Vegas, see ya later alligators!

DeeBee
February 15th, 2009, 02:34 AM
Oh dear, i thought I'd just quickly poke my nose in to say hi but these's so much to catch up on.... please forgive me, i'll try pop back later.

Hope everyone is having and fantastic Sunday and you all got lots of loving (wink wink) on Valentines.

Kid Shelleen
February 15th, 2009, 07:57 AM
You're not kidding!

Same thing here DB..
I'm working with Ed this morning and thought I'd pop in too...
LOTS of posts to catch up on.
I'll peruse them and try to hit the high points...

Have GREAT fun Sunbeam. I haven't been to Vegas in 30 years and I was pretty young then. I wonder if Cat would like that sort of thing? I'll percolate on it...

Eve: I'm glad that is all behind you now. It sounds like you held the line with drinking but I understand what you are feeling.
I think Modding keeps us from really overdoing,
but can we count on it?
Obviously, once our frontal lobe and impulse/judgement control centers get soaked, we are in trouble!
So we can't let that happen.
Being able to Mod means making that decision before hand.
Stop at your limit.
After that ; we cross our fingers!
There may be some close calls like you had;
but that's how we learn.
I use the "red square" on the "Drink Tracker" to mark days I went over limit, or drank when I didn't intend to, as a reminder.

New patient...
G2G
~Kid~

within
February 15th, 2009, 09:14 AM
morning modders

Eve, don't get down. You just went through a very stressful time. No matter the event or occasion, I think we all have some sort of relationship with alc that causes us to maybe overthink or question every action...which actually leads to giving it too much attention. am i making sense???? I agree with kid...its about making the decision before hand. Really making the decision and visualizing how it will play out..that evening and even the day after. Eventually, hopefully, this will be easier. Right now what has helped me is to map out the evening before hand. so far its helping me...but, I am new to this.

Heading to a dinner party this evening. Such a loving, dancing, wine crowd of people. I am going to stay af.....in a wine glass or course. And I am still going to dance....the tango.

kid, ed...the emergency dept? my text vocab is awful..i read it like latin, ubi ubi est meum sub ubi?

Sun enjoy vegas...are you seeing any shows? play a nickle slot for me. and if you win big on it...we can discuss the details later!!!:H

vlad... its -3C right now. And that feels kinda warm.

hows everyone else??? hope the weekend is treating everyone well......

Btw...my toenails are dry now!!!!!!

have fun out there and enjoy the sunshine:l

Eve11
February 15th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Vlad-I believe it was about that temp. The state I'm from originally is even colder. They'd call school off only at 60 below. You still went at 55 below. AWFUL!

Kid-Thanks for the words of wisdom. I never noticed the red flag on the drinktracker but I'll check it out. Sounds good - another way to remind ourselves.

Within: Liked your words of wisdom: "Really making the decision and visualizing how it will play out..that evening and even the day after." Thanks.

Sunbeam: Have fun! We go there every year-too bad we're not going at the same time as I'd invite you to meet for a drink...non al of course!!

Hi to everyone. Sitting at home with a cold trying to catch up on mail, emails, etc. Will post more later this week.

Stay warm everyone.
Hugs,
Eve11

Eve11
February 15th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Kid
Want to pact to be AF this week Sun 15th - Thursday 19th.
Thanks!
Eve11

vlad
February 15th, 2009, 04:51 PM
How do you get the DrinkTracker to do the 'red square' (lol, red square :H) thing Kid? I've tried to do this, but it doesn't work - is it something to do with start and end dates???

Kid Shelleen
February 15th, 2009, 05:32 PM
............................................PACT Rats................................

Mod Pacts INVITATIONS:
*Eve: Sunday 2/15 thru thursday 2/19
*Kid : Wednesday and Thursday then Saturday
(longer if anyone joins me)
*Sara: ODAT? Let's commit! (no,ODAT is OK);)

ANYONE ELSE??

(or start a new one)

Kid Shelleen
February 15th, 2009, 09:09 PM
It was a long day at the ER...

I stayed logged in most of the day as I worked.
Thanks, Modders, for keeping me company
and thanks especially,
to the few of you that PMd to chat.
It really made my day pleasant and my 12 hours go by quickly.
Now I'm safe in my recliner, my tummy is full
and I'm happy.
I hope you are all as happy as I am.
~Kid~