Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 9th Feb

Hey! Where's everyone??
    It's Monday afternoon peeps, come and check in.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to catch up with the weekend news, just wanted to quickly pop in and say HELLOOOOO...:anyone:
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Right, all caught up... not much to catch up... I hope that's because everyone was too busy having FUN!!

Vladster, I'm thinking of you on holiday -- can't wait for you to come back.

Zed, (snif) what more can I say. Hamba Kahle (go well)

Ask, sneeky you.... do tell, what's the deal with "internet guy"???

Kid, where art thou?? You know how I plutz if people don't check in.

Eve and DM, I am sending you strength to get throught the week and find peace and joy at the end of it.

Vera, we haven't heard from you in a while -- what's news oh beautiful one!

Sun, Cycle, Lena, Jude and within, How are you?

Well my weekend was just awesome thanks.
    We dusted off the ole boat and took it up to the dam for the day. A bunch of friends and family met us there and we cooked breakfast on the skottle and threw name on the wake-board.
    It has been ages since I've been on the wake-board (I think I might be too old for it lol) and I am hurting EVERYWHERE today.

And the best thing about my day -- it was AF!! Might sound a little odd but last summer we spent every weekend at the dam and it involved copius amounts of wine, passing out and drinking again. TG those days are behind me.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

sounds wonderful

Hey Dee: Joy! You experienced joy without wine!
      I remember when I could find joy in almost anything. Small steps for me but that's my goal. Joy without wine. For me its like relearning life.
      My weekend was successful. Not awesome by any stretch but a step in the right direction.
      a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

I'm here today, feeling really strong.

I am successfully titrating off the Topamax and am finding that those old alcohol cravings I had at 5:45 every evening are no longer there. I am so glad I followed the MWO program it was the perfect program for me. I'm also glad I went 60 days instead of the 30 I needed that extra time to contemplate on whether I wanted to allow alcohol to be in my life and if so, what kind of relationship it was going to take.

DeeBee sounds like you had some dam fun! within good that you can join us. Have you caught up on our stories by reading the old threads yet? Sunbeam has a good story in the My Story section.

I echo Deebs in asking about the others, hope everyone's weekend was good. I think this full moon must have made folks a little bit crazy! :nutso:
        vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Monday and the start of a new beautiful week! The weekend was good-full of friends and family and a show on Sat. night that I hadn't planned on. I had two glasses of Chard. to get thru. I pacted for AF Sat.thru next Fri. and broke the pact. :bow Asking for forgiveness here. I am committed to the rest of the week and can't forsee any reason that I can't keep it.

Cyclefan- you sound great and I am thinking that a good length of time AF would be good for me too. The longest stint I've done is 22 days but I am going to go for a longer commitment especially with my hubby not drinking now and lent coming up. How do you feel the Topa helped you during this time? Have you attempted moderating yet?

Deebs- what a great weekend at the dam - and sober! I'm proud of you! :thumbs:

I am looking forward to more MWO time this week and miss you all.
          Toughen up!

Comment

Delta Moon I came to MWO because I was drinking a bottle of bourbon a week (cocktails every night...wheeee!!!) and needed some help to stop. It was habit more than anything but I don't like doing things the hard way so I chose the easy way which was Topamax and the CD's, and of course using the resources here at the website. My intention was to learn to moderate my alcohol intake so I was very serious to follow the program as it was laid out in the My Way Out book, I figured why mess with success? After I abstained for 30 days I really didn't feel like I was ready to try to moderate yet, so I abstained for another 35 or so. I waited for a neutral day; no stressors, no real alcohol cravings, no anger, in other words nothing that would put a negative connotation to having a cocktail, made some nice snacks to go along with (wookiehole cheese and crackers and some hard salami) and poured a cocktail and sat to drink and enjoy it while visiting with my husband. After that I got up and cooked us a nice dinner.

Since then, that was a friday evening in mid January, I have had a couple more cocktails in the same type of setting, and a couple of times we had a glass of wine with dinner. I am happy, this is what I had in mind when I planned to have an adult relationship with alcohol...take it or leave it, but enjoy it when I had it.

I also meant to say that I am aware that I need to remain vigilant. This is early days yet for me.

Yes, the Topa helped me immensely but I am glad to be going off it. It did make me rather disinterested and I feel myself perking up now that I'm titrating down. I should be completely off by this time next week.
            vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Thanks, cyclefan for sharing your story. You sound very clear and focused. I pray someday I may feel that way too.
              Blessings
              Toughen up!

Comment

My longest friend Deebs,
                You sound great - so am I. I continue to feel like I have more time in my life to do the things I really enjoy, not drinking. I'm not thrilled that I had three glasses of wine last Friday night, but the world won't end. It was red wine, which gives me night sweats, even at that amount these days. A good reminder of why I don't drink much any more. I only had six glasses in the whole month of January!

I just ordered a cold frame to extend my gardening season. I've been hearing some stories about starting seeds at colder than traditional temperatures, and I want to play around with that. I had one a long time ago, used it for cooler season plants including broccoli, spinach, cabbage.

Eve, my belated condolences regarding your FIL. My prayers are with you and yours.

Cyclefan, you sound good. Vigilance will serve you well always.

Delta Moon,I was thrilled to read that not only you are working things out with your hubby, but he is not longer drinking??!! What a victory, a start on a new life!

Within, I definitely have the joy back in my life. Way better things to do than drink. My life is filled with many opportunities, but it is up to me to take advantage of them. I use Drink Tracker daily, and believe it has been key for the honesty I needed to get my drinking to and keep it at the current low level. One glass of wine = 5oz., 1 bottle = 5 glasses. I probably don't need it any more, but I still like filling it out.

Take good care, all of you.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

monday night

hello mods
                  hope all is well. I am doing ok. Biting my nails but hanging on!
                  Sun,you sound well. I am inspired. I want to thank everyone for the honesty in these posts. It really helps.
                  Sun, i have a questions about the night sweats. Is that common. I have been having severe night sweats for several....my doc said it might be hormonal but maybe it was all the wine?
                  Last night I was AF and still had sweats...
                  sorry to get all gross on you all ....I will stop talking about sweating!
                  cycle..i like your approach and thinking. Association is a strong influence. Drinking under the right conditions can make all the difference in the world.
                  Thanks again for all the support i find here. hope you all have a restful night...see you tuesday.

Comment

HideHo Modders.

Well another day finished (TG)! I can't believe how extreemly exhausted I am... surely it can't only be from going NF?
                    I honestly am batteling to keep my eyes open during the day which doesn't help as I am on the road this week and travelling next week so I really do need to get this sorted out.
                    I was moaning to hubby last night that the last couple of days have really been tough with the cravings and he said to me, "if it's that bad, then just smoke again" WTF!!! :durn: I will not start smoking again, I'm sure I'm over the worst now.

Within, you just hang in there -- I will go AF with you this week -- PACT, K.

Sun, as always I just love your posts. Isin't it great that to you 3 glasses of wine is not acceptable or part of your goal whereas just over a year ago that would've been the norm. You really have come a long way.:yougo:

Hi Cycle, DM and all to come.

Where is Kid, has anyone heard from him lately? All the men in our lives are dissapearing:creepydude:

Well hubby is away tonight and that would normally send me into a state of anxiety and panic because he's not here to watch over me. Amazing what strength we find within us when we need to.... I am not anxious, nor worried anymore, the daughter and I have treated ourselved to a ready cooked meal from Woolworths. The bonus about hubby going away is we get to touch and hold the remote for the evening.:H

Comment

morning everyone

Thanks for all the posts. How is everyone doing?
                      Deeb, I will go AF. I am nervous about sat. Val day. What are your thoughts about that holiday. When i think about it i think about a nice glass of red wine out at dinner.
                      Hope you all have nice days....:l

Comment

Hi Guys,
                        Deebs it sounds like you are feeling EXACTLY like me, I am on day 5 NF, no patches and SO tired. Any ideas? I think it can be quite common to suffer from fatigue for up to 4 weeks. Its because Nic is a stimulant...
                        I hope everyone is OK? It seems a bit quiet in here this week?
                        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Buddies,
                          I had a great idea for a new thread but was typing FIL's obituary at the same time (jumping back and forth) and accidentally posted the obit on the new thread! So, had to quickly delete that and now no time to start the thread. So, when we're back from the funeral I'd get around to posting it. Have little access to internet where I'm going so will *see* you all soon in about a week unless I can make my way to a computer in the cold forsaken place I'm going to and manage to lurk here or there.
                          Cycle Fan, enjoyed your post. Hi to others - no time to write more so hugs to you all.
                          Eve11
                          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

startingover;543712 wrote: Hi Guys,
                            Deebs it sounds like you are feeling EXACTLY like me, I am on day 5 NF, no patches and SO tired. Any ideas? I think it can be quite common to suffer from fatigue for up to 4 weeks. Its because Nic is a stimulant...
                            I hope everyone is OK? It seems a bit quiet in here this week?
                            I know Starts, it's damn draining!! I'll draaaaagggggg ouuuuttt the Patrick Hodford book and see if there are any suggestions to perk us up.

BTW, :goodjob: hang in there Starts, we only have to do this once.

Comment

Eve, I can't wait to see your new thread -- you have me intrigued now.
                              How are you holding up otherwise? All my love to you and your family.

Within, what is Val day?
                              Have you ever tried AF beer? I am a wine drinker through and through but I found a nice cold glass of AF beer when there is a special occassion and I am AF really hits the spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X