Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August 2nd

Hi All,

:w OLD AND NEW moderators. What a great response! Happy to see everyone checking in for August. WE CAN DO THIS!! Our own personalized programs that is.

I saw a thought running through yesterday's thread . . . RULES . . . I have a tough time with rules myself! I did suggest a plan as I was on mods for awhile without a plan. I have a tendency to fly by the seat of pants and found a plan kept me more in touch with the reality of what my drink count was.

I get an email from the Universe daily - this was one that I found rather thought provoking because if you want it . . . It is yours!
    __________________________________________________ _______________

I do hereby proclaim that today shall be the first day of the most exciting time of your life.

Think of it,
    The Universe

__________________________________________________ ___________

Had one scotch last night - really nice brand and it went down smooth, took the edge of the day. Not a scotch drinker so one was plenty.
    Didn't exercise
    Drank 7 glasses of water (missed 3 huh?)
    Let my hubby take me to dinner as I finished work about 7:30 and didn't have a thing taken out for dinner. (My very nice thing for me, I am usually the one that takes us out!)
    Was on benadryl all day so slept like a baby last night.

We find out today about my mom and chemo. Praying like crazy she will not need it. 92 lbs is not much to fight chemo onslaught with.

Have a banquet this evening, may have a glass of wine there - see what is being offered!

Hope everyone has the first day of the MOST exciting time of your lives!
    :l :h
    Mary

August 2nd

Hey Mary, Praying for you & you're Moma...:h :l .
    92lbs is pretty little. But remember great things come in small packages! Being all of 5' 1" I'm firm believer in that!

I got taken out to dinner last night too! It was a nice suprise... Just when I was thinking there was no romance in my life... Go Figure!:h

Yeah,.... Rules....I feel like I need to set some closer guidelines for myself, but I also don't want to set myself up for failure! I think as long as I keep myself busy, and responsible, I won't have time to screw up ... at least like I did in "The Days of Old"... But i do want to do better than that!

I know I am in reality doing soo much better than I was 8 months ago(when I found this program)...I just have to look @ my quality of life, ...what I do every day...But I also have to remain...VERY VIGILANT because I know how easily I can slip into old habits.
    I know I still have that little deamon voice inside me... if I allow it. I just have to be stonger than it is!

"Perspective.... Use it .... or Loose It!" R. Bache
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

August 2nd

I also did not add any af days to my "guidelines" this time around. I am leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow afternoon and that did not seem like a good idea.

Last month, I did not want to go and was very worried about it, but now I am kind of looking forward to it. I have to go anyway, the tickets were bought months ago. Hubby has to go to school while there, I am going to have a little break from the kiddies before the really big stress of school starting.

I know there are a couple of you going this month and here is a couple of things I found to do that are not all about drinking and gambling.

1. Fremont Street. See the Neon Museum, lots of stuff here
      2. The Shark Reef at the Mandalay Bay
      3. Madame Tussand Wax Museum at the Venetian Hotel
      4. The Stratosphere
      5. The Water show at the Bellasio
      6. The Ansel Adams Exhibit at the Gallery of Fine Art in the Bellasio.
      7. There are 2 Imax Theaters in town too

Now I am a major geek, so I am going to try to get to the Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton. I might have to give up the Ansel Adams Exhibit for this one. :lol

Laura
      Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

August 2nd

Hello all - hope everyone is well....
        Mary - I am thinking of you and hope the news is good today. Hugs and prayers to you, our dear friend!!!!
        I have to make this quick since I am facing some major deadlines at work - just wanted to say hello - to check in and wish everyone a good day. Saw a good friend last night - had a couple of drinks and was amazed again how my mentality has gone from "pounding back" as many drinks as I can fit into the span of a few hours to actually sitting back and enjoying those couple of drinks and the company I am with! Its amazing.
        I love you all - Mary, let us know when you hear anything, if you want - I pray, pray pray everything is okay!
        Jen
        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

August 2nd

Mary--I too, am thinking of you and your mom.
          Yes, I love the fact that we can be about Plans and not necessarily about Rules! There's another thread going somewhere about finding things to do in place of the old drinking time and breaking the habit. Once school starts and the kids activities starts up again I think, personnally, that will help me. I am trying not to pour anything for myself other than water or lemonade before 7pm. A far cry on these summer nights from past years...if you know what I mean! Tomorrow, I will meet some friends that I haven't seen in years. I used to get very anxious about such evenings...even cancel because I would be afraid that I would do as Jen said...Pound em back as fast as I can...in my case, make an ass of myself...But, I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow...I intend on having a beer, maybe two...and ending the night with a flavored coffee so I'll be up for a nice sober drive home (I'm using the power of visualisation!!!)
          Las Vegas sounds like a blast---it is amazing how much is out there and fun---
          I love you all too.
          Sm-mary

Comment

August 2nd

Happy 2nd

Mary you and your mother will be added to my prayers again, hope she does well no matter the coarse......

Laura, thanks for the ideas while in Vegas, won't have much spare time, but will need some AF activities to do while there! Sounds fun!!

Yeah, our best laid plans (strict as mine are usually ) are easily ruined, but I mean well, we shall see how this month goes!! All I can do is try!!

Today was the best day of the beginning of the rest of my (and hopefully all of our) lifes.............

Hope you'all have/had a peacefull/enjoyable one,

:l
            Mary Anne

Comment

August 2nd

Just got in off of the river! Had a great afternoon with my doggie & the river... and a bit of tunes cranked up here & there thru the canyon on the upstream paddle...; downstream.. I kinda like to relax, and listen a bit more...

My dog is such a little nut! On the way home, he was whining,... probably getting hungry(he's not on topa..."duh...mom!")I did share my string cheez w/him... Anyway,... I mentioned chow , chow,... and he stands up on his hind legs on the bow of the kayak! Doing the Hula w/out the skirt! guess ya had to be there ,...We're in the middle of the river... at least 50 ft deep ... and he's on his hind legs dancing on the bow of the kayak! Just too CUTE! Yep that's him in the picture! gonna have to update that somehow...:l ,....Judie
              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

August 2nd

Belated August 2nd...

Hi all -

Just had to post one more thought here even tho' it's the 3rd. Had a little oops on Monday night. 4 scotches instead of my usual 2. Felt it on Tuesday - yukkie. I was back on program Tuesday night. Feel much better this morning (the 3rd). Trying now to analyze why I do that when it happen - part of it was the da** heat I think it had been hovering around 100 for several days and I don't tolerate heat well. The house had been closed up like a tomb to keep the ac from running all the time and it was just going from the car to the office to the car to the office...etc etc.. no outdoor time. At any rate, I'm back on track - thanks to this great support group. Nice to know you can have a little "blip" and still get back up and go on. Good Thursday all...Friday's just around the corner and it's a cool 65 degrees here this morning. I'm off for a walk soon.

Trish
                Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
                Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
                Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
                : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
                "

Comment

Working...
                X