new to this getting campral, on revia and at the cottage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi guys, you are all wonderful. I just ordered all the stuff. mom in early forties, three children under 6. good marriage I guess, up atthe cottage, party central. anyway, from ontario canada so have ordered campral after googling andresearching it. remained abstinent after nightly bottle or 2 per wine per evening for 3 months after 21 day rehab program, had to be abstinent before and then some after time. relapsed up north at cottage because was so damn uptight at everyone else drinking and feeling like I was so hard done by, stupid I know, have health beautiful kids etc. we all know the drill, anyway this prgram has given me hope. I also believe the revia or naltraxone has helped. I can have and have had 2 glasses of wine a night and that is it. lastnight I had 3 so I slipped but my goal is to not go to bed drunk and to remember everything. is that okay???????????????? so many say no. Anyway, I just felt like I was white knuckling and feeling sorry for myself. also on anti depressant zoloft and buspar. anyway, what I am asking is anyone else at the cottage and having difficultly. Also, I know how to get campral, not available in canada if anyone is interested. thanks and blessings to all of you.

Hi there and welcome

Hi brunello
    If you have gone from 2 bottles of wine to 2 glasses - and even when you "slipped" and had 3 - I would say you have greatly improved. I know how hard it can be at a cottage when everyone else is drinking!
    Hey - I am in ontario too and I am VERY familar with the "up north" cottage scene
    Where up north are you?
    Cheers
    Jen
    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

cottage

Hi, I am on Lake Joseph, I am just getting familiar with the site. just figured outhow to get a response from you. glad you got back to me. I saw you supporting someone else and Your words of encouragment were wonderful. I am soooooooooooo tired up here, I think I had 4 glasses, probably at least a bottle last night as we had compnay. today I will chill. I am wondering if I actually have a hangover. I jsut have no energy at all. where are you and how are you doing. Lisa:w :w :w :w

Comment

stellar

hi,

i was reading this thread and it sounds so much like what i am experiencing right now. i am 42 married, have 2 beautiful children, a supportive husband, etc, but having financial difficulties, and am drinking more that i would like to. 2 bottles of wine per night.

i am so sick of pepole telling me that i need to go to a detox, etc facility, i do not get drunk every night, just comfortably numb... i guess i have a high tolerance. i am not a loser, i just know i need to cut down and would love to try these medications. i don' t have hangovers every nihgt, etc, i just know that i need to cut back and it sounds like these meds are working for you guys... why are the doctors so reluctant to prescribe them??

if you have any suggestions or input on this matter, i would love it!

thanks,
        saundra

Comment

hi guys,

i registered now so i hope you will reply to my posts

saundra

Comment

hi brunello,

i am the same age as you with 2 kids and would like to talk about your success with this program.

thanks,

saundra

Comment

I'm having such a hard time figuring out how to talk on this website.but would like to say I think the topamax is a miracle. At low dose I have cut my drinking to no more than two at at time and have gone several nights with nothing and am fine with it.I am not white knuckling it at all. I feel yhis is finally what it is to be a social drinker.it's only been a week so I will have to see if itcontinues.I have read the book and am tryingthe supplements although and having a hard time swallowing them all.Will start the hypnosis soon.I can't emphasize how dramatic the change the medication has made it.Chemical changes in the brain are dramatic I wish the medicalprofession which I am part of would catch up.

Comment

back home on campral

okay guys, started witht he campral, had a glass of wine, ofcourse had to try it, and my face got flushed and red, felt weird. anyone else have that problem. also, have not taken it as directed, 3 times a day etc . will start today. let you know how it goes. my doctor told me topomax was an anti epelleptic, however, he never heard of campral as well. got the whole kit but have not read the book, will finish it by weekend and start fresh monday. abstinene , was going to moderate but lastnight drank too much and can see the escalation happening. hate it. do not want to be dependant on it. because I am on naltraxone , had such a grand headache, took codiene and did not work ofcourse because naltraxone is blocking the recepltors, forgot about that little nuance.

Comment

Working...
                X