Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those that don't know who Anthony Kiedis is he's the lead singer with The Red Hot Chilli Peppers!

My brother bought me this book for my birthday (knowing of my own hell with addiction I presume!!lol).

I've only just started my head back in reading mode tbh and have not had the time I would like to read more than the first 6 chapters (about 1/3rd of the book). But I've related to so much of the behavioral patterns in his story to my own. Definitely a good read for anyone who considers themselves an addict.

"A totally convincing and gripping account of the highs and lows of stardom. Although written chronologically this is more than another diary of a rock and roll band. Kiedis comes across at times as a man who has everything and nothing and his battle with drug addiction which flows through the pages from start to finish is both moving and horrifying. For RHCP fans it's good read, but for anyone who's been touched by addiction - in any form - this is essential."
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Ive got this too, I started reading it ages ago..got scared and stopped..I will start again..thanks Hippie
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Dur .... I thought this was about physical scars and since I have major 'scarrage' on my lower leg I thought I would head on over and see if there was a new treatment .... ha !

Never mind .... LOL
      ?We are one another's angels?
      Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Hippie,

I read a lot, thanks for this. It's now on my reading list. I grately appreciate it.

Be
        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Hoorah others have read it! That book was one of the big influences other than my boyfriend in getting me to face up to my problems, Anthony is such an amazing guy and I love his band all the more for reading this book. I leant my copy to my boyfriend in the hope that he'll learn as much about himself and the world as I did. Being reminded of this has given me a few good ideas to add to my plan for keeping this up, thanks for the reminder hippie.

To all you who haven't read it: shame on you xD This book will change your life, go, read, enjoy
          The way I change the past is by not repeating it
          -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

hi hips, i dont have the book but its sad that you can have everything you want but happiness,how many people say if i had a million dollars and it brings more pain thanks hipster gyco

Comment

Working...
            X