ODAT (One Day At A Time) Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, another AF day chalked up yesterday. It's hard when HB drinks but that's part of the lot of cards I've dealt myself. I felt bad for him this morning, he looked terrible. I'm getting better at separating our problems and just working on myself.

I've got lots of work to do again, I've got to get these damn corporate taxes done. It's supposed to get up to 40 today, a heat wave here, and even though it's supposed to rain, I want to get outside, some fresh air. I have some running around to do so I hope to squeeze it all in.

Had a PM from a new friend here. Just want to tell her hi and I hope she's doing okay. You know who you are

Take care, ODATers!
    Be
    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Good morning everyone! Have a great AF Wednesday!
    Becoming, it sounds like you are getting to a good place. Good for you!

Comment

Good morning world. Have a happy Wednesday. I have not had AL for months and I feel that bit by bit I am recovering and beginning to be able to find out how to behave without the use of AL. It is an interesting journey. Good luck all!!!
      Matt

Comment

Hi guys - am having some struggles but am doing okay, Looking forward to an AF day (a busy day) and then some nice relaxing time tonight.

It seems that the world never seems to stop moving and I'm always running with it........maybe it's time for a holiday?

Ah well, at least it's Wednesday - only a couple more left until the weekend.

Have a great one everyone!
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

Good Morning ODATers!
          You know...I'm really upset at myself for last night but I can't even make excuses for myself, there are none. I had done so well for 2 weeks (to the date actually) and blew it! I even told the gal I work with before I left I was going to the store to get a bottle of wine (I don't really ever even drink wine...only beer)...but I knew wine would give me the "feeling" I wanted...I didn't have that craving for it, I just had one of the crappiest days ever at work and felt like sh*t (and normally work is something I feel very good about as I think I do a great job with the kids I work with---trust me, I don't say many positive things about myself)....anyway...I drank...and what was funny....not as much as I normally 'could/would' have but....a lot...and woke up at 5 am with the HUGEST headache EVER...hadn't had one of those in forever...that sucked! But I'm at work...hoping to make it a better day...want to get the positive attitude back that I've had the past few days...dang it....I can't...no, I won't even say "oh, my job stressed me out, or caused me to drink....that's bullsh*t...I know it, you know it...I CHOSE to drink...plain and simple...stupid choice!
          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
          7/29/12

Comment

Hiya all..... just joined!!! Aint sure how this works - never bin on a forum before!!! Anyway i've decided to hold my hand up and admit i av a drink problem - this is gonna be my first night wi out wine in 8 years... bit scared of the withdrawls :-(

Comment

Hi Miss -- welcome, this is a great positive step. Come back often and let us know how you are doing. We definitely care and want to stay in touch with you. Lots of love,
              Matt

Comment

Yep, SD... you did! 30 lashes for you! I chose to drink 3 weeks ago. Dumb asses we are.
                What's your long term goal, hun? You've been modding? Or staying AF?

Welcome MissC - yep, white wine is my preferred poison as well! You're in very sympathetic company. Are you working on a plan yet? Read the book? Let us know how we can help, ok?

Everyone else.. happy humpday.... no time.. love y'all - and ... oh... I'm one week away from 30 days... who woulda ever thunk, eh?
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Miss Chardonay,

You might want to introduce yourself with a new thread in this Starting Out section. Lots of people will welcome you, I'm sure.

Keep on truckin', eggy!
                  Be
                  "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Hi all ODAT'rs

Welcome MissC you have come to a great place. Do as the others suggested start off with the book and take it from there. Today is a new day Sdlove, you did 2 weeks, pick yourself up and start again. I know from experience that its too easy to get sucked back in.

I have the same problem Becoming. Hubby still drinks but can call halt, I can when with him but not when I drink alone. Had another AF night last night, its much easier when he is away as when he is at home the wine is opened there on the counter.

Hi to everyone else and have a great Wednesday.

Rustop

Comment

Thanks so much rusto!!! I really needed to hear that!! I really do recognize what I did!! I absolutly won't let al suck me back in--no way. Maybe I should take up kick boxing or something instead?! LOL!! I even told my mom---dunno why...and it wasn't like I was drunk or anything...it was just how I handled being upset...I don't like that...that's for the encouragement...today is going to be great!
                      Thanks again--hug--
                      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                      7/29/12

Comment

AAhhh, Wednesday

SD--get right back on track. Funny how we can "talk ourselves into it" isn't it? I have done that, literally argued with myself in the car.

Be and Matt--excellent jobs you two.
                        MissC--welcome--this is a great place.

Week is trudging along with some bad news and rough spots and I am doing my best. Therapy today. Antabuse waiting for me at the pharmacy--internal dialogue about whether to wait until AFTER vacation to take it. Trying to convince myself I can have one or two drinks on the beach and stop--maybe I can??

OPINIONS, anyone? Be brutally honest.

Comment

Working...
                        X