Need help for my spare tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the latest in abdoman exercises? I have one of those big balls, I tried it once and kept falling off the damn thing. (I'm only 5'2"). Anybody have any luck with one? Whenever I try sit ups my neck kills me. Can you recommend any good books, tapes or whatever. I refuse to start wearing elastic waistbands. No freakin way! I just took my measurements. I'm 37x35x361/2. Gross! All my weight is in my stomach. I'm 125 lbs. My nice butt went south years ago (need some exercises for that too), so I have no hips left which makes my stomach look even worse. I need a tummy tuk. That's what I need! lease: :help!
    Starting over again
    ray:

Me toooooooooo.... lemme know when you've found something!
    I've gained so much weight since quitting AL and Cigs... I'm so disgusted with myself
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Come on the abercise thread theirs lot of ladies on it that have had good luck with toneing weight lost, etc. . Doggy girl has made a great recovery.......she's on that thread. It's usually goes by a monthly title. IAD
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

The most effective thing I've found yet is pilates. Three times a week, 20 minutes a day and you will notice a HUGE difference in your waist, abdomen and no more backaches (if you have them).
        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Yes, Pilates and some Cardio. I'm going to Zumba class tonight. It's my second time. you can check it out at Zumba.com. And no it is not just for young 20 year olds. The other night a woman in her late 60's was Zumba(ing). Fun Fun Salsa, Latino dancing.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

LC, I don't have any advice to offer. Just want to say I love the title of your thread...LOL!!
            :l
            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Hey last call-

I have joined a group at work and we are playing "The Biggest Loser". I could stand to lose ten pounds, but my eye is on the $$$$!!!!

I have increased my excercise regime because of this game and was on this thread looking for some new ideas. I do leg lifts as part of my core work....here is a youtube for you to watch. Hope it helps!

flyin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP45ZJd3TIM[/video]]YouTube - Effective Abdominal Exercises - Floor Leg Lifts

Comment

If you check you local gym and fitness centres you should find classes for fitball. You can do all sorts of exercises with the fitball, with all of them focused on abs or core strength. In fact the classes I do are called core strength. I recently bought a book called Strong and Stable by Lisa Westlake for $8AUD. It has all the fitball exercises in it.

If you neck hurts, you can lie on your back with your legs placed on the fitball and do sit-ups that way. My favourite exercise is to sit on the ball, lift my legs off the ground and try to balance. Uses all your core strenght without putting strain on the rest of your body and it is fun challenge.

Comment

Last call.....I know this is an old thread but........Spare tire, I've got that and 3 more white walls ! Ha! IAD
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Nia for me!

HI, All,
                    My favorite form of aerobic exercise is Nia. It is a dance-based fitness program that integrates dance arts with healing arts like yoga, and martial arts. It gives me wings! You can learn more about it at Nia | Through Movement We Find Health, nianow.com

Comment

I use an exercise ball for my computer chair!:H
                      In between posts, I do sit-ups, and side to side movements...
                      I've gotten pretty good @ "ball" room dancing..on my butt too! LOL
                      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

I find that swimming is really good as you are tonning all of your body at once and you can do as much or as little as you like.
                        :dancin: enguin:
                        starting over

Comment

No Bikini this year

After I quit drinking I craved chocolate, then I stopped smoking and started putting things in my mouth. This is only the second year of my life that I won't be wearing a bikini.
                          The medication I am taking doesn't help either. I'm on Wellbutrin and Seroquel - both of which causes weight gain.
                          I'm just not used to being fat - so feeling low and sluggish. I live in Canada and we still have snow here - need I say more.
                          I go to exercise classes twice a week - that's just not cutting it.

Comment

Working...
                          X