Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

abit about me!

Hello everyone!
    I've been trying to do the program for a few months now, with some success. I would definitely class myself more as a problem drinker - also have a long standing eating disorder which doesn't help matters as I crave alcohol when I don't manage to eat enough!
    The approach of this program helps me because it focusses on cutting down and control rather than on failure - which I'm all to ready to think I am. Its the summer hols (I 'm in the UK) so my stress levels are way up - I have 2 lovely boys of 6 and 7 and a baby girl of 11 months. Not to mention the fact that my eldest broke his arm on the first day of the hols so we are really restricted to what we can do!
    I find the hypnotic tapes really help. I have been taking kudzu but no prescription meds as I need a driving license and with my eating dis and depression history would almost def lose it if I told my GP what I am doing. What I hate about this is the total predudice that goes with alcohol problems and any mental disorder.
    I was just reading one story and could relate to taking overdoses and being sectioned. Thankfully I'm through that and would encourage anyone feeling that bad that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Thanks to all of you as I can relate to so many of the stories and it helps no end to know I'm not alone.
    Jesus said"Come unto me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    Take My yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls.
    For my yolk is easy and My burden is light
    "

abit about me!

Hi Evie

I'm fairly new to this site and programme and feeling that this could be IT!! I'm also in the UK - London, and have had an eating disorder (now pretty much under control). I have been taking supplements and recently read the book and am feeling a lot more positive about cutting down and gaining control over drinking. Tomorrow i'm going to see my GP about topamate - fingers crossed he'll give me a prescription!! Please don't feel down - because there is only one way forward which is to take a step at a time to a new and happier you! It's not easy but we're all in the same boat>

I wish you all the best, keep coming to this wonderful site, theres soo much support here.

All the best and all my blessings,

Marina

Comment

abit about me!

Hi evie and marina-

I was asking about eating disorders and drinking awhile back - I too have an eating disorder but can't say it's exactly under control.
      At the beginning of this year I decided to quit smoking and was able to do it. Then I figured I'd try getting the drinking under control...the eating disorder thing will have to be third I suppose.
      I was just tired of being tied down to three addictions- I don't share any of this with anyone. Only a few friends even knew I smoked - no one at work or even family. Can't imagine telling them about the drinking and eating issues. Anyway- thought I'd post and let you know I'm right there with you.
      Hope you are both doing well...

Lisa

Comment

Working...
      X