• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Film Ever

Gonna start another one here chaps....
    Whats your favourite film?

Mines,....... Jaws

Absolutley scared the crap out of me when i was about 10.
    Just love the atmosphere,and characters.....

So come on...Everyones got one........Mackeral
    LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.........
    IT CANT GET ANY WORSE.............

Best Film Ever

Errmmm Well Gotta be ' One Flew Over...' Ken Kewsey - Colorado ... experimented with LSD since 1959. Wrote depicting Nurse Ratched whom personified the power of the government. ( be o ell ell o kay ess ) think phonetically. He subjected himself to tests with LSD to futher his cause with the general enigma of the mentally unstable. Jack Nicholson, for me, will always be McMurphy ( take off the Mc and that's me - Murphy Girl - Maiden name - always will be... )

Second... Rainman.. Just because... There is knowledge on a higher level that we do not comprehend... and yet they are mocked and pigeon holed.

Third... Silence of the lambs... Unbelievable intellengence, channelled .. pourquoi?
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Best Film Ever

I will have to go with a John Cusak movie from the 80s. I will go with "Say Anything", although I also liked "The Sure Thing" and "Better off Dead". I also have to give mention to "Unforgiven" as I thought that was a great Western.

Comment

Best Film Ever

I have to go with Star Wars. Not Star Trek! Star Wars! I liked all of originals and I like the new ones too. Princess Leah and Princess/Senator Amadalla (not sure of the spelling) both drove/drive me wild. My boys like them too the movies not the girls (yet).

Comment

Best Film Ever

Wings of Desire, hands down.

Comment

Best Film Ever

AAAHHHH...Of coarse...The Princess Leah outfit in Return Of The Jedi....Who could forget....
            Think i had the figure....
            Not for the outfit, i mean the toy...
            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Best Film Ever

Best Films

Guess I'm an old Fart............turned 55 yesterday. I'm an old film fanatic. Cagney, Bogart, Cooper, Wayne, Stewart..
              Favorite Films: The Searchers, Casablanca, Northwest Passage, Yankee Doodle Dandee. The Wild Bunch.
              Chuck

Comment

Best Film Ever

Riding Giants, great footage of Laird at Jaws..............

Comment

Best Film Ever

Sorry for cheating as im a girl...but vanilla sky has to be one of the best films i have ever seen...closely fillowed by green mile...total classics!!!!
                  "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Best Film Ever

What about....

Mississippi Burning/ Shawshank Redemption/ Downfall or Walk the line are all great films IMO. Maybe not Citizen Caine for the purists/ buffs but damn good films nevertheless. I could enjoy all of these all the way thru without needing a beer and thats better than 5 stars in my book
                    Cheers!
                    Andy

Comment

Best Film Ever

Brazil by Terry Gilliam. enough said?
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Best Film Ever

Im jumping in too. Gone With the Wind.

Comment

Best Film Ever

Same Time Next Year with Alan Alda.
                          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Best Film Ever

Blade Runner.

The sci-fi noir classic. Ridley Scotts true masterpiece IMHO.

Almost every single frame with actors, is composited with a Rembrandt like lighting scheme.

Even after perhaps close to a hundred viewings over the last quarter-century, I still catch minute details in the set props and design, that have significance. It's more than it seems on the surface. The juxtaposition of 1940's American culture elements, with futuristic technology wrenches the mind a bit.

The soundtrack by Vangelis, one of the most expressive and emotional scores I have ever heard.

The philosophical message gets more relevant with each passing day, as we head into a uncertain genetically engineered future. What does it really mean to be human? Are we just the stuff of our physical bodies? Are our memories just stored chemical patterns in our brains?

The overall package of symbolism, and base human desire, fears, and hopes still resonates our self-created human condition.

I am still astounded by it, in a way that no other attempt at "art" type films approaches.

Of course, one viewing of "Charlies Angels" can stomp out all of that over-wrought analysis in a heart beat. T and A , gunfire, and explosions for the masses!

Comment

Best Film Ever

Brazil by Terry Gilliam

Truly the most brilliant, amazing and symbolic movie ever in the history of mankind....I've watched it perhaps 150 times and can't believe how much I've yet to comprehend. Terry is an incredible artist. if you never see another movie in your life just make sure you've seen this one first.
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X