X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday, August 3

Good Morning Absvillians!

Happy Not Hungover August 3rd!

Just a quick one for now, but I'm hoping to catch up with you all later.

Congrats to everyone on all your AF days! Keep on truckin baby!

:h Deirdre

How to defeat terrorism? Don't be terrorized. Don't let fear rule your life. Even if you are scared.
    - Salman Rushdie

Thursday, August 3

Good afternoon(UK) absville, hoping you are all feeling OK. Day 3 check in, last night went quite well, had twinges of craving for about 2 minutes, then passed. Better nights sleep.

Well done for getting to day 3, won't say anymore, just used up my talking ration on mini profiles.

Take care of yourselves, and have a good day/afternoon/night whereever you are.
    Hugs and hugs:l
    Mary

ps Bambino, thanks for your message, hope Elizabeth is feeling better today.

Comment

Thursday, August 3

August 3

Good Morning Everyone --

Hope everyone has a great day and stays cool (relief from this heat wave HAS to come soon...,right? Trying to get an early start on a number of projects today and have neighborhood girls coming for coctails/lite dinner tonight. Of course, cocktails were part of the equation before I returned here. I'll be having something else!

Keep on keepin on.....

Comment

Thursday, August 3

Day 4

Morning all,

Made it thru, but day 3 was tough. I had very strong cravings about 2:30 PM (why can't I have a drink, I'm bored, how come everybody else gets to have fun). Took 1,000 mg of I glut under the tongue and it worked!

I feel lousy this morning. Weird dreams last night - got eight hours but it doesn't feel like it. I have a dull headache. Last night, we had a salty meal, which I don't usually have, so that may account for it. Dressed to get on my exercise bike and trying to talk myself out of it.

Weekend is right around the corner - hope my resolve holds up.

Barb

Comment

Thursday, August 3

Thursday

Mornin all.......

Loved the quote on fear. Heard this one?
          F.....false
          E.....evidence
          A....appearing
          R....real

Oh....and who said......"all we have to fear is fear itself"?

I had a lot of fear when my son was in Iraq. I had to work through it and "TRUST" that we would all be ok. It was a huge spiritual growth time for me.

It's still HOT here!!!!!!!! I've been out working on raised beds and sweated a quart!! We have them on water drip line so things grow even without a lot of rain.Getting ready to replant some fall stuff.
          I know it sounds like we live in a beautiful place, and we do have several flower gardens, but it takes daylight to dark hard work. My hubby grew up here, moved to city in early 60's, married me and we raised our three kids there. We've only lived here about seven years... Retirement? What is that??

I hope everyone has a great day even with all the heat...please be careful.

I know life isn't all sunshine and happiness but if I don't do "JOYFUL" head talk, I get down and go deeper and deeper. So I hope that I haven't spoiled your day!

Later,
          Nancy & Belle says "woof" to all her new friends
          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Thursday, August 3

Good Morning Absville!

One of my little enjoyments is just playing with the fonts and stuff, although I seem to have found my favorite! I can still play with the colors though!

Thanks for your question yesterday about the flags, MadisonMay! I sew the flags for my daughter's color guard. In the fall, they march with the marching band. The develop a routine to do outdoors on a football-sized field (American, not soccer) where the band plays the music and the guard dances, spins flags, and also rifles and sabres (not real, of course). The also perform drill to the music, where the band and guard march into different formations on the field while all of this is taking place. They perform at football games, but also compete against other marching bands/guards during the fall on Saturday nights both locally and in states near us. In the winter, we have indoor guard without the band, and compete against other guards. So I have been sewing flags with another woman for the last two years for this. I really love doing it, but it can be stressful. This year has been well planned, and I have a lot of time and help, so it should be good and fun this time around! That is about as short an explanation as I can give. Thanks for your interest! I'll try not to bore you all too much with it in the next several weeks.

Otherwise things are going okay. We lost power briefly yesterday, and I thought I would surely have a drink if it went on too long!! I'm still having enough to deal with day-to-day without any mini-disasters. But our local power company saved me from the impulse, because when I took a break from work and came home to check on the cats, the power was back on and the indoor temp was starting to go down again. My sinuses are bugging me again, too, so I'm feeling really wrung out! Yuck. Gotta break out my neti-pot again!

Otherwise, life is going on! I've got a lot to do today, and I work late again tonight, which is always a help. It is very good for me when I have to work through those awful hours of 5:30 to 8pm. Then when I get home it's just a few hours to bed. I can get on here for a bit and go to bed and read, and it's not too bad!!

I know I've been self-absorbed today, so please remember all that I am thinking of you, and I do appreciate your support, and it does come back at ya, even if I don't say so by name!!! Although I must say good luck NoMore, and hang in there Barb!!

Hugs and love, Kathi:l
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thursday, August 3

Thanks Kathy, your discription is so good, I can really visiualise it, I have seen American marches before here in England, which is quite entertaining, I am talking about the fun marching not the normal military marching. Hope you sinuses sort themselves out, I have a similar problem, takes it out of me sometimes.
              Enjoy rest of your day, we are at 3.50 p.m. here i sunny Liverpool.
              Hugs to everyone
              Mary :l

ps must use different colour next time, great experimenting with colours and fonts.

Comment

Thursday, August 3

Morning abs folk!
                Made it through Day 2. It was harder than Day 1, but not too bad. Moved the wine bottles to the storage unit in the basement of my building. Put water bottles on the wine rack. Might move the wine rack later though as it does scream WINE!
                BF came over. He drinks light beer. It doesn't bother me much, but I don't think I'm ready for a bar yet other than maybe eating lunch at one. He says he is proud of me. Huh? The fact that he believes in me makes failure rather unappealing, you know?
                Hope everyone has or is having a great day!
                Diane M.

Comment

Thursday, August 3

Got up late today (me too, with the headache, Barb...), only to find that my nightmare of it being TOO HOT is still a reality...I really can't believe it! And not only is it mind-bogglingly HOT here, but then you get all the "lovely" smells of big city life--you KNOW what I'm talking about! Ugh, ugh and more ugh!

Congrats, on getting to day 3--you know who you are! Kathy, sharing what's going on with you is NOT being self-involved! Besides, you are always so incredibly caring and concerned about everyone else that even IF you were self-involved for a second (which you aren't!), you deserve to be! Love hearing about the flags--what do they look like?

Nancy, I can do "joyful"--thanks! Not only did you not spoil my day--you've made it better! And please, please take it easy--lots and lots and lots of water! Oh god, can you imagine having a hangover in this heat??!! Not something I'd wish on my worst enemy....well, maybe my WORST enemy... (Am I the only one who sees that green smiley thing as weirdly evil looking? I miss our old rolling, laughing out loud smiley--this one is totally creepy!)

Thanks Deirdre for your insight as always! Great quote too!

BTW, Nancy, "only thing we have to fear is fear itself" comes from FDR's 1933 inaugural address, which was given during the worst of the great depression...actually, it's a brilliant, inspirational speech... I HIGHLY recommend that everyone having a look at it here: http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/5057/

Okay, all, let me see if I can get something done today! Somehow, being abs hasn't helped my procrastination at all!
                  :h
                  susan
                  "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Thursday, August 3

Quick Check-In

Hi Madison, This color works okay if you use the BOLD!! LOL! Thanks for the go-ahead, Susan, you're sweet!! Okay, I WILL be a little self-absorbed sometimes! I agree with you about that green smiley thing!! I suggest that we see if RJ can import more of our old-guys over here! I've been too lazy to write her!

Susan, I think that the ONLY good thing about drinking too much, and I mean ONLY, was that I felt sufficient guilt the next day that I had to get a lot accomplished during my non drinking hours to make up for it!!! Maybe it's just August or maybe it's abs, but I am having a case of the doldrums myself!!! That is why I am checking this board every 45 minutes or so instead of doing the other 50 things I need to get done!!! Oh well, back to the salt mines!!! It could be worse, though. I could be smelling the NYCity smells!! I hope the heat breaks soon for you, Babe!!!

Hugs again (and again and again!):l

Kathy
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thursday, August 3

Evil Twin?

Kathy -- Are you my evil twin? I am the same way. When I have a wicked hangover my house is never cleaner - baseboards - everything. I am very productive! Trying to be the same same now but I am just fatigued. I am blaming the heat but who knows. Cleaning now in anticipation of company. Doing baseboards bec/ I see one thing and it leads to another. I definitely have OCD. I'm sure they'll all be looking at the baseboards in the laundry room...LOL!

Oh well - on to something useful - like the pasta salad!

Comment

Thursday, August 3

Oh Boy!

Oh I just cant believe all the new people. I'm going to limit this post to 20 mins. So If i need to break it up in two I will.
                        Still a hard week for me. Last weeks party week I thought would make for a quiet catch up week now. But....like susan and cher say....and the beat goes on....the beat goes on.... I guess sonny was in on that. Poor guy. I guess I all to often "omit the men". Sorry mackeral and matt. Okay....I have issues. Hey, where is he? Matt!

I'm so glad everyon has put a little somethin on mini profiles. well....almost everyone. I keep on lookin at it. Still dont have it down by any means.

Janet/Vinophil...We have the son thing in common.

Hi Kathy, Sounds like you are doin good. And everyone's strength in here. Are you being good to yourself too? Easy for me to preach...ha. Cant think of what I have done for me lately cept for eating chips. Shhhh, Dont tell CV. Hey where is cute Jane? Dang hope everyone is ok. How sad....food made me think of Jane. lol....dont tell her either.

Good job on the early abbers, Madison, Jackie and Barb day 3, Dieann and Wynot, I'm so glad you guys started up. Its hard! Annie And Barb, I hear ya...weekends are the worst. And I'm a beer woman too. lol. That 5:00 hour....whew it was so hard in the beginining. Its a thirst quenching thing along with the alcohol thing too. It so gets easier tho. I think I'm day 60 on saturday. Janet and Gina...maybe you have made it past your first weekend? Sophia...I know you have by now. Good for you! Man I remember those first days so well. And if your anything like me...I didnt tell anyone. But you guys that is. But ya feel like your goin it all alone. Just remember everyone here. Tons of support!

Kim/Discovery, I too have had some incidents with my darling teenage sons this summer involving the police that I was so glad I wasnt buzzin myself. Or just beer breath alone. Good for you. Gee....we could act like a normal person with no hangups. What!......not any of us.

Lluf...oh boy I sure hope you get better quick. At least you have us and 38 days.

Peggy...you go girl. 47 days....really gettin up there. (sshhhh....any more dates?)

Nancy....did I hear hangover? not sure....oh well. new day.

Noremorewine, lorik, fedup, Hi there....Hope u three are doin good and I hope I havent left any one out. I must get in the workout in honor of the chips. At least they are gone now. (uhhh....that would be thanks to me)

Love you all....gabby, bye
                        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Thursday, August 3

OH MY GOSH......I did leave out the Mackeral Man. Well and Matt too. And I know for sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I think men are alkdfhu nvid86 ryqebr,mf an vfjhb ;sgvlfk gub98 aery,jk3bef cgh kvfb,uaer7fpqw30;ip4gjv u,gjhl.idf7gyp qwe 49 vbh.qlwa 8 sklhi8l
                          and....well lets face it....they are in constant need of supervision at all times.

No, I dont think that at all about our wonderful Wayne and Matt. They are an awesome contribution to this group and I never would want to see them leave.
                          But I think we need to put an APB out on Matt. Has anyone heard from him? Just bein mother hen here. Im old enough for that arent I? Gabbs

Comment

Thursday, August 3

Hey Gabby--Congrats on day 60--you go, girl!

BTW, when I mentioned "hangover" I just meant that it was GREAT that Nancy--and all of us, sweltering in this godawful weather--did NOT have a hangover in this heat!!! Can you imagine??!!

Sorry for the miscommunication--our Nancy is doing fabulously!

And where IS Matt?? You there, boyo??
                            :h
                            susan (see, I'm STILL procrastinating--I am definitely addicted to these boards--well, it could be worse. Much worse! Thanks, ya'll, for being here! :l )
                            "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Thursday, August 3

Oh good.....glad Nancy doesnt have a hangover. She will be ready for the pagent then. gabb

Comment

Working...
                              X