365 Nights - A Memoir of Intimacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This book was recommended by Borders Bookstore here in Singapore as a good 'Valentines Read'. It's essentially the story of a wife and Mom, who decides its time to reconnect with her husband, and so on his 40th Birthday gives him the gift of sex every day for a year. I thought it was a great book. There's no 'initimate detail' but lots of humour and insight into how and why you can lose the initimacy in a relationship, especially when kids, work etc. get in the way. It's my Husbands Birthday today (A Valentines Baby Ahhh), and I presented him with the book as a gift, and suggested we try the Authors suggestion. He was shocked - but happy! I wouldn't have even thought about it had I still been drinking, so there's another positive to being AF.

Happy Valentine

B.
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Oprah had this woman on her show recentely. It definitely improved her marriage! Good luck!

Comment

I saw her on Oprah too. The thought of being obligated to have sex 365 days a year scares me more than getting sober did!!!:H:H:H

I think I'm going to have to think about it though. Maybe we could compromise.
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I hadn't seen her on Oprah, and yes, there will be compromises! B.x

[/COLOR]

Comment

Betty.

LOL! Would that qualify as excersie in the abberciers section?
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Well according to my 90 year old Gran 'Its the best thing to do to lose weight'! Hmmm....

[/COLOR]

Comment

Yep, totally counts as exercise... cardio and everything! :H
              Soooo... Betty, you just gave him the book? Or the 365 x sex?? Or both???

Yeah, I'm not too fond of the 'obligation' but then, right now it doesn't matter much; Mr. Wonderful and I are still in the honeymoon period - so we're constantly on top of each other anyways! LOL
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

LVT

Me too. Scary thought. Mind you have been married for 18 years! I might consider it if I was still drinking!
                AF since 19 January with a week's holiday last week. Today is AF day 1sigpic

Comment

My husband has no interest in sex anymore, seems alcohol is his mistress. This makes me VERY sad, we have only been together 7yrs and great sex was one of the things that brought us together.

I guess it's true what they say about the grass is always greener....
                  Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
                  :h

Comment

Hi Ready. Things didn't exactly work out as planned with the book. Started off well, but my husbands Mistress is work, and as the pressure grew this month the sex diminished. It can be very hurtful to be turned down all the time. But, I'm continuing to 'make the effort' as I need to know I've really tried before making any decisions.

Best Wishes

Bx

[/COLOR]

Comment

Interesting perspectives (and book recommendation!) from both sides of the fence.

A woman who I see frequently at AA is currently off of work as she is recuperating from having both knees operated on. She is using this time off to reconnect with her teenage kids and work on some other areas of life with her extra time. LOL - she explained to the group one day at AA how she "cracked the code" with her boyfriend to a happy and peaceful home life with him doing for her those things she wants such as helping with the bills, etc. So now "cracking the code" is a phrase with new meaning.... :H

I need to crack the code a little more often...

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Betty.............Now we know why you been sweaty ! Ha! IAD
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                        X