Mod Squad Weekly Thread 16 Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half way through the month, can you believe?

I am travelling for most of this week, which would normally send me into thoes of panick, but I am really looking forward to this trip. The daughter and I have been seriously buttng heads (she missed the bus this morning) so a bit of time apart is most welcome.
    I am also going to use the time away wisely and get in some extra meditating time, as well as hopefully an appointment with a acupuncturist which was referred to me for smoking.

So, how is everyone?
    I wrote a really long post yesterday and lost it, so I'm sorry I didn't reply to everyone but it's annoying when you have to repeat yourself do you find:H

Right off to work, catch up later
    :l
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Sounds like great fun, DB...

Let us know how the accupuncture goes.
    I've been wanting to try it,
    but I don't have a good reason.
    Could I get them to stick me just so I could see what it's like??? :H

It's going to be a full but pleasant day for me, I wanted to say "Hi" early, in case I don't get back til later.
    Good Morning, Modders!
    Don't overdo ANYTHING; but have a little of the BEST of everything.
    The Mod Life is the Good Life!!
    ~Kid Shelleen~
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

And the PACT goes on...

P.A.C.T (Promissary Alcohol Controlling Tool)

Cross my heart,and hope to die; Stick a needle in my eye.."
      *Phrase uttered by children after making a promise to indicate the depth of their sincerity: the speaker is so committed to the action just agreed to that they offer self-inflicted pain and a death wish as proof of their seriousness.
      (Must be accompanied by a gesture of drawing a imaginary "X" across the speaker's own heart, or else it doesn't count.)

Mod Pacts INVITATIONS:

*Eve: Sunday 2/15 thru thursday 2/19
      *Cyle: Ongoing Sunday thru Thursday
      * Delta Moon and KW: ALL of Lent??

*Kid : Wednesday and Thursday then Saturday

(longer if anyone joins me)

*Sara: ODAT? Let's commit! (no,ODAT is OK)

*Delta: needs a partner for "all weekend"

ANYONE ELSE??

Feel free to join in
      with any ongoing pact
      (or start a new one)

Remember
      :you've :h "crossed your heart" :h
      ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

pact....

I have my eyes set on 30 days.....I started a week ago friday.(i think)
        Any one up for 20 days?

I went to a dinner party last evening. Lots of yummy wine to taste. Some of my favorites. But I brought a bottle of Perrier and sipped that instead. If you open your heart....the buzz of love fills in where the alc used to live.....try it. I definately felt more vulnerable but I let it go and partied on the vibe, the food, the friendships....Its like a total mindshift. More dificult then sipping wine but.....a very cool experience.

A taste of GOOD wine...
        A few GREAT friends...
        A sampling
        of DELICIOUS food...

KID, I get what you're saying!!!

Deeb, i hear you about losing a post.....I realize how annoying/boring i am when i have to go back and say it again!!!!!:H

Have a great day out there you supermoders....:l
        a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

I'm in for the week.
          AF Monday to Thursday.
          I will not drink whilst I am travelling as that always used to be a big trigger for me. I have planned a dinner out with an old friend who is pregnant and the other evenings I have downloaded podcasts to listen to in my room.
          Friday I must just NEED a drink as I am meeting my in-laws for the weekend. Oh joy.

Hi Kid, I was thinking of you yesterday when I was being a glutz eating everything I could get my hands on -- that's not living life in moderation.
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Within, I am so damned proud of you!!!
            WhoooHooooo to all the AF days you are notching up.

I just posted on the "goals" thread that I'd like to do another 30 days AF and was looking for a partner. I'm sorry I can't join you for the rest of your 30 days but the next two weekends are "occassions".

Comment

Deeb youre doing great.:l
              I feel like i am on the long trail and im just keeping my head down putting one foot in front of the other. Any one who wants to join me jump in at anytime.....the scenery is quiet nice. I am seeing lots of new things!

I just posted on the goals thread and i didnt stick....ugh.

maybe i will try again later...perhaps there is a reason it didnt stick!!!!!

Good luck on your trip...say hi to your in-laws!!!

peace out -:rays:

Comment

I just have a minute here...

When you type a LONG message, the server forgets you're there.
                A large box will show up saying you aren't signed in or something.
                Use THAT box to sign back in,
                not the small one up to the right.
                Whenever I do that, it just lets me back in and I don't lose my long posts.
                You can also type your letter onto "Wordpad"
                and then just "copy" and "paste" when you are finished.
                I've NEVER lost a post since I figured this out.
                ~KS~
                ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Hey modderoonies, happy Monday. We all made it through the weekend I see, unscathed I hope. I finally got my beautiful rear in gear and filled out drinktracker for the month of Feb. I had one more drink that I had planned on Friday, for a total of three, and I woke up feeling fuzzy on Sat. morning even though I had stopped drinking alcohol for about an hour or so before I went to bed. So I thought hmmm.... better get into the tool box and stop this right away. I do not like seeing that 3 on drinktracker. It is not good for me.

within congratulations on meeting your goals so far. You sound strong. There's a thread up on Just Starting Out for folks making longer commitments than one day at a time, but you probably knew that already.

Kid, when your busy schedule permits, you can put me down for Sun-Thurs abstaining. This is my general rule unless I have a long weekend. Right now I've nothing planned until end of March so get my name up there so I can have firsthand knowledge of the needle in the eye consequences of breaking a pact.

Hi to everyone, and I hope things are going well for everyone who posts and reads here. I posted the next paragraph up on the subs thread, but in case you don't go up there or don't subscribe I'm pasting it down here too. Because it's just that kind of day.

What a difference time makes. I am so happy these days, and I can attribute a lot of that to the wonderful people here at MWO. I learn so much every day I come here. I don't know how to express this other than to say that I think I'm thawing. When I look back over the past five years I think I was gradually freezing up until I was barely able to express any feelings at all. The door to my heart and soul is starting to open again. Have a lovely day everyone, thanks for your warmth, encouragement and friendship.
                  vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Cycle.....you said it. I feel it too!!!!!! I wasn't sure how to say it but yes...thaw....I am beginning to thaw.........
                    Even my hubby notices.....!!!!!

Hope everyone is well...Had such a good day.
                    I can't get down about it but...I had a glass of wine with dinner. I was out with my good friend and I thought some good wine with this good food and this good company. It was all wonderful. I moderated. I had water and stopped at one. All was ok. I did not deliberate or obsess or even question.....i committed to one and left it at that.

Off to get ready for bed. I hope everyone is well. Let me know your thoughts..
                    :l

Comment

ummm where is everyone????

Yoooohooooo Modders!!

Comment

Slept til noon!

Sorry DB,
                        I'll check in later.
                        Cat was reading me poetry while I drifted between sleep and wakefulness.
                        It was part of her studies, but what a dreamy way to start the day!
                        ~Kid~
                        ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Hey all - I am back from Finland. Was -20?C - a great excuse to wear a big, silly and very furry Russian hat. We stayed in a log cabin, 50km from civilisation, where there was just trees and snow, oh and of course a lake (but that was frozen and covered in snow). We went on a snow mobile safari and drove our own husky sled - the best! And guess what? No vodka or moonshine... the nearest shop didn't sell it anyway!

I will be honest though...

I did drink 3-4 beers every night all but one.

Will post some photos in my gallery (not of the beer, of Finland silly!). :H
                          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hello fellow modders,

Just wrote my heart out, and lost it with a wrong flick of the finger!! Will try to reconstruct - had a difficult talk with college daughter today, and the urge to drink was overpowering. I have been reading a series in the Boston Globe about the life of Ted Kennedy, and was struck by the comments that when life got particularly difficult for both Ted and his then-wife Joan they resorted to drinking to ease the stress. After the conversation with college daughter I totally understood this. Well, I resisted and had just 2 glasses of wine with hubby at dinner. But that's why I'm here - justed needed a safe place to vent.

She's a great kid, though a bit dramatic. She's not apparently able to handle all that is expected of someone in college and expects Mom and Dad to intervene. I guess I resent having to be a full-time parent to someone who's almost 21 years old and am having a difficult time balancing her needs with what is good for her. Nurture versus tough love. The old bottle beckons, but I'm here versus there. Thanks for listening. I'm sorry I've been so absent. Actually thought I was off living a life . . .

Vera-b

Comment

within;549796 wrote: I have my eyes set on 30 days.....I started a week ago friday.(i think)
                              Any one up for 20 days?

I went to a dinner party last evening. Lots of yummy wine to taste. Some of my favorites. But I brought a bottle of Perrier and sipped that instead. If you open your heart....the buzz of love fills in where the alc used to live.....try it. I definately felt more vulnerable but I let it go and partied on the vibe, the food, the friendships....Its like a total mindshift. More dificult then sipping wine but.....a very cool experience.

A taste of GOOD wine...
                              A few GREAT friends...
                              A sampling
                              of DELICIOUS food...

KID, I get what you're saying!!!

Deeb, i hear you about losing a post.....I realize how annoying/boring i am when i have to go back and say it again!!!!!:H

Have a great day out there you supermoders....:l
                              Hey Within.. I'll join you for 20! I was watching myself 'setting up a fall' for this weekend... where I will be totally alone - meaning nobody would know, I could be very naughty for one day/night, etc... but somehow that thought just isn't nearly as appealing as you might think. So... hell yeah... I'm with ya!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X