X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, August 4

Hey Everyone in Absville!

Happy Friday!

I just noticed that the site is back up now. Unfortunately it's really late and I still haven't caught up on posts. So I hope you're all doing well and I'll check in later.

Congrats to alll! :l

:h Deirdre

We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.
    -William Faulkner

Friday, August 4

August 4

Hello everyone --

Lots to do today and not a whole lot of time to do it so I'm off! Have a great day everyone and a good start to the weekend.

Comment

Friday, August 4

Good Morning

Hi all,
      Big day for me too today. It is my "long run" day of the week, 8 miles today, then I get to watch as my daughter tries on every piece of clothing she owns as she tries to get herself ready for college. Then, off to an eye doctor appt for my son. The best part, though, will be heading off to a dinner theater with my son tonight - he loves that kind of stuff and so do I. The show is called "The Male Intellect: An Oxymoron" - should give us lots of laughs and ammunition for teasing each other!
      Day 50 for me!!
      Have a good one
      Peggy

Comment

Friday, August 4

Hi Everyone
        Day 4 for me, things going pretty good, managing to do things to take my mind off cravings, the big test will be the weekend, when it used to be called "alcohol abuse days". Hope you are all doing OK, hope the weekend goes well for you. Take care of yourselves.
        Hugs

Mary:h :l

Comment

Friday, August 4

Good Morning, Abville!

Off to yet ANOTHER MRI appt this morning (last week they didn't have the correct paperwork re insurance, etc--had to reschedule... )--also physical therapy for my shoulder injury (for those of you who remember this was sustained in last month's infamous "pothole" incident--for those of you who don't, the "pothole" was in the middle of a crosswalk on Broadway and was over FOUR FEET DEEP!! I know, hard to believe....)...

Plus, I'm just feeling old and creaky this morning....I KNOW 50 is the new 40--but today it feels like 60!!

Congrats on everyone's abs days! Weekends can be tough but, ultimately, it all comes down to how bad we want this...how bad do we want to remain sober and what are we willing to do about it? As I've said before, for me, that would be: Whatever it takes!!

Keep on swimming, Absters--the water's fine!
          :h
          susan
          "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Friday, August 4

Morning, Absville!

Morning All!

Madison (Mary), I see you've been having fun with your fonts and colors again!! Good luck this weekend! The anticipation is the hardest--just keep putting one foot in front of the other. You'll feel proud when you've done it!!

I hope your MRI and PT go well today, Susan. I can relate to the feeling of being 50. My mind sure feels 40, but sometimes the old body goes "OH YEAH? You think so, HUH??" I'm just feeling so darn tired, it's frightening. I don't know if it's topa or sinuses or August or maybe all three. Nevertheless, I'm once again going to try to get some stuff done today. Little by little, day by day!

Dierdre, NoMore and Peggy, sounds like you three have things together there. Have a great day.

And where is Matt? He's on vacation, right? I hope he's doing okay.

Love to all!:h

Kathy
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday, August 4

Hi guys,
              I dido Susan on the MRI. Good to get that over with. Oh and how I do know about those weekends. I dreaded them in the beginining. Didnt trust myself at all. After each weekend I went whew. Actually I still dont trust myself without the topa. Its been two months now but I know topa has been my lifesaver. Dont have many cravings but when I do....and it would only take that one time. So do watch the weekends.

Dieann, Yep its weird about the in-laws. Nope, we dont see them as a family. But I was left out in the end anyway. All the DIL's are. Its a funny thing. So the DIL's arent ever brought up in the conversation cuz then they are afraid they might come to the get together. Little do they know....we all hate to go and enjoy the break. funny huh? They live in the next state so its not bad. I actually havent talked to them in years. Nor them me. I think by we all are non existant.

Anyway happy abs to us all and ring around the rosie and no one falls down. Gabby
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Friday, August 4

Hi everyone

Kathy, Deirdre,Peggy,NoMore,Mary,Susan, AND all who dwell here:

Thinking of you all today as always and hoping your day will go well

Been working at a local camp this week so it's been nice to stay occupied with something useful for a change. I usually do summer school each summer but took this summer off. Not by chioce, the schedule conflicts with our upcoming Canada camping trip.

I've been so conflicted about even going in light of what happened LAST summer while camping. Hubby is my biggest enabler as he also has significant drinking issues. BUT..........I REALLY WANT TO GO SOMEWHERE FUN! It will be hard because the pattern has been drunken camping. We have talked alot about it and he knows I'm serious about sobriety. Still, I have no desire to sit and watch someone else get hammered. Oh well, not my stuff. I have to get to the place where his drinking isn't so closely tied to mine. I have done it before, I just know I can do it again

So exciting that many here get to go to the convention!!!
                Have a great time, wish I were able to join you.

Blessings,
                Lori

Comment

Friday, August 4

Day 5

Hi all,

Sounds like everyone is busy and keeping out of trouble. Susan, good luck with your MRI, etc. Peggy, enjoy the time with your kids. I had to take my son to registration for high school yesterday, was dreading it, and actually had a good time. He said we should "hang out" more often. I've let too much time go already. Mary (and anyone else who said it), hang tough this weekend. It's day 5 for me, and I can't remember the last time I did not have a drink on the weekend. My trigger time is 3:30 on Friday afternoons, so I think I'll go for a massage today at that time. I have a gift cert, so it will only cost me the tip.

If I neglected anyone, my apologies - I have a 50 yr old memory (could you imagine if I were on topa???)

I had another weird night sleep last night. My stomach was really bothering me in the middle of the night for about an hour. I think I am going to ditch the Calm Forte. The only time I take it is at night. I took it the last two nights and slept weird. I don't take them during the day because I need to be "charged" during the day, not "relaxed". I'll relax in the evenings and when I retire.

Got up this morning and forced myself to to aerobics. I feel so great because I did.

I reiterated again to my hubby last night that I have no intention of drinking during the month of August, and he said "you're doing great so far". Guess that's his stamp of approval!

I've spent too much time here already. Gotta go - back at you later.

Barb

Comment

Friday, August 4

Drinking hubby

Lori, I can seriously relate. My hubby drinks but never shows it. He stops at the bar on the way home from work for a couple of hours, takes a break during dinner (sometimes) and has a couple more to round out the evening. But he's never drunk, or at least I don't notice it.

I just want to have some fun. Drinking has been our entertainment of choice for the last 11 years. Kind of hard to change the rules now. I am just going to keep on trudging along and finding things I enjoy besides the bar (I know they are out there )

Barb

Comment

Friday, August 4

Morning abs-sters!
                      Day 4 for me. Day 3 was a little tough with some emotional stuff. And the "hole" lasts from 5pm until 8pm and then I'm fine. Hmmm. That's not so bad, really.
                      I saw The Male Intellect a long time ago, and it was hysterical! Enjoy!
                      I am a little nervous about the weekend. I reckon the "hole" will be there longer on the weekend. Oh well, I've got my supps and my books and my CD's to help me through. And exercise!
                      Diane M.

Comment

Friday, August 4

Good Morning or is it almost afternoon??? Missed you all yesterday. Had a bad day. Bought one of those 4 pack mini bottles of wine after an awful experience with an outpatient rehab group I stupidly joined. It was the first evening of a women's group and I was the only one who showed. BUT.... the good thing is I had one sip of wine on my way home and I didn't even want any more. I got home and threw the rest away. I can't believe it. Hope the weekend will turn out as well. Plan to be swimmin' in Lake Ontario. Take care all...
                        Diane

Comment

Friday, August 4

Dieann, Barb and Lorik,
                          Boy I am so with you while ur on this weekend. You can do it. Everytime ya wanna drink...chug...I mean chug water. Put down the whole glass. It will help. Make it a ritual. Wanna drink....ok....big glass water. Ice cold is the best. I drank nearly each day but there sure is somethin about the weekends. Its like its the law for us. weekends/drink
                          Just make up your mind your gonna see monday and be able to say....ok...i did it. Pretend each one of you are racin each other there. Monday morn.....who can get there first. My bet its lorik, no dieann, no barb, no dieann, no barb, no lorik.........ok......rootin for all of ya.......its gonna be close! Oh my gosh.....its gonna be a 3/way.........ok girls.....make it a 3 way....this is gonna be fun. Ring around the rosie.....no one falls down. The song for the weekend. We are all watchin you gals.....:k bye for now. gabbs

Comment

Friday, August 4

Good job, Wynot! I'm glad that it only took a sip to convince you to throw the rest away! Here's to all of us for an alcohol free weekend!! And thanks, Gabby, for being such a great cheerleader!!:h
                            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday, August 4

Comment

Working...
                              X