Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same old song...

Hi all, Here's my story.

I didn't have a problem with drinking until about 2 years ago. I had gastric bypass 3 years ago and was released to drink about a year after that. When I was really fat booze didn't affect me at all. I had to drink a ton to get the buzz so I just didn't see the point. About a year after my surgery, booze effected me in the first drink. I liked that warm and fuzzy feeling. So I started drinking a couple of nights a week. Then it was everynight. It was just one drink or so but soon escalated into drinking quite a bit every night. Then the blackouts started happening and the unknown bruises began showing up. Now, I only drank at home and at night, too expensive to go to the bar. Then on the weekends, like RJ's friend, I would start drinking earlier since the husband was gone. I knew I had to do something so I went to AA as that was the only way I knew of that people quit. Although my grandfather was a heavy drinker and quit cold turkey. Anyway, hated AA, Hated the thought of daily meetings and always thinking about the fact that I couldn't handle my liquor, not to mention the whole God business. I did make a great online friend, whom I talk to daily, but I do lie about the meetings and my drinking too.

I can't get the topa just yet, may have to wait another 2 weeks for my doctor. I found it online but that involves waiting about a month for it to come from overseas and money that I don't have. But I decided to start with the supps and the hypno tapes anyway. I can't wait any longer.

Same old song...

Hi eelaras~

I'm new here too. so looks like were kinda starting this together. I didn't feel comfortable with the AA thing either. I am really happy I found this site. I haven't made huge changes yet, but just reading about all the other transformations helps motivate me. I know that we can only be accountable to ourselves, but hopefully we will make us proud one day.

Good luck to you,

mama

Comment

Working...
    X