Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, August 5!

Good Morning, Absville!

Thanks, Deirdre, for your wonderful (as always!) leadership this week! Take a bow, girlfriend, you deserve it!

And :w Tessa--good to have you here!

Congratulations, Peggy, on Day 51! It's a beautiful thing....
    Janet, good to see you here again--missed you! Mackeral! Great to be on the OTHER SIDE, innit?! Bet THAT gave you a bit of satisfaction, eh? And Diane, what a great gift you gave yourself when you tossed the rest of the wine! Great going, girl!

Barb, you so totally have my sympathies with the sleeping thing...the last decent night's sleep I had was back in April...I still remember it with longing.... Melatonin makes me super depressed, so that's out...oh, I sleep walk too...it's a ghastly image: 50 y/o woman sleepwalking... (And congrats--Day 6 now!)

Mary, Dieann, Anni--day 5!!! YES!! Be gentle with yourselves this weekend! Glasses of water always at the ready! Thanks, Gabby! It works for me....

Lori--enjoy the camping--and what IS it with all the camping this weekend!! I seem to remember that at least 2 of y'all are headed out this weekend--have fun!

Kathy, you rock! And I remember a couple of weeks ago when you were concerned that this abs thing wasn't for you! See that!?!

BTW, the MRI was a totally weird and somehow SPIRITUAL experience...I know, I know...HOW could it be spiritual, you ask... Well, as I was laying there, completely unable to move, inside this ghastly tube-like thing and being bombarded with this unbelievably LOUD sound coming all around me (for, like, 20-25 mins!)--I suddenly found myself feeling completely calm...the noise was so loud and so enveloping that I found myself going INTO the sound and finding this still, silent place inside it...it was like the audio equivalent of the eye of a hurricane...I was in the middle of the sound and yet somehow it was silent....just like the stillness at the center of a storm... It was truly wonderful.... Now, if I'd been hungover, or thinking of my next bottle of wine, I would totally have missed that experience!

Okay, bedtime for me....gotta drive up to Vermont tomorrow and we've got new toys to play with--a new picnic table, a mesh, tent-like thing so we can sit outside and not get bitten to death...can't wait!

Now, if I've missed anyone--it's not at all personal, it's just me getting completely bleary-eyed!
    Love ya's all!
    :h susan

"Ring around the rosie, and no one falls down!" (Gabby)
    "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Saturday, August 5!

Hi there everyone.
    Sounds like absville is in full swing... energy, focus, support.. its all sounding good.

There is something about a cold grey winters day isnt there.. energy levels go down, smiles are not so bright etc etc. Its a day like that here today. Both my kids are coming down with a virus and I'm sad cos my neice just left after a great visit for a few weeks. Feels somewhat like a grey cloud looming (know the feeling?). I'm not about to drink, but I am low... I'm in that spot where I dont want to face either the illness or the accompanying emotions.. I want to hide. This is usually a trigger point.. its not anymore.. but its familiar if you get my drift.

Anyway, not wanting to put a dampner on everyone.. just reflecting and pondering here.
    brigid

Comment

Saturday, August 5!

Hi Brigid

Winter's a quiet, calm time - Reflecting and pondering can be good for a while ... because in four short weeks there will be new growth, new warmth, new life. All part of the rich tapestry ...

Thinking of you

Tawny

Comment

Saturday, August 5!

Good Morning, this is day 14 for me, and I feel so tired . I did my first sleep learning cd last night, and far from feeling refreshed and energised, I had to drag myself out of bed this morning! I guess my body is still very much in recovery. I don't know how I did it, kept going day after day drinking a bottle of wine plus a night. It beggers belief really. I am hoping the sups will help with this, start to help re balance me.

You know Brigid I have just noticed how much circumstances affect me too. I can feel bereft after a great visit from/to my fav sister, or like today here although still summer, it is grey and over cast very heavy. Yes I too have those " grey cloud" days. I am getting down now because the days are drawing in, but it isn't a good reason to drink is it? Lets keep going. Every clould has a silver lining.

Carole

PS Seen some good "thoughts for the day" on this site, I would like to add one - Source unknow but I like it
        "We judge other people by their actions - we judge ourselves by our intentions"

Comment

Saturday, August 5!

Hi Guys!

Still here but only just! I so need Gabby to kick my butt! I will survive and I will do good!!!! It just might not be in the immediate future!
          Shas
          Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Saturday, August 5!

Hiya to all AbbaDabbas,

Peggy, well done on day 51, and i could'nt walk 8 miles never mind run it.
            Mary, well done on day 5 , i,m with you on the weekends thing.
            Susan, at 4 ft its not a pothole, thats an underground cave...I like the way you discribed the MRI..Sounds cool...I want one.
            Gabby, keep it up girl,2 months+ is great, and no i don't get the hangover after the dreams...Made me laugh though.
            Lori, i cant remember a sober holiday, but am looking forward to see what its like...Matt will know when he comes back..We can pick his brains.
            Barb,how was the massage?...My sleep has been messed up latley aswell.
            Dieann, well done, 1st week is the hardest...Just try and focus on getting that out the way first.
            Wynot, at least you showed your intention by being the only one to turn up at the meeting, shows how serious you are about this...WELL DONE
            Annifofanni, (great name) well done for day 5
            Janet, wish it was that easy to just give up.
            NoMoreWine, hope all is well with you?
            Deirdre, thanks for last week (being the early bird)
            Tessa, nice to have you here.
            Brigid, two of my kids are ill this week aswell, cant wait to get a bit of normality back...And i do get your drift.
            Carole, magic 2 week mark....Well done...The days start to add up a bit quicker now.
            Shas, You have to keep your CHIN UP when your swimming...I know you will.
            Kathy, Your doing great, you dont sound yourself latley, are you just busy with the flags?
            Matt, come back soon mate..dying to know how your holiday went.
            And wheres Bubba?
            Must have forgot somebody i always do....Cant think though..I'm a bit knocked sideways today,my eldest has gone to her friends house...Hes 12...Got green hair...And is apparently Bi-sexual....
            How does he know?...Hes 12 for gods sake.

Have a good weekend eveyone..........Wayne
            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Saturday, August 5!

Oh....Gabby, get on quick and kick shas's butt for her.

Comment

Saturday, August 5!

Hey Wayne--did you get my message? Just checking since I hadn't heard from you....
                :h
                susan (BTW, not to worry about your daughter, it's not contagious!)

Comment

Saturday, August 5!

Hiya Susan,
                  No....Didn,t get a message....
                  I know its not......The GREEN hair might be though!

Comment

Saturday, August 5!

Good Saturday to you

Hi Guys and dolls,

Lots of great thoughts today, I always enjoy your openings Susan and Deirdre. I won't attempt personal acknowlegements this morning but rest assured, each person here is special to me. Especially thinking of Shas, Kim, and Brigid today. Lets all get under those of us struggling and flap our wings like crazy .

Today I'm in the final stretch of packing for our very long camping trip....a little concerned yet excited at the same time. Tessa: the similarities between us are astounding .Hope I won't blow it on my trip, prayers appreciated

I'm starting a new thread today reflecting on the blessings of not drinking. I found myself doing dishes last night at 10:30, something I'd not be doing drunk. I automatically grabbed a notebook and started writing down all the things possible when I don't drink. VERY therapeutic. I recommend it for anyone prone to slippage.

Much love,
                    Lori

Comment

Saturday, August 5!

Good Morning All,
                      It's a

Good Morning All,
                      It's a beautiful Sat here. The kind of day I pine for all winter long.Will try to go outside and enjoy it.I told myself that I was going to work on my enthusiasm and gratitude for everything around me(tough with 3 teenage boys...I am grateful when they arrive home at night in one piece... I am grateful that I'm not a grandmother yet ..... I'm grateful none of them are in jail... I'm working on the basics.
                      Susan, glad to hear your MRI went well.Some people really can't stand being enclosed and hearing the banging. It is a unique experience(I have had several because of a neck injury) but your right about not wanting to go in there hungover...how horrible!!!Let us know about the results.
                      I wish you all a safe,sober happy weekend. My plate will be full of challenges this weekend. We have dinner tonight with a couple who enjoy wine with dinner. I will get through it though I promise. Tomorrow we are driiving to central Maine where two younger sons will be going to camp. My husband wanted to stay up there for a few days but I said no as my oldest son would problably have the whole town over for a party.(My kids aren't bad but I'm being realistic) Probably about 8 hours of drinving altogether. We'll stop for dinner on the way home and that will be a challenge again.
                      So my mantra will be "don't give up what you really want (sobriety) for what you want right now (aglass of wine)".
                      Have a great day.
                      Janet

Comment

Saturday, August 5!

Day 60 for me!

OH Good Morning Abba Dabbers! (sooo cute Mac)
                        In a rush now....I was over there...somewhere else already this am. Here...talkin to Shas.
                        Anyway Hi everyone.

Susan, Glad yesterday is done for ya. How nice that you enjoyed it. Oh and cool! Im a sleep walkin talker too! Whew....the stories I could tell...

Peg....that guy is from, it will probably show up at the bottom. I got it from Mac. That was a way cute little kickass smilie (oops i cussed again)
                        The one guy looks so guilty. Shas I couldnt do that anyway...I have the nice problem. But its ok to have those down days. Bridget and Carole thats goes for you guys too. Then is when you do different kind of reflecting then you do on the other days. Right. All gotta balance out. If all we had were happy days we might not ever do any soul searching. Light a candle and have a blankie with a book or movie. Cuddle with the kids. (with a face mask) or just have your own space. What ever feels the best. Now me....I gotta go to work. Fun Fun Fun.

Tawney, nice for you to drop in.

Everyone else here in Absville....keep swimmin....lifejackets are near by....just give a holler if ya need one, when ya get tired stop and take a breather, refuel with a bucketfull of love and support from any of us and get goin again.
                        You can do it if ya wanna get there!
                        Big loves and hugs, Gabby

Gabby :flower:

Comment

Saturday, August 5!

Lorik, good idea for a new thread. I'll post there.
                          Janet...whew boy can I relate. The teens thing. There is NO WAY I could leave my oldest home alone. Would have been safer when he was 2. And he is a good kid too. Smiles.....Gabby
                          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Saturday, August 5!

Hi all --

Lots going in Absville today! I actually spent a fair amount of time typing my entry and then the system would not post and it was lost. Now I am in a time crunch so all I can say is that eberyone is in my thoughts and I hope this weekend goes well for everyone. Husband returned home (he works out of town all the time and comes home on weekends) Fri and we had dinner at fav Italian retaurant. I had 2 glasses of wine and no regrets. (It was day 11) I came home and had a wonderful evening with him and woke up today early, refreshed and peaceful (as opposed to early, hungover and tired and remorseful!) Normally I'd come home from dinner and have another bottle myself but I did not and that felt good. Its back to Absville for me -- I know myself well enough to know that I cannot try moderation now, but today I am OK with me. And its been a long time since I felt that way.

Have a good day everyone. You are all in my thoughts.

Comment

Saturday, August 5!

Ta-daaaa!

Good Afternoon Absters!

Okay, I'm off to Vermont for the week (meant to leave HOURS ago....) I'll check in as I can but I only have verrry slow dial-up in the cabin.... Sooooo, our very own Wayne (aka Mackeral!) will be taking over the abs helm for the rest of the week! Treat, huh!! Thanks, Mackeral!! :l

(BTW, click on my avatar and you can see a pic of the rainbow that appeared over the roof of our cabin a couple of years ago...and, yes, the trees really DO turn that color in the fall--no photo-shop tricks!)
                              :h
                              susan

Comment

Working...
                              X