aug 5th now I did it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aug 5th now I did it.

me and my big talk...now I did it with the too much wine...ugh! Feeling it this morning! What is that triggers us? That I just abandon all my well thought out plans? I know what it feels like to wake up with these tired eyes and this head and these kids to deal with, I've been, there done that!!! HELLO! I'm done with that??!! That's the freaking plan! Isn't it? So why do I do it? My family went out to dinner last night, which we rarely do and I found myself ordering my third glass of wine...okay, that's fine..but than came home and continued...what's with that??? I'm going for a long walk to sweat some of this poison out!! I'm not real pleased with myself, but I will start again today!!
    sm-Mary

aug 5th now I did it.

Was it a full moon???

Me too Mary -

Stressful week at work - we're short-handed due to vacations. Had to bring work home which I HATE to do. Got home all tense and tight and the dog and cat wanted attention and their treats and so on and so on. I guess I'm lucky I don't have little ones to contend with as well. Hubby got home from work and it was such a beautiful night we just sat on the patio and those scotch and sodas just kept sliding down. He was drinking coke. I finally quit before I was too far gone but still too much. Ah well, toay is a new day. Enjoy your walk - tomorrow will be better.

:l
    Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
    Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
    : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
    "

Comment

aug 5th now I did it.

yikes, me too.

I'm going to come back and read this again tonight, just to remind myself not to do it.

Seems like a bunch of people had a bad night last night.

Comment

aug 5th now I did it.

I probably would have ... if I wasn't working right up untill 11: 00 Pm last night! I did give one of the guys a ride home from work, so I stopped in @ one of the places I used work for a G&T. Not really part of my program... but it sure hit the spot!
        By the time I got home & had a glass of wine, I fell asleep, on the couch before I got around to the 2nd one I had serious plans for! .
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

aug 5th now I did it.

Hi all,

Soccermom Mary - it will get easier with time to stick with the plan. I found myself about 6 weeks into the MWO program just sucking it down & over doing it. It boiled down to my triggers as it was not a body craving but a mental craving especially after physical therapy. I would hurt and there would be my excuse, I deserved to not be in pain. I found that on the days I allowed myself to drink hard liquor I would overdo it! If you have the cds pull them out especially that 2nd track hypno tape. Not long to listen to but enough to calm you and help find those mental blocks . . well with me anyway! You will get there! I know you can!

Trish - I know you are trying really hard. I found also, I could have 2 drinks (hard alcohol) but not that third one as then I started to not care about my count. Judie, gave great advice on a thread some time ago. She would drink a full glass of water in between the alcoholic beverages. Has a way of keeping your count down further and for me mentally it stopped me going to that third one!

Judie, I am sorry you had to work so hard. Running your tush off!

I am back in today with 2 smaller projects to get finished so they can go to print on Monday and all my invoicing for 2 weeks. Hate that part but has to be done or the check book goes real empty and my bookkeeper gets on my case!

AF for me yesterday though traction on my neck made me feel like those chickens hanging in the Chinese restaurant windows! Iced it then heated it last night. Took Aleve and it was OK but not great.

Got up at 5:30 this morning - geez isn't this suppose to be my day off . . . .sort of? Did a ton of the housework, 30 minutes on the bike plus a nice soothing bath before I started running errands and made it down here.

Don't know about tonight - I think I may try for another AF as I already have a sinus headache from hell. Have had it for over a week now.

I think partially what has inspired me to do AF days and very little on some other days is I sleep much better now than before. alcohol seems to interrupt my sleep patterns. (Cat woke me at 5:30 with the rain coming in the window this AM - otherwise I would have gone until 7 I bet.)

Ladies, you can do it! I know you can!

Hugs,
          Mary

Comment

aug 5th now I did it.

Aug 5 now I did it

Hi all,

I just posted on General Discussion about last night as well. I now know I have to be completely aware of what I am doing. I can't get lax and have the fourth glass of wine...nothing really matters at that point. Today is a new day. I am back on track and ready to be back in control. We can do this...we have done this...Have a wonderful Saturday!

Peace,

Deanie

Comment

aug 5th now I did it.

Yeah Mary, and Soccermom, I think that Hypno part 2 is big help in getting &/or keeping on track. It has great suggestions on it. I just listened to it this morning, it doesn't tke too long either, which is a big plus... ...Speaking of time... better get in gear ...:l , Judie
              Back to more heavenly food fights! Oh... Love the Food Whore websight!TKS!
              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

aug 5th now I did it.

Just my report to myself

Hi..just my report to myself before I forget..

Drink Track
                Tues: 1 vodka tonic, 3 gl wine
                Wed: same
                Thurs: same
                Fri: same with 4th gl champagne, but didn't drink it. So...not drinking like a maniac addict at least

Topa
                Tues: 1 (25mg)
                Wed: 1
                Thurs: 1/2 (beginning to feel the dark side)
                Fri: 1/2 ( had insomnia) So.... think I will sick to 12.5 / day. I can definitely feel the benefits of thte drug.

Exercise

Tues No (had to go to NYC)
                Wed Swim
                Thurs Swim
                Fri Swim
                Sat Swim .So...Its a start....

Later~Luv~C

Comment

aug 5th now I did it.

mkr-mary--you are very inspirational to me! I need to work on working in some AF nights. I'm not there yet.
                  Oh---you are all inspirational to me!
                  I was drinking some Mountain Dew and my 8 year old son pointed to my glass and said, "Mom, there's your wine." It's really great that my 8 year old thinks everything Mom drinks is alcohol. I need to order those blasted CD's! Have a great night ladies~! Love you all a lot!
                  sm-mary

Comment

Working...
                  X