Aug 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aug 5

Morning everybody! Guess I'll start up a new one post here...

"What are we? A hank of hair and a piece of bone? A few cents worth of minerals? Or are we each a song? A unique chord struck deliberately to add to infinate harmony of the unverse?
    Many of us would like to agree with the last definition, but we dare not. We are sure that we are out of tune because too many of our notes are flat. We don't listen because we're afraid of what we might hear. We're certain we wouldn't like it.
    The consequence is that we would rather do almost anything than be quiet and listen. We work too much, talk too much- anything so we won't have to listen.
    But the hymn of the universe goes on whether we're listening or not. So we might as well tune in. Perhaps our spirits will be soothed enough to let our heads entertain some new ideas like "I'm not so bad. My note is a good sound"
    With practice, we can become very good at becoming still & listening. And in stillness, we can understand that the hymn wouldn't be the same without our notes."

Today I pray for the courage to listen...:l ....Judie
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Aug 5

Right on Judie! That is beautiful. Be still. Love.
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Aug 5

Glad ya like it... I'm finally getting a chance to sit still after a loonnggg day of running & throwing food @ people! Tomorro's my friday! Oh! It's here already! After midnight! Just sat down to enjoy a glass of wine... & I'm gonna do it!.... if it's the last thing I ever do!.....BUSY, BUSY, Busy, night...oops... almost forgot to take my topa... this waitin tables day & night can friggin kill ya!
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Aug 5

I hear ya on the Judy......about waiting tables at night. I think it just might be the death of me one of these Saturday nights! uch: (I love the emoticons)

I really enjoy reading all your posts, I like to jump in every now and again when I can. It is my nature to be the last one to say anything for fear I will say something really stupid. I think that is part of the reason I started drinking to begin with.....it helps me open up.

I just want to thank you all for being here when I need to know I'm not alone. :h
        :h :h :h :h

Comment

Working...
        X