Sunday 6th August!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday 6th August!

Good morning Absville! Welcome to another sober Sunday. Day 15 for me. Keep on abbing!
    Good luck everyone.

love Carole

Sunday 6th August!

Good Morning Abbers,
    Sorry for not being able to open the shop this morning, still having connection problems with those cheeky chappies at AOL....(who i'd like to beat to death with a stick)
    Thanks Carole for being on the ball this morning..
    Gonna check back in later..Running a bit behind this morning now....
    Have a good day all.......Wayne
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Sunday 6th August!

Good Morning,
      Let's see if I can post today without taking up the whole page. I flunked my typing class in high school oh so many years ago and unfortunatley my typing skills have not improved.
      Another gorgeous day here. Too bad I'll be sitting in a car for 8 hours but I'm feeling optimistic and in quite good humour.I made it through my dinner last night without wine so I'm happy about that. First time since May abs (and before then who knows when) since I ate a Saturday night dinner out without wine and guess what... it wasn't bad.
      Called my oldest son (19 yrs) and asked him why he had'nt come home yet(it was around midnight). He said he feel asleep on his friends couch. I asked him if he'd been drinking and he said "a bit" so I told him to stay at his friends house.Now I know he's 19 and off to college in 2 weeks and having "a bit" to drink is not the end of the world but my mother's intuition tells me he's doing more than drinking. Over the next few days while the other two are away I need to do some serious talking with him. I need every wit that I won sharp so don't need wine to "dull me" Hopefully that will keep me on the straight and narrow.
      So I've gone on about myself but I think of you all and wish you a happy and safe sunday.
      Janet

Comment

Sunday 6th August!

disappeared

I disappeared for obvious reasons. Without going into a lot of detail . . .I drank Wednesday (those damn voices in my head are quite talented at convincing me to drink) got up Thursday and immediately went to my doctor for anatbuse. So what did I do? Well, I gotta have one last hurrah before I start taking this stuff, right? Lets just say it did not turn out well. So I am on the antabuse, going back to AA (I may just have to finally accept that its what I need) and on day 3.

Great job to everyone who has done well--and others who have had a few learning experiences.

Kim

Comment

Sunday 6th August!

Day 7

I can't believe that I got through a Saturday! My hubby was a big help in his own little way - not saying anything but supporting whatever I want cheerfully. I have always been so scared that if I give up drinking, we would lose a lot that we have in common. Actually, it's probably pretty nice for him to have someone that stays awake past 8:00 PM to talk to.

Today is the first day I am actually feeling good. I've been having a headache the last few days - pounding last night. I took two Tylenol and it was gone this morning. I'm probably not getting enough to eat; when I don't drink, I tend to "diet" and get a little obsessive about food and my weight. I'm an "all or nothing" type of gal - I'll make some adjustments to make it work better for me.

Carole, congrats on day 15. I'll be saying that on the 14th!

Mac - catch you later. Let us know if you need bail $$ when you murder someone at AOL.

Janet - I went out to dinner and had water last night - so did hubby. The bill is much cheaper, and I remember what I ate. There were two guys next to us pounding Sam Adams and doing Jagger (pardon the spelling) shots. I bet THEY didn't get up this morning and do 50 minutes of aerobics. I know what you mean about the kids too. My 15 year old probably wondered who I was and what I did with his mother.

Kim, way to get back on track and not beat yourself up. We're here if you need us.

Off to work - have a great day.

Barb

Comment

Sunday 6th August!

Hi guys,
            Ok so Mac are you doin this week? If ya are love it that your late. I am the "Queen of Late" I actually like other late people cuz then I dont look so bad. I always warn new friends..."If late makes you mad then dont be my friend, cuz I will be makin you mad and I like you and dont wanna make you mad". Dont get me wrong....I not like hours....just the consistant 10-15 min's. Anyway....it works out nicely being in business for myself.

Hey Kim...oh well
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Sunday 6th August!

Hello Everyone-

I'm on day 7 and it has been so nice going a whole week without a hangover! I am getting so much more accomplished. I have also started working out again. I think that gives me even more incentive to not drink. I don't want to spend all that time at the gym and then consume a bunch of empty calories.

I love checking in here every day (even if I don't post). It's nice to know that there are others waging the battle with me.

We can do this!

Jackie M

Comment

Sunday 6th August!

Aug 6

Good Morning Abbers!

Glad to see everyone today and happy Sunday. We had dinner last evening with husband's daughterand her new boyfriend at this place in MD called the Chesapeake Inn. It was a total meat market with much, much alcohol being consumed. Very beach like atmosphere. All I could think was, thank GOD I don't have to do this every weekend, do some of these people know how riduculous they are behaving, and when can I go home! All and all, I was quite content to drink my iced tea and watch the show. But I don't need to see that again any time soon!

Carole - Happy 15! Thats great!
                Mac - I hear ya on AOL. I got rid of them eons ago and I STILL want to beat them upside the head. Hang in there.
                Janet - Don't have kids of my own but I do have a step-daughter that needs much guidance. The child tests me daily. You are right - be sharp for it. Its hard but important to stay on top of them.
                Kim - Glad you are back. I think everyone does the last hoorah and I don't know why. But you are taking the right steps and I know you'll find the peace you seek. Keep at it!:h
                Barb - I love getting exercise done early in the am! So much energy for the rest of the day. Its great! And its wonderful to get a check in the restaurant and have the bar bill be less than the food. I was shocked the first few times! (I used proceeds for a pair of cute shoes.....my other addiction).
                Gabby - fashionably late is OK!
                Jackie - Congrats on day 7. A week with out a hangover is a great feeling, isn't it? Keep up the great work!

Have a great day all!

Comment

Sunday 6th August!

nomore, I have a whole closet for my shoe addiction.

Comment

Sunday 6th August!

nomore, I have a whole closet for my shoe addiction.

Comment

Sunday 6th August!

Just incase you forget why you dont drink to excess anymore.....Does anyone remember what this is like?
                      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Sunday 6th August!

Mac.....that was a trick!

Comment

Sunday 6th August!

Ouchy!

Mac --

Ouchy! That hurts my eyes!

Gabby -- I have a closet too for my shoes - a special room - all their own! Glad to find someone who shares my passion. I say passion, husband says addiction.

Comment

Sunday 6th August!

Mine only went side to side, not up and down, Mac! Hmmmmm....
                            Kathy
                            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Sunday 6th August!

Wayne, thats an eye teaser!! Made me feel sick and swimmy yuk yes I do remember what thats like and a good reason not to go there again, I could almost hear my slurred voice as well.

Have I missed something here in absville, I hope I haven' t "trodden on any toes" today by being the first to post. Sorry if I have broken an unspoken rule didn't mean to,????

Comment

Working...
                              X