Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Church

Good morning my family in Christ, (I love that, its makes me feel so connected) When I first came to MWO I avoided posting on the christian thread because I said it sort of makes me feel like I am going to "church" and church is the last place I want to go right now! But I do visit this thread and reading through some of the posts I see that others too have had similar experiences with church. I know in my heart that God is speaking to His church. He quietly told me to stop being critical of the church, to love it, and pray for it, and I want to have the courage to go back to church some day, because the church needs people who have the courage to really connect with its hurting and wounded souls, just like us. All of our churches have them, hiding behind their happy facade, and being "good" christians. What a lie.

Has anyone read the book "So You don't want to go to church anymore?" by Jake Colsen. It is special, really got me thinking about this whole walk with Jesus. There is a web site and it was available to download, not sure if that is the case anymore as it is in hard print now. Take a look, its good.

Thank you I would like to share a prayer from the Celitic Daily Prayer Book of the Northumbrian Community:
    Christ as a light illumine and guide me, Christ as a shield overshadow me,
    Christ under me, Christ over me, Christ beside me - on my left and my right
    This day be within and without me, lowly and meek yet all powerful.
    Be in the heart of each to whom I speak, in the mouth of each who speaks unto me.
    This day be within and without me, lowly and meek yet all powerful.
    Christ as a light, Christ as a shield, Christ beside me
    On my left and my right.

God Bless all Love Carole
    L

Church

Carol, thanks for sharing with us your prayer. I'm happy to hear that you haven't given up on your church. The church is made up of people. People like you and me. All with one kind of problem or another, a lot of which is too personal to share for some. That is where I found myself. I loved the Lord Jesus as much as any of them, and served Him more than some of them, but because of the stigma attached to my personal problem, I wouldn't allow myself to share it with them. They may have, and probably would have, continued to love me, because if we love as Christ loves, our love is unconditional. I was the reason I wouldn't share. My up-bringing made drinking a dispicable, diplorable, sin, one of which a true Christian would be found guilty of. This is why the church has been left clueless on how to deal with the problem. I do, however, think it is getting the idea, that in this day and time, with stresses even Christian's face, that the Christian Community is vunerable to worldly problems and pressures same as the non Christian, and sometimes we choose the wrong approach to dealing with them and need help with the consequences same as a non Christian, but using a different approach. I love my church, and thank my God that He kept me close to Him and it, even when I made wrong choices. There were other things going on in my life besides my drinking that could only be filled at my church by my church family. I encourage you to love your church. It is the Bride of Christ. He loves it and is coming again for it. Who knows, there maybe someone there who needs the help, that only you can give. In His Love,
    :heart: Eliziby :heart:

Comment

Church

Sophia:

That was very inspirational!

Thank you!
      Brandy:thanks:

Comment

Church

I love that Sophia. I am going to try to remember that each morning as I start my day. Will definitely check out that book! Thank you....Gina:h

Comment

Working...
        X