Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

posole

posole

Where I grew up, we called posole hominy, and I still love it to this day. This sounds like a great recipe. I am trying it tomorrow. thanks
    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

posole

yep! posole is the mexican version, but it usually had shredded pork in it (i'm a vegetarian).

enjoy!

Comment

posole

I think I might like this. I hope I can find dried corn.
        Thx peacenik!
        Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
        April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
        wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
        wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
        wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
        wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
        wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
        wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
        http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

posole

I make this every year for New Year's Day, which they do in Mexico for good luck. I put pork in mine. Depending on where you live, dried posole might be hard to find, but you can buy canned hominy at any grocery store. Either the white or yellow is fine (they taste the same to me).

Comment

posole

i found it when i was in taos nm, but i think major groceries have it in the produce section where the dried mexican spices, dried peppers and corn husks are.

peace!

Comment

posole

I made this last Sunday and it was FABULOUS! I used canned hominy (posole) which I found in the hispanic food section of the grocery store. I used whatever hot green peppers I found at the grocery store. I used two whole long green hot chili peppers and it came out spicy but not too hot to eat. It was just right. I'm also vegetarian and I cut up some seitan into small pieces and added it in. We scooped it onto organic corn tortilla chips when we ate it and I swear hubs and I could eat this every night. It is great. Thanks so much for this recipe. It is now a staple in my house. I am making a big pot this weekend and freezing it down and giving it to my son the college student. He'll love it.

Comment

posole

P.S. I'm eating the leftovers right now for lunch. YUM!

Comment

posole

Peace,
                  What are hatch green chiles and how big a can of tomatoes 14 oz or 28 oz? Thanks for the recipie; I'm going to try it. I assume you don't put the water in when you use canned hominy (maybe use more than 2C canned hominy?) Krigs
                  "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

posole

Yes, drain the liquid off the canned hominy.

Comment

posole

i'm sorry, i'm one of those people who doesn't use recipes or measurements...i do it by taste, so if you like tomaotes put alot in!

krigs, i literally throw everything in a stew pot and simmer it for 2-3 hours, so with hominy, i'd say you could cut the cooking time by and hour at least?

hatch is a brand of roasted green chiles from new mexico, you can find them in any american grocery.

i'm so glad you love tis mags! and a fellow vegetarian to boot!!!

peace

Comment

Working...
                      X