Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday 8th August

Good morning Abbers,
    I got a long hard day ahead of me today ( wifes birthday ) and i'm still aching from Monday night football last night...Will be a long day...But should be a good one.
    Oh and thankyou for all the kind comments about Callum...aka..LittleMac...(suppose my dads BIGMAC)

Gabby, hope you have a great day on Thursday with your Dad, i get to see mine on Friday and i'm really looking forward to it also.
    Kathy, sorry you've been down in the dumps latley...It must get better soon. I,m amazed you get time to be down with all of your projects...New website...couple of thousand flags to sew...And if you cant relax on a Sunday, when can you?
    Shas and Dieann, the swimmer and the runner..I hope we find you in fine fettle on this beautiful Tuesday morn?
    Myfavouritemartin,congratulations on i think day 9?
    Susan, aka Clever Clogs, hope your having a wonderful time in Vermont..I havn't got a clue where it is but it sounds nice.
    Kim, if the voices start...You just gotta shout louder.
    Bubba, i know your having a really tough time latley..Hang in there...dead chuffed you got your licence back.
    Barb, sooo glad you are feeling the way you are at the moment,you sound like your bursting with energy.
    Annifofanni, still the best name here. I don't know if you are on anything to come off the alcahol,but i know cold turky can be dangerous sometimes depending on the amount you were drinking. Glad your feeling better and positive again now though.
    Matt, Wahey..great to have you back..Thumbs up for not going downstairs...shows a lot of guts.
    Janet, sounds like you really got your head screwed on regarding the triggers.....Keep it up.
    Marcie, firstly well done on passing the magic month mark..
    Secondly i cant imagine what you , your sister and her family are going through,i think everyone here will have their fingers crossed for you all.

Right thats enough...this is the 3rd time i've wrote this from loosing my connection...
    If i,ve missed someone out ( and i always do )...really sorry...(again)

Have a good day all.......Love Wayne:l
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Tuesday 8th August

Macks... You are The Sunshine of my Life..... Song in there somewhere ??? !!! You always make me smile - One in a Million. Said it before, will say it again- YOU make me continue ploddin on through this Sahara... Love to you and your wife - HAPPY BIRTHDAY... Hope you have pushed the boat out - only 30 once. X
    Anyway Mackers, hope you have a lovely time.
    Liz - Bambs - Bubbs XXXXXXX
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Left out your children... Hope they ok too.. goes without saying,. My Daddy who doesn't drink... Loads of snuggles to you Macks and your family.
      Liz
      xxxx
      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Hi Absvillers
        Didn't check in yesterday, was annoyed with myself, lost the plot over the weekend, don't know why, and gave in to my gremlins, although I didn't drink half as much as I normally would. Just felt out of sorts, couldn't understand why, so gave into a few glasses of wine. Was doing so well up to day 5, anyway back on board again yesterday, now day 6 out of 8. I know this is another day, so pick myself up, dust myself down, and get back on board and try, try again. Yesterday was no problem at all, must be the weekend.
        Have a good day everyone.
        Hugs

Mary:l

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Wayne, wanted to say that you have very lovely devil on your hands in that pic. I haven't posted lately because there isn't much to say and I'm in the middle of many changes, internal/external, so I'm taking care of business and putting my word in where necessary. You are doing great and it's wonderful that you've taken the abs lead to give others a bit of a break! Stay the course.:l

[quote=Mackeral]Good morning Abbers,
          I got a long hard day ahead of me today ( wifes birthday ) and i'm still aching from Monday night football last night...Will be a long day...But should be a good one.
          Oh and thankyou for all the kind comments about Callum...aka..LittleMac...(suppose my dads BIGMAC)

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Okay, Wayne, if Callum is Little Mac, and Dad is Big Mac, then what are you? Middle Mac? Or as Susan would say, Chopped Liver? Gotta love NY! Hope you're well in Vermont, Susan, oh, and Vermont is up near Canada, Wayne, just east of upstate NY! I feel the same when people say where they're from in England! Unless it's London or Liverpool, I have to get out a map!

CV, it's good to see you! And Madison, welcome to the crowd! Although we have a few here who have stopped and never looked back, many of us have had a few times where we just went "whoops!" and ended up on our butts! Just keep on trying! I have had to get up and brush myself off quite a few times, but I'm still standing!

Keep on trucking, Bambs, I know you've had a rough couple of days!

I feel a bit better today. I've been feeling lonely and angry that I'm 50 and a bit daunted at how difficult it might be to really build a new life for myself with new social networks (that don't focus on alcohol) and new activities. Also, I'm still working on my career, and part of me wishes I could be "cruising" a little more at this point. I also wish I had a partner or love interest. At any rate, last night I got to thinking that I could be married but not necessarily happily, or be in a dead-end job, or have a network of friends that I wasn't so happy with anyway--in other words, I might have those things, but I might not necessarily be happier, per se. I realized that I really needed to adjust my attitude. It's okay to feel some anger about my situation, but I don't need to let it DOMINATE how I'm thinking or feeling. So, I woke up this morning feeling more optimistic, which felt nice. And, of course, it is just THOSE KINDS OF FEELINGS that I've been sidestepping with the alcohol for these years! So I'm done with my pity party, at least for now!

Anyway, I hope that everyone has a good Tuesday.

Hugs and love to all!:l

Kathy

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Mornin All,
              Nice intro Mac. Happy Birthday Mac's Wife! Sounds like a very fine family you have. :l

Good to see you Cynthia! Speaking for all ....we have missed you. I know how it is tho. Life is busy and ya just cant be EVERYWHERE all the time.

Mary, way to hop yourself back up on your feet and move on.
              I kinda think of this place absville a place not where everyone is PERFECT and never screws up....yuck.
              But a place where people are trying to improve and grow. Doin their very bestest to change their negative addictive behaviors. Knowin they are goin to stumble along the way.

Bambs, Kathy, and everyone else, happy day and bye. gabby
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Okay Gabby, you just made my telly go black and white and the show Pleasantville popped on and tried to suck me through the screen!:eeks:

I kinda think of this place absville a place not where everyone is PERFECT and never screws up....yuck.

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Good morning! Made it through the first week! Yahoo!

Happy birthday to your wife, Wayne! Ya'll have fun!

Kathy, thanks for sharing your "ah ha" moment! Excellent!

I'm doing OK. It's hardest between 5 and 8 p.m. and sometimes at lunch, which I think is actually hunger! Once I start eating, I'm fine. I have lost three pounds, and I'm feeling good!

Hope everyone has a fabulous Tuesday! And if you're not, come post about it!
                  Diane M.

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

hi absters,
                    I'm ashamed to say that I went belly up last night. Friends came over and I caved right in...or more accurately the cork popped and I dove right in. I am suffering today.!!!!I feel so humbled by those of you who have worked so hard for all the sober days you have accumulated. I feel like an atheist going to church...taking part in the ceremony and fellowship but not carrying through where it reallt counts
                    I am going to dust myself off get going again. We all know that drinking to excess is bad( believe me I can attest to that right now). The night before last when I had 2 glasses was no better as I was obsessing about how I could possibly get more(fortunately I couldn't). Not drinking is so much more peaceful. Now why can I not follow through???
                    Has anyone had any luck with a non-drinking support group???.AA scares me but I have never attended a meeting so I don't know why I'm being so pre-judgemental.
                    Once again, you all inspire and humble me. Thank you.
                    Janet

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Janet, dust yourself off and get back on the wagon! It is easier to abs than to do moderation.

Have you read Allan Carr's book?

Forgive yourself! We're all human!
                      Diane M.

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

day 5

Wayne you have been doing a great job!! Congrats on doing such a fine job of leading us.

Matt--great job on your vacation. They get the guests all lubed up from 5-7p so that they can start charging $5 a drink and no one cares. But it is a great point on being careful about those "free" Happy Hours"--I can imagine the next time I go to book a room--"Do you offer a free Happy Hour?" --"You do? Well I can't stay at your hotel--thanks!"

Janet it is tough and hang in there--and don't give up. After my last incident-which was only 5 days ago--I headed back to AA. I am being open minded and taking what I need for now. I realize now its always that little voice that tells me that I don't need to go--they got it all wrong ect, ect. Just trying to trick me. It does help me--those people are really serious about their sobriety--and I need that. And there is nothing to be scared of--everyone got there trying like hell to keep the glass in hand. And those silly little sayings have stopped me from drinking more than once.

Everyone have a great day--sun is shining in Absville!

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Kim, what silly little sayings?

I imagine AA is a great group, both in terms of support and friendship. Good for you for doing what you need to do!

When I read your posts here and on yahoogroups, I see a LOT of strength. Thank you for sharing!
                          Diane M.

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Hi all. Really down today and I don't know why. Don't feel like doing much of anything. I sure hopes this passes.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Hiya NMW,
                              i know what you mean, i get a few of them days myself....Not a lot you can do i know, just gotta ride it out,and it will soon pass and you'll be happy and proud again of yourself before you know it.....
                              Take care....Mac :l
                              I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                              One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X