Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brunello where are you

Hi Brunello
    Where are you?? The thread is closed where we were talking before so i cant respond to you..I will try and send you a personal message.
    Hugs
    Jen
    Over 4 months AF :h

Brunello where are you

Jen glad to hear from you brunello

jen.

I looked for youas well, who closed the thread. not sure how all of this works yet,. I will try to get hte hang of it. how are you doing. I am fine I guess. waiting for my campral. but still, without the book and vitamins etc, but am on revia or naltraxone, I am doing great. had one glass of wine last night to relax with a friend, but that was it. I never used to be able to do that,. so that is such an improvement. It is so empowering to know you can have one or two. When I was abstinent It was like a had a chip on my shoulder. I was angry at other people for drinking. ridiculous Iknow. but this way, you realize it is not the be all in the world. how are you doing these days. what is your story, I read from a thread that you are twenty nine. that is young to get this in order, good for you girl. I am 41, and wished I had gotten control a lot earlier, so do myorgans I am sure.

Comment

Brunello where are you

Hi!

Hi Brunello
      I understand where you are coming from. I might be only 29 but I have been drinking heavily since 15 so I am sure my body feels like I am much older.
      I know what you mean about the whole - being abstinent and being angry about other people drinking. That's why i dont think i - for now at least - could do the abstinence thing. However, i do find that the moderation thing is working just fine for me for now.
      My story - i am 29 - live in markham ontario. Born in Quebec - moved to Ontario (Markham) when I was 5. Started drinking at 15 - very heavily by 17. Have been drinking ever since. Am a lawyer. Used to wake up hung over at least 2 times a week, often more like 3-4 times a week. Usually drank at least 6 times a week. Drank on average a bottle-2bottles a night of wine - way more on weekends.
      Now - i drink a glass or two (if any) a night. On weekends, might have a bit more, but have not gotten drunk once since i started topa on July 10th. Not one hangover. Might still drink a little too much, but WAAY better than I was.
      Anyways, feel free to ask me anything else. You sound like you are doing great!! :h
      Hugs
      Jen

Comment

Brunello where are you

my real name is Lisa. Good for you on your moderation. that is wonderful. was it the topo that did it for you. I am getting the campral hopefully next week. what kind of law do you practice. also, why did you go on topo and not on naltraxone or revia. I am exactly the same drinking pattern as you. I have 3 kids now but a nanny so I can be hungover. I like youl have not had a hangover or a blackout or been drunk since May 12. that is awesome. I was blacking out almost every night, after a bottle of wine and sometimes 2. I am also on antidepressants, which doesn;'t help much. anyway, would love to talk to you about the topa. You must be very smart to keep your career, and nip this in the bud. going out for a boat ride with the kiddies. talk to you soon. Lisa

Comment

Brunello where are you

Hey Lisa
          I am also on antidepressants - celexa. I was on Effexor before and that made me CRAZY with the drinking.
          I chose topa because it just sounded like so many people here were doing so well with it. I practice corporate/commercial law now (used to do family/personal injury stuff - very high stress).
          I would love to talk to you too.
          Email me anytiome - personal email - jen_m_long@yahoo.com
          If you have msn messenger feel free to add me to your list - jen_long2@hotmail.com
          Hugs
          Jen

Comment

Brunello where are you

hey jenneh
            how much topa are you currently taking?

Comment

Working...
            X