Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Earth - Eckhart Tolle

A New Earth - Awakening to your life's purpose

Eckhart Tolle is the author of the #1 Bestseller The Power Of Now and the highly acclaimed follow-up A New Earth which are widely regarded as two of the most influential spiritial books of our time.

Eckhart's profound yet simple teachings have already helped countless people throughout the world find inner peace and greater fulfillment in their lives. At the core of the teachings lies the transformaition of consciousness, a spiritual awakening that he sees as the next step in human evolution. An essential aspect of this awakening consists of transcending our ego-based state of consciousness. This is a pre-requisite not only for personal happiness but also for the ending of violent conflict endemic on our earth.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last night I joined my local woman's club to watch the screening of Oprah interviewing Eckhart.
    Each week a chapter is discussed in detail and worksheets and exercises are included free of charge.

It can be downloaded and watched in the comfort of your own home -- each session is about 1 1/2 hours.

Download the A New Earth Web Classes - Oprah.com
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

DB, I read the first book by Tolle, not the second one. There is something about this guy that bothers me, for some reason. It's not really about anything that he "teaches" (everything that he writes about is part of what is usually called the "Perennial Philosophy," the ancient teachings of all the great religions, including quite a lot of Buddhist thought. I think it is the way he presents himself as having discovered all these ideas on his own, in a sort of flash of inspiration or genius... And now, behold, he is making a fortune on these books. It just puts me off, a bit. I don't know if I am just being overly cynical and skeptical, or if others have the same sort of reaction to the Tolle phenomenon.... ?

Comment

I was wondering what your thought's were Wip.
      I haven't read anything of his before but a friend recommended I read "New Earth". For me it is not an easy read, especially chapter one which is very conceptual. So when the opportunity arose to listen to a discussion of the book, I thought, "great, it will all be explained simply".
      I did get kinda annoyed in a "roll my eyes" kinda way at Oprah trying to always jump on the band wagon with her "A-ha moments" but I quite enjoyed the way the book was explained.
      I am a guilable person by nature so it's helpful for me to hear your skeptisim and start to question.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I haven't read the "New Earth" yet but I have heard others speak highly of it...I like most of his basic teachings...I have hardly ever read a book that I agree completely with. If I find one idea in a book that I can put into practice and use as a life tool then I consider the book was well worth my time to read...
        I found some valid points that made a positive difference to me in his work...I will surely give this new work a read...Thanks for posting about it Dee.
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Always a pleasure Evie.
          If you click on the link you can dowload the sessions but TBH I am busy trying and it's taking forEVER!

Comment

Hi DeeBee

I have read "New Earth" and "The Power of Now". As I understand it Tolle is trying to explain ancient wisdom and the spiritual plan for the earth, he refers to this as the evolution of human consciousness. In other writings it is referred to as spirit and matter coming closer together, in which we understand that we are spirit having a human experience.

Consciousness I understand as awareness, and it is consciousness that lives on after we die. Consciousness is personalised by our soul, spirit and the personality we have left behind. Our purpose is to be who we truly are as soul and spirit, shining our light, rather than pretending to be something else. The key to a peaceful earth is for humanity to recognise that all is interconnected, the mineral, vegetable and plant, animal, and human kingdoms, and the fifth; the kingdom of the soul.

When we recognise this interconnectedness then there has to be peace, because in hurting another we are hurting ourselves. We are very close to a time when a more spiritual age will begin and I believe that we are witnessing the preparation for that time with the breaking down of the old systems and ways of thinking. There is a real acceptance now that thoughts have power and eventually an understanding that the universe is a mental one, as we think so is our world and so on.
            Options

Have you finished the book, I would be interested to know what you think.
            I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Im a big fan of E.T. and "A new Earth" is the first book of his that I have read. Actually I have the audio book series and I highly recommend it as i've found this is one of those books you really have to listen to repeatedly to absorb and comprehend the entirety of the messages.

the most interesting experience I had at 'burning man' last year was at an Ekhart Tolle discussion group. there we were about 25 wind blown people from all parts of the planet, sitting on the desert floor discussing philosophy. it was quite an experience.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

The "New Earth" sounds like The "Celestine Prophecy". We are all interconnected beings with everything on earth and in the universe. All our matter/energy came from the same place. I will have to read the Tolle book....sounds interesting.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Working...
                X