Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mastery: The keys to success and long term fulfilment

Hi all,

I've just begun this book by George Leonard, an aikidoist. I was directed to it by another author ( in a book of his ) named Tom Peters. It speaks about the way and the enviroment people experience in their path towards mastering any discipline in life, not only martial arts, but any skill we may want to be good at.

It looks promising, will keep you informed.

regards

Look forward to hearing more, Kling. Particularly the martial arts side.........G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I'd be interested in hearing more, as well. Long-term fulfillment seems pretty elusive sometimes...
      ~K.

Comment

I have read up to chapter 4. It has been criticizing the "instant reward" culture, also it has analized three types of people as it regards to approaching any discipline.

very interesting that thing of the "instant reward culture" vs the "plateau" and the concept of "learning as an end in itself".

are you a martial artist guitarista ? I used to practice karate during several years, and simply loved it. I hope i can re enter the dojo one day.

regards

BTW the book is available on P2P networks

Comment

Working...
        X