X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mod Squad Weekly Thread for the Week of March 9, 2009

****Wake up my little lovelies!!!!!****

It's my favorite day of the week, you know
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Good morning, buds! Life is good-I'm dashing out the door but wanted to take a minute to wish you all a beautiful day in Mod land!
    Toughen up!

Comment

Gang,
      Lots of good modding things to tell. Had 1 drink after the Temptations concert - ordered a white and a red for hubby and the bartender brought 2 reds. So he corrected the mistake but gave us the 2nd red for free. Hubby didn't want it and the BT said "Well, I'll only have to waste it" so he left it. Hubby absolutely DIDN'T want it and the old me would have scarfed it up in a hurry but you know what? With modding I didn't want it either as I had had one drink hours earlier with dinner and didn't want a 3 drink total and didn't want 2 wines back to back under an hour...so...the mod life is the good life...that little red wine got wasted!!
      Went to a potluck dinner with church members Sat. and it was amazing how one guy and one gal kept drinking and drinking. I actually had to CRINGE because I could see the old me in her. After they finished off the 3 bottles for the 8 of us she went to her hidden stash and kept drinking!! Interesting that my hubby didn't observe it at all but I was so aware of it and so thankful it wasn't me behaving like that. I had 2 over the course of pre-dinner/dinner/after dinner. Sipped slowly with water in between and awoke the next day with No remorse, NO hangover and SO thankful I wasn't the guy or gal overdrinking. Yes...the mod life IS the good life.
      Hugs,
      Eve11
      hi M&J
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Great Stories, Eve...

:goodjob:
        I'm proud of you.
        Some might wonder why we choose to live like this, as if Modding is such an effort; but it's not any more an effort than going AF in the early stages.
        Eventually this is second nature; we limit our intake; we smile and thank our lucky stars when we see drunks behaving like our "old" selves.
        The Mod IS the Good LIfe...and with some care, WE CAN HAVE IT ALL!!!
        ~kID~
        ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Hi Kid and Delta.

Eve-that's a great post. Thank you.

I'm hoping to hop across and join the mods, but plan on taking it carefully. Am thinking about my 'rules'

Off to bed - night!

Bx
          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Happy Monday. I like this month, it is like a command everyday. March Ninth!

Betty you sig line cracks me up, can I borrow it? Eve, well done. Hi Delta, bye Delta! Hey Kid I see you have us all corralled and in line for the week. :H Who besides me had a hard time getting up an hour earlier today?

I'm looking forward to a better week than last week. Hope everyone is doing well. xo Beth
            vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Kid. Jeez! Just got finished reading in "research." I didn't feel the need to add my two cents there as I think enough of our modders got their point across eloquently! We are adults. We make choices everyday. Everyone needs to make their choices whether it be what to read and believe, how to live their lives, and everyone has a voice. Your post, Kid, was placed in the correct section. They have the choice of whether they want to read it, believe it, or ignore it. Do they turn off the TV everytime an ad for alcohol comes on? If you watch football, isn't every other ad a beer ad?

Delta - you sound absolutely radiant! Good for you. I've never been clubbing and dancing before without a few in me. I think that would be the biggest trigger for me. What freakin' control!!!!!!! Awesome.

Eve, I'm so glad to see your modding worked well for you this weekend. Yes, when we see others lapping up the AL, it's easy to back off of it and thank our lucky starts it ain't us!

Hi Lila! Miss you. Stop back or pm or something.

Deebs - Never wake boarded before. I would assume it takes great physical coordination to do that. Ok, I guess maybe that's not for me then, but it sounds fun.

We got a burst of some warm weather this weekend, and it was great. Lost an hour of sleep, but still, that means springtime is just around the corner.

Hi B, cyclefan (yes, losing an hour is a killer), TG (are you really only 18? Very wise for your age, my girl), Sun (Sunbeam Style!!!!) and Ask, have a great day.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

j-vo- I just love you! :l
                Thanks for being so UP and supportive all the time.
                Toughen up!

Comment

Long Overdue Hello

Hi all:

Have been reading but haven't had the "mental space" to post. Day off today, so feel like I'd like to share two things.

The first was a hard experience. I have been spending time with a girlfriend who learned that a guy she had been dating on and off since November was found dead in his apartment - due to alcohol. He was 44, divorced and had a 9 year old son. My friend had stopped seeing him about a month ago because she couldn't have the drama of a active drinker in her life (she has a young son as well and has been through a divorce with her crazy husband). She feels terribly responsible and guilty about his death, and of course the lack of details are driving her crazy. It make me so sad . . and at the same time so grateful for all the good MWO does for folks. . . I guess I don't have people close to me who could die from alcohol use, and this experience made me both more aware of the risk to some of my friends on these boards, and more grateful for MWO and my situation of being able to manage my alcohol use.

On the up side, we had a spring like couple of days and I've been running into people I haven't seen for a while and I keep getting this reaction "You look TERRIFIC!" to which I mumble, "thanks I lost some weight" but I was thinking about it the other day, and I think its more than that. My folks noticed it when I was in Florida. I look younger. I think the "weight' but also I think there is another kind of lightness - a spiritual unencumbering - of the negativity and guilt : I want to say those feelings were associated with drinking but I think that's too simple - those feelings were associated with many aspects of my life and I feel like I've just let a lot of the negativity and guilt GO. I am happier. I feel proud of myself and accomplishments, in a way that I didn't before. I am good.

So I wanted to share that too.

You all are an important part of my journey, and I carry you in my heart EVERY SINGLE DAY.
                  With love,

Ask

Comment

Ask,
                    I am so glad to hear that. Besides not drinking, can you share what else is going on?
                    For me, not drinking has given me an unexpected feeling of empowerment. And...I have more time!
                    Lila

Comment

Have just been and put my zero in, and am officially coming over to the 'mod side'. No firm plan as yet other than no wine at home. I promise to try not to 'post and run' anymore, but I'm coming down off my '30 day high' and am ready to crash.

A very grateful Betty. x
                      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

hi all,kid its always interesting to here what you have to say,its also nice to see the modding is going well for ya all,it is a challenge , to realise all the years we drank,we couldn't figure out the torture we were causing us,[ourselves]i think this forum is a good one,congrats to all of you folks.i do wish you all well and have a wonderful day gyco

Comment

J-vo you sound positive and happy. Good to hear from you.

Ask, thank you so much for sharing your "lightness". I'm happy for you.

Lila, please share what you are doing with your free time. I am looking for craft ideas, do you have any?

Hi gyco, thanks for visiting.

Betty, doesn't that 30 days feel good? I hope your modding plans work out the way you want. I'm still working on mine, for me it was not instant, and I am still refining and experimenting. Best wishes and I'm glad you are posting here.

Another slow Tuesday I hope work picks up soon. Take it easy everyone! xo Beth
                          vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Hey Modders...

What a GREAT sounding group!!!
                            Ask: Welcome back;
                            you know there's always a place at the table for you here in Modder Land.
                            You sound wonderful; strong, and in control.
                            Lila: Good to see you around more. We wonder about our friends when they are off wandering; but it's all about self discovery isn't it?
                            Sweaty Betty: Will this be a dangerous time for you?
                            30 days is so great! We want to do our part to help you with the next step.
                            The Mod life is wonderful, but I don't want you to crash and burn, OK?
                            Hi Gyco: Always good to hear your positive input.
                            Beth: How's your weather there? Do you bike or just follow the sport, I forgot?
                            I'm breaking mine out soon. Nothing like pedaling the blues away...
                            Hi to everyone else that hasn't posted yet today!!
                            Have a great one, Ladies (and gentlemen)
                            "The Mod Life is the Good Life"

~Kid~
                            ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

:thumbs::happy::wd::yay::wave:Congtrats on 30 AF Betty.
                              Starting over again
                              ray:

Comment

Working...
                              X