Wednesday 9th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday 9th August

Whew!! Day 10 is coming to a close for me.
    And I'm feeling fairly stressed..
    Hope everyone else is going strong!
    :heart:
    MFM
    myfavouritemartian

Wednesday 9th August

Morning abbers,
    MFM, Only yesterday for me on that day 10. But now its 64! (OMG) Seems like forever but really it just keeps talleying up quicker than ya think. Just keep on lookin ahead and you'll be there before you know it. And man oh man it feels so good! Still have the stress and miss the alcohol. But it gets easier to plow through as I go. : )
    Hope everyones day is good. Gabby
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Wednesday 9th August

Day 1 over for me, MFM! Congrats on day 10. Here's to day 2. Hubby is out of town for 2 days, unfortunately. I just found out he had to leave last night. Grrr! It's more difficult for me to not drink when he's not here (the accountability factor).
      SO glad I have all of you to be accountable to now!
      I won't screw up today. I will be abs.
      But the stupid head games will start in the afternoon....man I wish I could have stayed on the topa. Oh well. You are all so much HAPPIER when you complete your AF days.
      Looking forward to that emotion tomorrow morning! I will be CLOSE today.
      Thanks.

Everyone have a great day! Go in chat a lot

Comment

Wednesday 9th August

Hello Absville!

Hey there guys,

Well its day 14 for me an im feelin pretty good about myself, been out an about in the car gettin quotes for a new door ( which i destroyed whilst driving under the influence a few months back ) so scary when i think about it now, i was so stupid.
        Anyway iv also been the gym 2 days running and my muscles are killing me but its a really good feeling cause i know im doing myself some good.
        I aint sayin its easy..was in tesco's earlier and i lingered far to long in the wine section, had a real battle with myself.. but i didnt give in. I just hope i can keep this up cause its the best feeling iv had in years.
        Good luck to all of you who are just starting out, this site really helps as theres always someone here to support you.

Lots a love

Lou Lou x x x
        "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Wednesday 9th August

day 6 here

So glad to be moving in the right direction....

Lou so glad to see that you are back and doing well. I was in CVS yesterday looking for tissues and around the corner I go...and there it all sits. It was just more of a shock because that wasn't what I was expecting to see. Just put my head down and kept trucking along.

Have a baseball game tonight where I host clients in a suite. I never drink at these things...but because of past posts by some others I am wondering if it starts the compulsion. Now that I am aware of it--I will be able to better evaluate the emotions that go with it. I always eat too much at these things...and feel like crap the next day. I am going to really be on top of it, because I know that feeling like crap the next day from all the bad food sets me in a bad place.

Happy Wednesday!

Comment

Wednesday 9th August

Hi Abbers

Day 7 of 9 for me, blew it at the weekend, but not too much, anyway back on track, and looking to a few more abbs days, baby steps as they tell me.

MFM well done on day 10, you're doing great.
            Gabby, wow, day 64, tremendous, well done, you're such an inspiration, I hope I get to say "day 64".
            Becca, well done on day 2, keep hanging in there while hubby is away
            Lou Lou - day 14, how great, I can relate to lingering in the wine section in Tesco's, have to really get a grip of myself to carry on walking past those bottles shouting to me.

Best of luck everyone, have a good abbs day, lots of hugs.

Madison :l

ps Discovery, well done on day 6, almost left you out!

Comment

Wednesday 9th August

Hi everyone --

Glad to see so many people already checking in. Plodding along, still a bit in the dumps and STILL dont know why - but whatever! It will pass, it will pass. Have a good day all.

Comment

Wednesday 9th August

Morning Absville!

Still up here in Vermont, hence the "Vermont Green" font! Just checking in on this "creaky" computer....

BTW. for all of you not in the US, as Kathy said, Vermont is a state (like a province) in the northeast of the US... It is in a region which is also known as "New England" (together with the states of New Hampshire and Massachusetts) since it so resembled England to the first English settlers to arrive here.... Actually, much of Vermont itself is mountainous and looks more like Wales. In the late 18th century, before joining the union of the United States, Vermont was independent and called "The People's Republic of Vermont"!

Now, I KNOW you all wanted that geography/history lesson!! I can see the ego (eyes glazed over) from here!! :eeks:

MFM (10!), Gabby (64!), Discovery (6!), Mary (7!)--congratulations! And welcome, Becca...remember we ALL started at Day 1--and it's Day 2 now isn't it! Lou, welcome back--and already on Day 14!

The way I cope with sudden tempations: I look at alcohol and remember that I'm allergic to it--I break out in drunks! :H

:h
                susan
                "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Wednesday 9th August

Hey, No More, I was posting at the same time....

Sometimes the best we can do is to keep on plodding--and you're doing it.... I won't offer any flip remarks and no happy, happy talk...just hang on--I can personally attest to the fact that this does indeed pass...and every ploddy day is closer to the better days to come...:l Stay close here and be gentle with yourself....:l

:heart: susan
                  "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Wednesday 9th August

Day 10

I am on day 10 - two digits!! I am going to have absolutely no problem getting through August! I toughed it out the first weekend but will definitely have my time better organized this weekend so that I am not sitting around moping about poor me.

We got a call last night from some friends - they are coming from Colorado to Phoenix to stay with us. They have some plans while they are down here, but I am already starting to get nervous. This guy is coming with a new wife - one of my hubby's old "drinking buddies". He's got some health issues, so maybe he had to quit. This will be my first "test".

It's not until after my month is done, but I am not sure I want to go back there. I am not doing topa, and the supplements send me to intestinal hell, so I've made some adjustments. My dream is to be moderate, but it scares me to think of the floodgates opening again. I feel so great that I am not sure that I want to go back to feeling like crap - but I miss it. I miss the people; I miss the laughter, raunchy jokes, the comradery. I also remember many times sitting at the bar being bored out of my mind until the buzz kicked in. Richard Prior said it best when he stopped smoking crack - the highs aren't so high, but the lows aren't so low.

I haven't even finished this month, and I am worried about next. That's me in a nutshell!

Have a great day.

Barb

Comment

Wednesday 9th August

Happy Wednesday All,
                      I have recuperated after my fall off the wagon on Monday night and actually something good came out of it. I had called Women for Sobriety several months ago and found out they had no group meetings in my area. Well I re-investigated yesterday and learned that they started a new meeting in my area so i will attend the group next week. They are a women only support group those who want to stop drinking. I was not particularly looking for a women only group but i like their positive take charge philosophies. Sort of like this site it seems like they seek sobriety with strength and a take charge attitude.
                      I appreciate your remarks Discovery. They propelled me to call and look for a meeting. I have to take my sobriety seriously.I think my attitude was... well if sobriety comes my way that will be great... I have to work for it
                      Have a great day all. I hope to check in later.
                      Janet

Comment

Wednesday 9th August

Hi, I wish I had time to post more today, and hopefully, I'll have some time later!! It's been one thing after another this morning, and I have clients almost all afternoon. I really MUST get started sewing!!!

So I can't say much that's personal, except I'm glad that everyone is here! And welcome, Martian!!! Smooches to you, glad you're back!!!

Another terrific night's sleep last night! Yummy! I will try to check in later, though.

Lots and lots of love!!
                        Kathy
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Wednesday 9th August

Day 9

Good morning absville! Day 9 here. Yesterday was tough - maybe too much sugar?

One good thing happened. I'd moved 9 bottles of red wine from my kitchen wine rack into my storage unit in the basement of the building where I'm renting a condo. I took a box of swimwear down there last night and I had to look in the box to remember what was in it.

Thinking I might continue my abs past August 31 until I have lost 12 pounds. But I don't like to think too far ahead or else I might get nervous! So, I'll just concentrate on the 9th Day! LOL!

Sounds like everyone is doing well with abs, challenges and all.
                          Diane M.

Comment

Wednesday 9th August

Wfs

Janet so glad you rechecked it out. I am familiar with WFS and do like the program--but there are no meetings here--which I need. Their message boards have some great women on it--and they are very serious about their sobriety--they really give ya a kick in the pants when you slip. I think you will enjoy the women's only part too.

I met some really great women last night that go to a Wednesday woman's only meeting. I can't go tonight--but I am looking forward to going next week.

Comment

Wednesday 9th August

Okay, I'm Back

Okay, I'm back for the longer version! It really takes too long to set up and break down stuff for sewing, and my cats have a field day if I leave anything out!! Good thing I love their fuzzy little butts!!!

It is soo good to see you back MFM!!! I've missed you a lot! And smooches to Becca coming on board! You can do it Becca!!!

I'm sure glad they don't sell wine the the grocery here, Lou, that would sure make it harder for me!

I do have the abs cd's now, and even though I haven't had the time to listen to the actual hypno cd, I have been listening to the subliminal every day for at least an hour, and I think it is helping. I listen in the car on the way home from work (test this out, though to make sure it doesn't make you drowsy!!!), and I find it always calms me and helps with urges! I listen to sleep learning every night too. I would imagine that for those who don't like the sound of sleep learning (I didn't until I changed the cd player) that the subliminal would also work fine at night. Of course, I'm a fine one to talk, with my "Friday night slips", but I figure we can all help each other, even if we're not perfect ourselves!

Kim, Kate, Mary, Dieann, keep on trucking!! We are all moving in the right direction!! I know that before, each slip started the inevitable slide, but this time, I'm definitely in Part 3, where I'm getting out of the hole faster and not lingering there for days or weeks at a time! That is progress for me!!

Susan, I in reading what you are saying too, and I'm thinking of my "regular" friends who don't drink or just drink socially. They have their ups and downs and just look at it as part of life when they have some days or even weeks when they are just blah or sort of depressed. It's US who seem to think this is some sort of aberration!!! I like what you say and your encouragement that it will pass. It's just the normal ups and downs of life. I know that one thing that tempts me to drink is my fear that it will ALWAYS be this way and isn't just a passing phase.

Gabby, Susan, Wayne and Matt! congrats on all our your AF days! Quite an accomplishment for all of you!!! But you guys have to stop saying good job to me!! It seems like every time you write that, I slipped the night before. So I'm just here, doing my abs thing one day at a time, but not really counting. Just keeping track to myself. (I have been sober, though, just trying not to jinx myself by posting to everyone how I'm doing!!! LOL!!!)

Barb, I'm not even thinking about moderation at this point. I know that, for me, thinking about it too soon would definitely be the kiss of death!! It sure was before! And Matt changed his mind about wanting to be mods as he went through his first month. Why not see where you are at the end of this month? I think being abstinent really gives you a chance to think it through. I can understand your anxiety about friends coming, and if you want to get a plan in place, I'm sure everyone here will help!

Janet, I think your slip was well worth it, because it sounds like you got a lot out of it! Let us know how things go with women for sobriety! The closest meeting to me is 45 miles away, unfortunately!

I'm worried about what happened to CV1 (Cynthia) Anyone have any clues???

At any rate, I am going to have to go now (you guys are probably relieved!:H ). I will be out all afternoon and have a meeting tonight, so I'll get home really tired. Even if I want to have a drink, I won't have a whole lot of time to worry or be tempted!!! That's always a good thing. But I'm getting to the point where I'm feeling better again, and at least for now, the benefits feel better than the difficulties! YAY!!!

Lots of love and hugs,:l

Kathy
                              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X