a thousand splendid suns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a thousand splendid suns

by khalad husseni who also wrote "he kite runner".

all i can say is it is one of the best most simply written books i have ever read. it is about 2 women in afghanistan and the course their lives take during the wars and jihad that tears the country apart. it goes into the taliban as well...such horrible circumstances and terrible bittersweet stories of love through extreme hardship and death.

i cried hard at the end.

a thousand splendid suns

Peace, thanks for the review. I have been on the fence about reading this one because "Kite Runner" was so devastatingly difficult to read... did you read that one, too? Is this one just as wrenching (from what you said about crying at the end, I am guessing "yes")...

Comment

a thousand splendid suns

wip, i found it more heartwrenching and more intense than the kite runner, if that is possible!!!
      it's beautifully terrible, know what i mean?

DO read it...definitely...it's something we need to know for sure.

peace!

Comment

a thousand splendid suns

now i'm reading "the attack" about a man who's wife commits suicide through bombing a restaurant...he had no clue she was going to do it...terribly mesmerizing book...translated from french.

peace!

Comment

a thousand splendid suns

"Kite Runner" was one of the hardest books I've ever read -- it broke my heart to read it.
          Saying that though, I think it's defiently a book that everyone should read.
          I'll look out for the next one the next time I'm at the libuary, thanks Peace.
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

a thousand splendid suns

it's so worth it dee!!!

Comment

a thousand splendid suns

I too enjoyed Splendid Suns. In fact, I liked it better than Kite. I loved the 2 women friendship part of it, but it is very disturbing & sad in many ways. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

a thousand splendid suns

it is about the taliban...

disturbing and sad in every way...

Comment

a thousand splendid suns

I'm with Mary, I enjoyed it more than the kite runner.
                  Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

a thousand splendid suns

I just watched Kite Runner tonight.... such a depthy story. I think I managed to hit on every emotion, but I will say that it is a GREAT movie.
                    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

a thousand splendid suns

I finished reading this the other day -- thanks for the referral Peace, I thouragly enjoyed it.
                      Heartbreaking at times with a bittersweet ending.

I recorded Kite Runner the other night but haven't had a chance to watch it yet -- it's on my list for this weekend.
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                      X