Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August 10 - We are doing this!

Hi all,

Rather quiet week on the mods boards . . . yes? Here is my email from the Universe this morning - have no other emails to refer to since that glitchy disappearing act the other day! I am thinking the Universe is right about this:

Lo and behold, before your very eyes, and all around you, a reflection of what lies within.

Glad we cleared that up.

Tallyho,
    The Universe

Judie, hope the family deal is going well and counting down to tomorrow!

Laura, I know you willl like those CDs when you get them. Seems about 3 weeks into using them, I really didn't need them every night and I haven't used them in over 2 weeks but I can send myself into that hypno place now with my thoughts when I feel edgy over not drinking. Those feeling are getting few and far between - usually those times are set off by my triggers which I have become very aware of these days.

Soccermom Mary, I just love that you are back at school and feeling so great, it is nice to not have a hangover huh?!!!! Good for you!!!

Trish, the post disappeared, hope all is well with you.

Mary Anne, hope you are having an excellent day.

Anyone else I missed, I am sorry about that.

I went to my Master mind group last night. Sure enjoy that group of ladies, the core group started 5 years ago and we meet once a month. Mostly for business advice at first (kind of like your board of directors) Over the years it is an emotional support group as well. We have from large store owners and top 25 biz owners to smaller people working from their homes, nice mix of businesses and personalities.

Had one glass of red wine last night
    No exercise as I started out at 7 am breakfast meeting and found myself home to ride the bike and took a nap instead! sometimes you just gotta rest! (that was the nice thing I did for myself yesterday.)

Soccermom Mary, I have a commercial art design studio, create logos, illustrations, layout magazines, design websites, art direct larger media campaigns. Really fills my soul and keeps my energy level focused but completely over the top on deadlines. thanks for asking!

Hope you all have an excellent day!

Hugs and Love to you,
    Mary

Good morning all
    Had a couple glasses of white wine on a patio last night. Its so nice not to wake up with a hangover. I cant believe I used to wake up with one a few days a week....isnt it great not to have one? Its nice to be able to think clearly and not to feel terribly about yourself isnt it?
    Anyways just stopping in to say hello to all my fellow mods, hope everyone is great
    Love all
    Jen
    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Dear Jen,

sorry I missed you before. I wanted to respond to the thread in general where you asked is it the high/craving? For me it is mental to the max and yes, I believe you have hit a core thought. It is the process of the thinking about getting drunk that helps add to the cranky crab inside of me! It does get much better in time as you develope new habits though.

I always tell myself when those thoughts hit, how much drinking is not satisfying anymore and remind myself how much I like to wake up clear headed.

Hugs to you,
      Mary

PS: Really like your Avatar!

Comment

Good Morning.

First off to add with Mary, WHERE IS EVERYONE? HELLO OUT THERE!

It's ok, we are really not that scary of a bunch. Ok, maybe we are, but in a great way. :l

Jen, Sounds like a nice morning. Wouldn't you like to be able to bottle that great morning feeling up and open it when you need it.

I am really feeling the pressure today. I feel like I have a big weight on my neck and my brain is buzzing and won't shut up. Your good morning and Mary's words from the Universe are helping though.

Mary, the nap sounded great.
        Trish, missed your post
        Soccermom Mary, you have one of the hardest jobs. I attended our 1st PTA Meeting of the year last night and I am always amazed at what Parents expect teachers to put up with.
        Judie, Ok, you have one of the other hardest jobs and happy almost birthday.

Over and Out,
        Laura
        Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Hi ya'll!
          Hope all is well in Mods-Vill today! I'm kinda in a wierd head space this morning... Not a big deal... Just re-thinking last night with the family.
          I'm the "baby"...and I guess ya could say the "problem child" of the family. Even tho I'll be 46 tomorro(YIKES!:eeks: ) Last night we got together for a BBQ, my family is pretty big on drinking(well at least, most of em), & they entertain a lot, so usually as soon as someone arrives, they're offered a drink.
          I got there after a kayaking, and met Hubby there, from work... he was offered a beer... nothing to me, I just figured it was an oversight(and may have been).
          So later, when dinner is about ready, my brother in law is opening a bottle of wine, he hands a glass to my sis in law(bro's wife)... and not to me. So I said "Oh don't offfer me any!" Kinda sarchasticly, and he say's something about O'douls! I mentioned a new program that I'm doing now & he says "Oh, wine-O" Ha Ha" I just left it @ that.
          All the while my sister has her bottle of scotch out on the counter, so she can freshen her drink w/out having to reach down & get the bottle out of cupboard 2 ft away!
          And of course Dad has his beer in the keg out next to the hot tub, which he keeps refilling & asking if anyone would like a re-fill, everytime, he goes out...
          I almost said I'll take a "first fill" to start with! But I wasn't in the mood for beer anyway...
          They made a B-day cake for me...After I blew out the candles... I so wanted to say..."Hey am I old enough for a friggin drink now?"
          I left a bit earlier than I probably would have just so I could come home & have a glass of wine! Plus Hubby had already left, because he had to work this AM.

The whole thing just seems sooo ridiculous! Maybe I'm the only one that even noticed any of it,... But I don't think so....
          I did end up going out & getting a drink from my kayak cooler eventually!
          You can be sure I'll be bringing my own bottle of wine to the reunion! And of course I'll pace myself... But this kinda SH*T makes me want drink more! But I do still have a lot of stubborn pride, so, I know I'll be good ! I have to...I have to PROVE MYSELF...ONCE AGAIN!

At least the reunion isn't @ MOm & Dad's house... that's a HUGE blessing! I'll have a lot of other family, besides the immediate... I'm really looking forward to it!

Sorry I didn't mean to write a book! I guess I should be thankful, to have such a caring family... just sometimes it can be a bit much!
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Dear Jude,

That family thing is weird huh?!! I am sorry you felt left out. They may have heard incorrectly that you were ABS? didn't know what to do with that info themselves . . yes?

I tell you it just kills me husband does not notice abs days nor 1 drink days and just assumes since I am on this mods program that I can not handle any alcohol or if I have a drink I am not following my program?!! (But don't forget he went out immediately and bought 5 big bottles of rum when he found out I was doing this, rum not being his favorite!) While he has not had on AF nor under the influence of many other party favors for years,he is fine. . . according to him, BUT ME - well that is another story. WHATS UP WITH THAT SH*T! I got irritated enough with him the other day when I called him on his abuse of party favors and he threw out, the "OK, Miss Alcoholic." P*SSED me off so much I challenged him to 30 days of abs. He would not take me up on it. This is the same guy who told me when I went on this and he found out (7 weeks later) that he didn't think I had a problem with alcohol and why would I do the program and in the same breath tells me he would do anything to help me achieve whatever goals I have.

Some of that oversensitivity Jen was talking about? Cranky crabby stuff on my part? I am not sure.

It is just he goes off his depression meds when he parties like that and then I pay for it a couple weeks later with that anger bullsh*t! I ignore him, find more meetings to attend do all kinds of stuff to not have to interact with him when that crap is in the house.

OK, my turn to say thanks for letting me vent!!!

Hugs and love to all my mods supporters - you are my life line most days!
            Mary

Comment

Family can just suck, there is not other way to say it. I try to avoid mine whenever I can. And then there's that guilt you get from trying to avoid them. YUCK!

Hubbies, wifes and partners; most days you love 'em and other days they are just unsupportive A-holes.

Maybe it's the moon and tomorrow will be a better day for all.

Hugs, Laura
              Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

I'm not really sure ...what to say here... other than ..."Families are not always one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life,".... Richard Bach.

Does that man have a way with words or what?:h

I would love to have 5 minutes to spend with this guy... (Richard Bach...) over a glass of water or wine ... or a milkshake...
                Truth be known... I'd meet him in the bottom of the Grand Canyon... and bumm water off of mule traines... ok ...not..
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hi All

I've been kind of m.i.a. this week. It's been a crazy/busy week at work and hotter than hades with lots of humidity this week - I'm beginning to think Omaha, NE is becoming the new tropical paradise. Anyway Judie - I have found that when I'm trying to "improve myself" whether it's moderating drinking, losing weight or whatever - the only person I share it with is my husband. Once the family knows - they NEVER forget, God love 'um. Try and remember - they're trying to help, even if it's making you feel like a child. and BTW

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
                  Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
                  Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
                  Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
                  : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
                  "

Comment

Working...
                  X