Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday 11 August

Good Morning Abbers!! at least it is on my side of the world

Thank you all for being such an inspiration! And WOW Gaby.. 63 days! You must feel like Superwoman!! and that is what I'm going for.. my goal is about 3 months or 90 days!!

Well I'm proud to announce today is day 12 for me.. and more important... I've not succumbed to life's little emergencies. Several things have happened which would have normally sent me scuttling off to the bottle shop.. but I've stayed calm. (fight with boyfriend, losing job, etc..) I can say that even though there have been moments when I've felt genuinely miserable, I've decided that feeling will pass, and I've resisted. This is working!! and I'm getting better at it! :H

Wishing you all good luck for another day.
    :heart:
    MFM
    myfavouritemartian

Friday 11 August

Hey Guys

Hi Guys,
    Just checking in. It's Friday afternoon here about 3.30pm and I have just picked up my step-daughter from school. I have missed a few days posting but doing OK. I log on to post and get carried away reading threads that I run out of time. Plus I am like MFM as in getting confused about the days. I would like to ask RJ if she could put up a world time clock so we could see what day & time it is somewhere else.It would help with chat especially as I would like to catch up with some people but not sure if they should be sleeping or at work. MFM you sound so good and I am really happy for you.
    Alot of people are talking about being on abs with how ordinary our lives have become and I so relate, it's like all my good fun is gone and I am bored and have nothing to look forward too! This doesn't happen all the time mind you but I am taking awhile to get used to the no drinking thing.
    I have found that I have been short-tempered with my husband since I have stopped drinking but I don't think thats so bad as it has cleared the air about things that have been troubling me and also him. It's making us both look at ourselves and take stock of who we really are and what our direction is for the future. It actually can be exciting as we are both looking outside the square!
    I am thinking of you all and are gratefull that you are my friends.
    Thanks
    Shas
    Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Friday 11 August

Hi guys - love popping in here everyday - you're all doing great.

Shas, I use timeanddate.com - it allows you to configure your own Personal World clock - very useful to keep track of who's likely to be sleeping.

See ya.

Tawny

Comment

Friday 11 August

Good morning all, Day 20 for me and I too am proud to announce that. It does get hard at times, but I like feeling sober and clean. This has been my first week on campral and sups that has helped a lot, I feel much calmer. I go on holiday ths wekend though for two weeks, and have decided with th security scare at the moment, its not going to be worth the hassle trying to take my sups with me, so I will take the campral, and the cds and lots and lots of will power!! Taking my son to see his dad (he won't go on his own yet) so not really looking foward to it still some baggage around this for me.

But just as you say MFM these feelings pass, they are not for ever, and that will be my maxim whilst on my jolly hols.

Keeping on abbing everyone, lets take these ups and downs of life in our stride, thats what "normal" people do you know!!!!! Love Carole

Comment

Friday 11 August

MFM,
          You know I did the same as you. There was something about the number 3 for me. It was even deliberate that my name had 3 words in it. When I started my plan was 3 days. When I got there I thought 3 weeks. Then I thought 3 months. Now I'm thinking life!!! and it all started with a hope around the number 3.

I suppose its totally natural for us to wish that life was easier or feelings easier to manage.. we just need to learn to live with this 'natural' unnaturalness!@!!!!!! I can be normal I can be normal.. (hear my mantra!!!)

Hard times are actually harder if I"m drunk so its better this way. (now there is a mantra for you!!!)

Shas, hang in there my friend - sounds like interesting times in your home - and I hope it all works out for you.

Good luck Carole.
          Brigid

Comment

Friday 11 August

Happy Friday everyone!
            I am on Day 11.
            Yay, I got a running buddy! I just started running about seven weeks ago because it's too hot in my second floor apartment to do my exercise videos. I'm pleased as punch about the 3 miles yesterday. It should be cooler in a couple more weeks, and I'm looking forward to getting back to my videos, but I don't want to leave out the running. It's hard for me, and I like it! I do listen to music. It helps to not hear myself gasping for breath!
            My boyfriend was over last night, and he drinks beer and drinks beer and drinks beer. Gosh, it was smelling nasty! The only thing that's sounding good is chilled white wine. So I decided to add that into my hypnosis: I do not care for white wine. I don't remember if I did it though. :H
            So, those of you who use the CD's, what affirmations to you have for yourself?
            Diane M.

Comment

Friday 11 August

Hey Absville!

Good work everyone! And I am in AWE of you folks out there running!! I have GOT to start exercising...even if it's only minimal...

Okay, sorry I don't have time to say much here at the moment--still on that old computer in Vermont until Monday when I'll be back in NYC--better computer, worse environment! It's always a trade-off, isn't it?

Hmmm...now THAT'S a great segue...I'm thinking of the trade-offs we have to make to keep our new lives...maybe less drama, but more LIFE! (Or some variation of that...) How about less illusion more reality--and, let's face it, sometimes reality bites! On the other hand, illusion is, well, an illusion! As in NOT REAL.... And, inevitably, illusion will be replaced by reality--that very same reality we were trying to avoid--only now it will be reality-with-a-hangover! :upset:

And how much "fun" did we really have anyway??!! I know, that for me, it started to be a lot less fun and a lot more hard work just to maintain my drinking...

Okay, folks, that's it for me for today! Have a wonderful, AF day--and know you'll wake up tomorrow feeling so good that you did! Stay close and be gentle with yourselves--
              :h
              susan
              "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Friday 11 August

day 4 for me

Good morning fellow abstainers! (I'm starting to like the sounds of that). Brigid, you, as usual, have very wise things to say and reasons to stay sober. Thank you! MFM, congrats on getting back on the old wagon. I think you were on it while it was running me over.... :H . Thanks for stopping to pick me up! You too, Shas!
                Carole, 20 days? great! I was reading some other posts of yours and it sounds like you have come a long way to understanding why you need to be sober right now. Hard to get out of that rut, some days are difficult, I'm sure, but we'll keep on trying. Keep it up!

I FINALLY am starting to get some energy back. Don't know if it was my recent travels, drinking too much, not running enough, or a combo. Probably combo.
                The first time I did a little stretch of abs on this program, it was really emotional. Crying all the time, near suicidal, really (marrital problems, for those of you who didn't know me back in Feb, March). This time feels so different! I'm doing it because I want to and need to and Don't want to end up back drinking the way I was for months and months on end, becomming less and less productive, missing things, being a moron.

So today feels good! Hubby will be back in town today (I made it 2 nights with him gone sans booze! whoo hoo!) and he is abstaining with me. Should be a good Friday.

Next wk, I am going to go take care of my Grandma in Canada. This will be yet another challenge, because there is no internet access!!! yikes. They do happy hour EVERY DAY at 4. :sigh: I'll be taking some MWOer phone numbers with me!
                Still keep thinking "abs abs abs no drinking no drinking no drinking" too much. It's ANNOYING.

Everyone have a wonderful abs abs abs no drinking nodrinkingnodrinking Friday!!!

Comment

Friday 11 August

Becca, is there an internet cafe or coffee shop or a library you can check in from while you're in Canada?

Do you have the CD's?

Take your running shoes!!!
                  Diane M.

Comment

Friday 11 August

Don't worry, Becca, all that "head chatter" will settle down as Abs becomes more "normal" for you. You just won't think about it as much, trust me!!!

Martian, you are doing so well--you must be so proud!! I'm still so tickled that you are back here!! And Carole, 20 days is so great!! I'm looking forward to having 20 all in a row! LOL! They DO add up if you keep putting one foot in front of the other!

Thanks for popping in, Tawny.

Three is my lucky number, Brigid. Maybe I should adopt your "philosophy of three"!! I can definitely do three days, so three weeks is next!!

Dieann, I'm working on some new affirmations now that I have the abs cds, but I will tell you, when I have had some red wine, my favorite, it only rarely tastes as good as I remember. Mostly, it tastes yucky. Remember the first time you drank alcohol?? It IS an aquired taste. I think the more we don't drink, the more it doesn't taste as good as we remember it....I am not, however, suggesting that you put this to the test!!!:egad: RJ said in her book, though, that vodka really lost its appeal for her after she started the cd's, and that had been her favorite! So go ahead and put in those suggestions with your hypno!!

Susan, I agree with your thoughts (I usually do!!:l) I know that I have kept drinking HOPING to recapture the good feelings, but it doesn't really work that way anymore. In the last 15 years it is mostly remorse and self loathing.

Finally got to settle down and sew for a bit this morning! It is fun watching the pieces come together. It is going to be so much more enjoyable sewing flags this summer compared to the spring, now that I have plenty of help. I know that some who were here on the boards in Feb and March were alarmed when I said it was flag time, fearing that I would be a basket case again:egad:, but this isn't the case at all this time around. In fact, sewing blisses me out in general, and is one of the things that I hope to get back into as a non drinking activity. It is just a little bit of an adjustment learning not to sew without a glass of wine by my side. But then, outside of work, my whole LIFE is like that! So, each day that goes by is one more day of learning to do what I do without a drink.
                    ng>

Anyway, I've gotta go get ready for work. I have some afternoon clients today. Hope I didn't miss anyone!

Hugs,

Kathy:h
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday 11 August

Kathy, red wine is my fav too (but it hasn't sounded good because it's been so hot). Last time I had some, it didn't taste very good. I don't think it was the greatest bottle, although maybe it will age well in my basement.... Anyway, I ended up pouring about a 1/4 of it out. :shocked:

I notice during lots of beer drinking that that wasn't necessarily very tasty either. I guess I really just like the buzz. Maybe another affirmation should be that I enjoy being clear-headed. Because I do!!! And I need to remember that!
                      Diane M.

Comment

Friday 11 August

Hi guys,
                        Well, being the airplane spaz that I am, I still made it to Nashville in one piece. My sons were a huge help on the plane. Distracting me and making me laugh. A new male friend that I have been chatting with texted me just as we were on the the plane. Sons saw it and promply texted him back on their phone saying he was my son and not to talk to his mom any more. A bit protective wouldnt ya say? I thought hummm....this will be interesting to see his reaction. Well would ya believe he texted my son back and said this doesnt concern you! At first I was a little peeved at my son for doin that but now I figure he did me a huge favor. I really think he shouldnt have responded like that....and just told me about it insted. The boys have a right to be guarded about a new person coming in their lives. I do understand that and remember feeling that way when my folks got divorced. I only wish I had the space to voice my opinion. So that guy and I need to have a talk for sure and I dont believe we will be continuing on. There was more texting going back and forth like he was argueing with my son about it. Finally when my son got fisty and said that it DID concern him and it wasnt right for him say it didnt. Then and only then did he text to me and tell me what was goin on. Gee, this could actually be a plan next time. I think they will do a good job of weeding out the control freaks for me, ya think? They are funny. They say, "Mom, no one is good enough for you". I sure do love them. Anyway....we all laughed about it and soon we were landing and my plane worries were over. Little did they know the biggest favor they were doing for me was getting my mind off the fact that I sure could have downed a few beers, (at least) on the plane trip.
                        Thanks to you guys too for your good words of support, private messages and angels. No need to mention names, you know who ya are! : )
                        Well had to share that silly story with you all. Hope everyone has a good day and a AF one. Loves and kisses to all..... gabbs
                        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Friday 11 August

Kids and Pets, eh, Gabs??? They can sometimes figure it out much better and quicker than we can sometimes when we have the little :h thing going on! Anyway, sounds like the boys did good for you in the love AND drinking department!!!

Okay, off to work!!

And yes, Dieann, being clear-headed is good isn't it???

Kathy
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday 11 August

busy day

I've had a busy day and a busy weekend planned. Try to check in...glad to see everyone doing so well.

Comment

Friday 11 August

Gabby

Hey Gabby......with "men" like your sons in your life, who needs anything more?

I just wanted to share that my daughter has two sons and they are also protective of her after a messy divorce. She did remarry after five years and is happy now....but.......it's really hard when you "blend" families. Much work!

Sounds like you've got it on the ball with the "red flag" on the new guy!
                              Listen to your heart!
                              :h Nancy
                              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                              X