Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly thread week of March 16

Hi Everybody,
    I think our most frequent posters are doing other things. I hope you all are well - I am! Another AF beautiful spring day.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Hi Sun,

Just wanted to bop in and say hi. I'm in the busy season (church secretary - Easter is 4/12) and am planning to go see MIL and my parents next weekend, then go on vacation the following week to New Orleans. I just haven't had the time to check in here, though I miss the banter back and forth. I guess for me I just didn't have the time to keep discussing alcohol - you get to a point that it's just not that big a deal in your life. A good book, yes . . . a bottle of wine, not so much. But, I think everyone here is worth every minute, so that's why I pop in from time to time. Thank you for keeping the weekly thread alive. You are all marvelous.

Vera-b

Comment

I'm not at the moderating stage yet - but I read and appreciate all the posts in here.
      I hope to join you 'officially' at some point.

Bx
      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hi Sun & Vera,
        I was just reading thru a little book of women's quotations and came across a couple of gems...

"Wise is the woman who fortifies her life with friendships."

"A person should have enough education so she doesn't have to look up to anyone.
        She should also have enough to be wise enough, not to look down on anyone."

Glad you had a nice spring day Sun... It was pretty much cloudy here today, but hopefully tomorrow...

Vera, have fun on New Orleans! Eat some crawdaddys for me!
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hey can i join on the mod sqaud weekly....sometimes i think it may be more for me to read that i have time for but i would like to be held responsible to be here.

Modders gooooo!!!!!

Dove

Comment

Morning all, welcome Dove, yep, I'm still around. Thanks for starting this week's thread Sunbeam. Recovering here from having a cyst (was it a cyst or something else, we don't know yet) removed from my foot. Have the strips holding my skin together removed tomorrow. Vlad scared.

vera-b;573996 wrote:
            I guess for me I just didn't have the time to keep discussing alcohol - you get to a point that it's just not that big a deal in your life.
            Vera - I know what you're saying. I kind of feel this way, that's why I've not been posting much lately.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Morning Modders,
              Hope everyone is off the a good Tuesday. St. Jude, sorry to see all that nonsense posted with your inspirational thread. That's frustrating to say the least. You're a strong person, as I probably would have let it upset me the rest of the day! I'm got to work on my backbone. Any supplements that strengthen that?

Hi Vera! Great to see you're getting on with your busy life. I'm really happy for you. You're filling your days with what you love and that's inspirational. Keep it up lady! And, btw, I need a new Vera Bradley bag. I've got to take a trip to the store soon so see the new spring patterns. It's time for a new bag!

Betty, don't sweat it, ok? You'll find your way. Keep coming here, keep believing. It's not going to be perfect the first or even second time you try and mod. It takes persistence, so don't give up. We're here to support you.

Vlad - take care of yourself! Are you off work now? Get all the pampering you deserve at a time like this. I sure as heck would be milking this! Get your rest.

Hi Dove, Sun, Deebee, Eve, Delta, and everyone. Have a super day!
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

j-vo;574267 wrote:
                Vlad - take care of yourself! Are you off work now? Get all the pampering you deserve at a time like this. I sure as heck would be milking this! Get your rest.
                Was off work last week, I'm back at work now and my foot keeps swelling up!!! It sucks.
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi Gals,

Had a crap weekend and totally over did it so I'm feeling rather rattled and not too sure of myself. I need to re-look my tools and goals as I just CANNOT allow this to happen again. The feeling of dread, hatred and self pity the next morning is even more crippling now than it was a year ago as I know it's not who I am.

Hope everyone is GREAT:-)
                  I'll catch up with y'all tomorrow.
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

DeeBee, you are such a rock! I am so very sorry you had a bad drinking experience.

Vlad I'm keeping good thoughts that your cyst is just a cyst. Hope your foot is feeling better.

j-vo, love your cheeriness.

dove there are some great threads in this long term mods section. When you get time go poking around they are filled with good modding tools to help you.

Judie it's so good to see you posting here. Like I said in another thread, I've gone way back to the "beginning" threads here at MWO, so I know you have a long history here.

Betty your attitude is great, you will reach your goals I'm certain. Please keep posting here and let us know how we can encourage and help you.

Vera it is always good to hear from you.

Hi Sunbeam, thanks for starting us off this week. I was beginning to wonder if people were so busy they forgot to post! Mondays are hectic for me so I usually only have time to read, Tuesday is a better day for me to post.

I'm wearing green today, but no celebrations in store. Work is encouraging, we are getting a lot of phone calls and small orders. I wish the big money would loosen up and some of these jobs open up. I just keep the faith that everything will work out OK.
                    vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

HAPPY TUESDAY.

Well guys, I am officially joining if that is ok. I am still in my inital AF period (24 of 55), but I know where I want to be thereafter and thus would like to start talking to the people I hope to be with and support in the longer term.

So Hi to you all. I know some of you quite well already, others less. But I look forward to joining in the weekly threads.

Vlad - you take special care of yourself.

Deebs, I feel for you too. I know those feelings you descibe and they are awful, but try to use them as a reminder of why you dont normally do it. Hugs.

Today is a special day for me. Not only is it st Pats, it is the day I met the lovely Mr Moo 8 years ago....Ahhhh bless him

So everyone, have a happy happy week.......Love Moo
                      "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                      but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Hi Moo! Welcome aboard!

Deebs, I know all too well how you are feeling, and we're here to pick you up. You've made such great progress in the past year, and you'll continue. You're awareness is with you, you know what you need to do. As my husband told me this past weekend when my anxiety flared up (and this gets me extremely down) that not every day, every hour, or every moment is going to be perfect. We are not perfect modders, but we're working on being the best that we can be. Take care girlfriend.
                        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hi all,
                          Moo, welcome! Your story, wherever you first posted it, sounds quite similar to mine. So I hope it doesn't feel like I've been stalking you. You will find your own path, glad to see you here.

Deebs, my longest MWO friend, I am so sorry about the latest turn in your recovery. You are not happy about it, and that will give you the power to change your course. Let us know how we can help.

Vlad, my prayers are with you about your foot. Scary stuff, though it will surely turn out fine.

Dove, glad to have you joining the Squad.

St Jude, glad to see you here. I wish we heard from more long term modders.

Vera-B(radley), always glad to see you here, but real life really is more important.

Betty,
                          Your recent experience reinforced the notion that drinking isn't all that great. You could use that thought to drink occasionally, or decide your life is better AF.

Cyclefan, J-Vo, and everyone else: enjoy the day!
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi everybody!

Just a quik fly by...having a girl's day...playing beauty shop/hair day @ la casa today...
                            Gotta go help a friend get a bag off her head (lol)& rinse!

Hugs,
                            Hope all are well & having a great day...
                            PS
                            Take care of that foot Vlad.

And :welcome:Mood:welcome:

Oh yeah...Happy Saint Patty's ... I've a little Irish in me... (well, not @ the moment,... heehee... no really, my Mom was a Moore)
                            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hey modders,
                              Spring break and weather is so beautiful where I live that we chose not to vacation anywhere but home.
                              Took son to a kid's pizza place that serves wine and beer. The "old" me would have talked him into going there so I could casually have the glass of wine with lunch. The modding me has a handle on that thinking now. Diet coke please...who wants to drink alone - have the body burn the alcohol first and store those pizza calories - and get tired in the afternoon and need a nap because I drank alcohol?
                              No Thanks!
                              I definitely am seeing many positive changes since I started actively modding and thinking about why I'm drinking when I choose to.
                              Eve11
                              p.s. Deebs,
                              Get yourself back on that stairways and keep saying "One step at a time!" Love you.
                              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X