Prayer For Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayer For Today

Lord make me an instrument of Thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love: where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadess, joy.
    O, Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved, as to love; for it is in giving that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Prayer For Today

Thanks for reminding us. I sing and have used this in music form. A great message for us all. God grant.
    :heart: Eliziby :heart:

Comment

Prayer For Today

Gina and Eliziby,

I just found the "what we believe" part of MWO!

I was looking through "tell us your story" and found Eliziby's post. I was so drawn to her story, I looked up all her posts and......here I am!

Soon, I will tell my story (waiting for the kids to start school so I have time) but I want to thank you for your posts and affirmation of your faith here.

I used to think to be a "christian", I had to be perfect. I know now that I can never be perfect, I can only do my very best to be what God wants me to be.

I love the book "The Purpose Driven Life" and the part that talks about defeating temptation. I am revealing my sturggle to a godly support group here and I couldn't be happier.

Thank You!

RYL
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Prayer For Today

:welcome: RYL

I loved "The Purpose Driven Life"! It's so not all about me!!

Messy Spiritually and Ragamuffin Gospel are two other good books. They are about all of us imperfect Christians! Some humor in both of them...it helps to laugh at myself sometimes.

Isn't this a neat thread? I don't know why it's way down at the bottom.

"The church is supposed to be a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints. Nonetheless, we often expect ourselves to be perfect, and we are surprised at the twists and turns in our Christian walk. God has NO illusions about our capacity for wrongdoing. He doesn't give us test to check up on our growth. Instead, He allows us to walk through our areas of weakness until we acknowledge our helplessness and commit ourselves to His transforming power. Only then do we experience genuine change".

Oswald Chambers

Nancy:l
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Prayer For Today

Gina;'

That's deep I ahd to read it serval times....

Thanks!
          Brandy

Comment

Prayer For Today

OK

So there is room for me? I was/am catholic through and through but now am divorced so no room for me in my church. Went to a Catholic funeral just this week and so enjoyed the ritual and felt so at home! really felt alot of peace when I left the church! But what now? I am in limbo! I so want to be part of a church but not sure where to go! Plus when they hear you are a catholic is does put barriers up (in other churches I mean!)
            Peace Be With You All
            I Give You My Peace
            (Don't you love that!)
            Shas
            Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Prayer For Today

:welcome: Hey Shas,
              Always room for one more "Peep"!

I don't think it maters which church you go to.......it's more a matter of your personal relationship with the Lord.

My morning devotion time is at sacredspace
              Google it and check it out. Its run by Irish priest...

Interesting being a baptist raised girl myself.

Love,
              Nancy
              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Prayer For Today

I totally agree with Nancy. It doesn't really matter what church..It's your relationship with God's Son that counts. Wherever you go and whatever you do to make that more personal to you that's where you should go, and what you should do. Time well spent with Him, however you spend it.
                Be Happy,

Comment

Prayer For Today

I love this thread. I think I will make sure I read it every day. I am trusting God to bring me thru my dark moments.
                  Kathy
                  "I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship." ~ Louisa May Alcott

Comment

Prayer For Today

Me Too!

Comment

Prayer For Today

I like this thread. Some very thoughtful quotes and insights.
                      Thanks for sharing them!
                      Jenn

Comment

Prayer For Today

Rachel, I love your quote by Dr. King. He was a wise man. God used him in a big way.

Comment

Prayer For Today

Bringing this to the top for Gina today

:l :l :l :l

Comment

Prayer For Today

Thank you imagine...I had never read it before
                            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Working...
                            X