My story - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My story - Part 2

I am 54, and have been drinking most of my life. I recently slashed my wrists in a drunken binge. which I really don't remember much of. Just waking up on the floor with blood all over my kitchen. I managed to grab my cell phone and just started going down my list of contacts looking for someone who would answer because I was afraid to call 911, thinking I could handle things with a little help. My co-worker (my friend I thought) did answer and came over to my house and then called 911. I got quite a few stitches in my wrist but checked myself out the next day anyway, after being "reviewed" by a state psychiatric worker. Well, unfortunately, my "friend" found it necessary to blab all over town what I had done, and subsequently I lost my job. This is a very small community, so needless to say, I was just humiliated beyond belief. At any rate, I was contacted by the hospital behavioral health people and practically bullied into going in for counseling. I am SO GLAD I DID. I have been put on Lexapro and have been taking it for a few days now. I had a wonderful and caring psychiatrist and she even went into her "drug store" and found some TOPA for me. She was very impressed that I knew so much about it, had gathered all the things together and was ready to start the program, in spite of everything else going on in my life. She gave all the meds to me free, and put me on a list to receive free medications, including the Topa. I told her about the web site here, and all that I have learned here. She will be passing that information on to others that she feels may benefit from it. So, I guess something good actually came out of this nightmare for me. I hope I can repay all the kindness in the future. This is probably the first time in soooo many years....I actually have hope for the future.

My story - Part 2

Happy

Elfie, I am so happy for you and good luck. Keep posting and letting us know your progress.
    Shas
    Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

My story - Part 2

Elfie,so glad to hear you have a supportive doctor. Keepwith it it'll work.I have hope as well...Mary

Comment

My story - Part 2

Elfie~
        So happy that your doing so great. You sound so renewed and refreshed. It is so so great to hear a positive outcome, keep up the Magnificent work!!!

Krystal

Comment

My story - Part 2

Elfie,

Yes, please do keep us posted. I am glad you have someone, and a professional no less, in your court. Please join us in chat sometime.

All the best!!!

Comment

My story - Part 2

Yay Elfie
            I remember your first post and how helpless I felt when I learned where you lived and the problem with the topa and everything else and how much I wanted to help you (I was even considering having my hubby who works in the states bring some topa to you but that wouldnt be until Sept blah blah blah).BUT ANYWAYS I am soooooo glad you found "a way". Keep posting my dear and keep us close to your heart when things are hard.
            Love Jen
            Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Working...
            X