my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my story

Hi Everyone,I feel so fortunate to have found this website and program.I have hope again I thought I was going to have to go back to AA which I didn't want to do.I was sober in AA for eight years and then began to drink again.At first not that much but gradually it creeped up and back in taking over my life.I would work but my day would end up with many drinks and a nice buzz to go to sleep with.My kids and husband were asking me to do some thing about it.The first time I quit it was just me just because I wanted to now this time I was feelig pressure but the thought of AA I couldn't handle the shame the inventories,the confessions,I really met some nice people but the program is not forme and they think their way is the only way.Well since taking the topramax and doing the hypnosis,I am tryingto swallow the supplements(I have a problem with the big pills gagging and the powder vitamen any suggestions)I really am being HONEST i feel like this is what it must be to be a social drinker, Something in my brain has changed I think the chemistry,when I have a drink I'm not immediately chasing that ultimate buzz. I've had one or two drinks at the most and I don't want anymore which is nothing short of a miracle.some nights I have had no alchohol prior to this I've had a alchohol every single night for five years,since I picked up.I have not been on this that long but I pray it continues and hope more people afflicted with this imbalance in brain chemistry that causes the suffering with addiction that we do learn about this.I also enjoy the support from this website thanks

my story

Hi Mary!
    Sounds like you are doing GREAT! Hope hubby and the kids take notice of what you are doing. Stay close, keep working at it, and you'll continue to do well. Don't let yourself slack...take it from me! As you have seen already, you can slide back to old habits if not diligent. Not trying to scare you or anything, just speaking from experience....
    Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Comment

my story

hi Becca, Thanks for the advice and believe I know been at this for a long time but hope I've stumbled onto something different with this topamax hope the effects don't wear off.I really feel it takes a lot of the craving away.I guess we'll see.Hope you're doing well...Mary

Comment

Working...
      X