understanding naltrexone..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi guys , i have just ordered nal online... im really keen to start,but today i kind of got a bit down because i realize im an emotional drinker... once i start i usually cant stop and i end up very raw , sad and angry.. what if i still cant stop on it ... :upset:
    this is my best hope because i have bugger all will power ... i really need this to work but im scared it wont... any words of advice would be greatly appreciated....:thanks:

As you are asking "understanding Naltrexone" Are you going to use it to hope that it makes you NOT DRINK? I have been successful in the use of it that way. It worked for me for a month. Then I got cravings again.

In my prior use of it I took it sporadically and it would keep me from drinking for nine days then I would not take it and drink again.

Have you followed the Sinclair Method. There is a thread in MWO and you can read about it there. And there is a link to thesinclairmethod.com:heart::heart::heart:

Good luck. Keep us posted as to what you are doing

Also have you read my post Naltrexone and Baclofen my experience? I have had very good emotional stability with the use of baclofen!

Comment

bump

Comment

Naltrexone does not work for abstinance any better than placebo. It is effective using the Sinclair Method. Look around this forum for the Sinclair Method and Eskap and you will find enough information to write a thesis.

Fortunately, most of us experienced a honeymoon for about a week were we lost nearly all desire to drink.

Comment

Working...
        X