Mod Squad Weekly Thread For 23rd March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning everyone. Finding it difficult to keep track on here at the moment. Had a busy and sober weekend. A colleague asked just if I drank lots of vodka at the weekend. I just said, 'Naaah, don't do that kind of thing anymore...' Well I don't. Was thinking at the weekend that I don't even know how I found the time or opportunity to drink like I did - life's full of too many responsibilities. The thought of drinking some beers and half a bottle of vodka on a week day, when I have work the next day completely baffles me... I'd have to go back there to work it out - the thought of that makes me, well, cringe!!!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Where is everyone today?
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi Vlad - I'm officially 'modding' now - just quietly! I'm enjoying a glass of wine, but have found that 2 is probably a bit too much - am officially lightweight. Am using drinktracker and find it keeps me honest. Life is just much much better than it was 3 months ago.

Am on msn with my Mom and her new chickens have finally laid an egg with a shell- she's so happy!

She's just retired and she and her fiance (will be husband no.3) have turned the backyard into a little veg plot and someone gave them a couple of chickens

Have a great Monday

Bxx
      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hi Betty, I've got to get back in the habit of using that DrinkTracker, been a bit slack these last two months.

Must be so exciting about the chickens - a little confused though, can they lay eggs without shells???

Comment

Apparently they can - the ladies were just covered in egg, with not a trace of shell. I looked it up and it does/can happen - who knew? Anyhow, just as they were destined for the pot the ladies laid that all important egg with a shell....
          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

How strange... you learn something new every day.

Comment

hi Modders
              I want to thank you all for yesterday - had a yucky day. I drank too much Saturday, but not at all on Sunday. I did it to calm nerves, but I really now understand it is a depressant. What was much more helpful was coming here with all my worries.
              Everyone have a good Monday, okay?
              Lila

Comment

hi Vlad - and Betty, that is great!

Comment

Hey Lila - yeah, not a bad day really apart from spending ?145 on some new tyres for my car. Hope today is a better day for you.

Comment

Hey guys, the guys in monthly abstinence advised me to ask you guys about this, seeing as it's more your area so my question is this: I've been AF for 15 days, and am planning to do at least 30 but am concerned when I start drinking again I'll get back into my old ways - I'd like to know how it is you guys manage to keep yourselves to a reasonable limit, and how you prevent things from slipping? what plans did you follow, are there any routines, programs etc you would suggest I use?

Thanks in advance for your guidance

-TG
                    The way I change the past is by not repeating it
                    -James Hetfield, Metallica

Comment

Below is a link to a good thread to review, That Girl. There is lots of great advice on the boards, you just need to dig a little. (Besides, it's a hoot to go back and read some of the old threads.) If you poke around a little you are sure to find something that resonates with you.

Moderating your alcohol intake is different from abstaining. You need to set your own boundaries to see what works for you. With abstaining, you Just Don't Drink. Moderating takes a lot of work and some experimentation, plus will power. You've done so well with your abstaining I have a lot of faith you'll find the right path for you.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f3...ain-31273.html
                      vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Hi all,
                        I had a health screening at work today, and they gave me a GOLD STAR. Blood pressure, total cholesterol, LDL, HDL, triglycerides, blood glucose were all optimal/desirable. BMI is just over the line into overweight, but that does not increase my health risk. I will keep recording in my food diary, but this made me feel good. I do eat high quality food, and exercise regularly.

ThatGirl, I've been admiring your 0's on Drink Tracker. Yay you! During your AF time you are learning you can live and enjoy life without alcohol. But in fact some poeple do fall quickly back into their own habits. You won't know until you try if that might happen for you. Someone once said that if you were a daily heavy drinker, you will not be able to moderate, but there is a wide range of drinking habits, and we were at various places in that range.

Continuing to use Drink Tracker I feel is very important. Following rules helps. But I think that goals are more important than rules. Most of us break the rules at times. But you can still meet, for example, a monthly goal even if you happen to break a rule.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi to all my modder friends!
                          I am back from a week at my parent's farm in California and all charged up for life. Had lots of fun snowshoeing, planting potatoes and garlic and hiking. Throw in there collecting eggs, playing with the miniature donkey and goats and extra sleep every night.
                          Life is good!
                          I am on day 26 or so AF and planning on continuing that way until Easter and maybe beyond.
                          I am so thankful for MWO and the lessons I have learned here.
                          May you all have a blessed day.
                          Toughen up!

Comment

Hi everyone,
                            Hope you all are doing well. It sounds as if you are. Vlad - hope your foot is doing better. Betty - good luck with your modding. It's a bit tricky as cyclefan told Thatgirl. I, in fact, need a tune-up as far as modding rules and goals. I like what you said Sunbeam - you may break a rule here or there but you need to focus on your goals. I've not been doing well lately and not happy with myself. I finally posted on the drink tracker and not proud of it. But I'm ready to pick myself up by the brastraps now. I failed with the smoking again, but today is my day one for that . . . again. I'll keep trying. I need your help! Delta - you sound great! And Lila, glad you're here.

Take care everyone.
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

HURMPH!!!

I logged on via my cell phone last night and spent a good 40 minutes typing up my post and I see it's not here -- that's annoying!!

Well I have had quite a trip so far. The flight was delayed yesterday because of some of the airport staff on strike, the car I hired was broken so I had to go back and exchange it and then I got held up for 3 hours because the freeway was closed because they are blasting for the new train lines. Today hasn't been much better, the whole city was grid-locked because the taxi's are striking and baracaded all major free-ways -- the joy of living in Africa!!! Sheez, what a waste my day has been.
                              On the up side, I am having dinner with my old boss and his pregnant wife tonight which I am really looking forward to.

Vladster, how is the foot feeling? All better?

Sun, I thought of you yesterday when I was driving through fields and fields of cosmos -- it is one of the prettiest sights!!
                              And congrats on passing your medical with flying colours!! Are you following a specific diet? I have started a 6 week program called TriEnergetics which I have mentioned before -- but I am really batteling with the diet/healthy eating side of things, especially whilst travelling.

J-Vo, honestly I found giving up smoking way harder than giving up AL. Have you read Patrick Holfords book "How to quit without feeling shit"? He recommends suppliements and vitamens which I found really helpfull. Hang in there friend!!

Lila, I read something last night on the threads which I wanted to reply to but now I can't remember what it was and I can't find it.... I bet you the minute I press "post" I'll remember.

DM, welcome back!! Your week away sounds amazing!! And you are sounding great!!!
                              I posted a pic of the monkeys in our garden for you on last weeks thread if you wanna take a look.

TG, well done on all those 0000's!! I know how commited you are to making this change in your life -- use every tool you can lay your hands on and only go the Mod route when YOU are comfortable with the goals/rules you have set for yourself.

CF, how are you??

To all our lurkers HI GUYS AND GALS!!!
                              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                              X